Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man Loop Hero would be great, I hope that's really it

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Ah really wish the thread title was updated or something daily. Missed all the games before todays, didn't even know it started

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Man, Loop Hero would be a massive one. One of the best games of 2021.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Do you hate Epic Games that much that you need to find an excuse to complain about their daily gift?
I don't really feel any kinship towards or need to defend any extremely powerful corporations (that would be super weird to do) that literally do not care about you beyond your monetary contribution to their growth and have no qualms advocating for better for consumers, sorry! Would it be better for consumers if the free games were up for more than a day? I think that is a fairly solid yes. I'm sitting here imagining someone saying "McDonalds should lower their prices a bit" and a McDonalds hardcore fan saying "No! You must really hate McDonalds for suggesting that!" lol, taking up for corporations is a choice for sure

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really feel any kinship towards or need to defend any extremely powerful corporations (that would be super weird to do) and have no qualms advocating for better for consumers, sorry! Would it be better for consumers if the free games were up for more than a day? I think that is a fairly solid yes.
It would be even better still if all games were given away for free all the time. But nobody goes around suggesting that because they know it's not plausible. What you're arguing for is also implausible. The whole point of this exercise is to get people to look at the store at least once a day, not just once at the end to claim 14 freebies. So you can have 1 free game each day for 14 days available for 24 hours each, or you can have the usual 1 per week. Which is better?

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really feel any kinship towards or need to defend any extremely powerful corporations (that would be super weird to do) and have no qualms advocating for better for consumers, sorry! Would it be better for consumers if the free games were up for more than a day? I think that is a fairly solid yes.
It would be sick if they just gave everything to consumers all the time. Fuck EGS for charging people. It's anti consumer

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I will be totally pysched if it's Loop Hero. That's exactly the sort of game I'm not willing to risk buying (Due to not knowing if I'd like the style of game, especially after a few hours), but would love to try as there's the possibility I could find myself really into it.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
next thing:

unknown.png

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Jurassic World Evolution was my thought as well, but I hope it isn't because it'd be a repeat

Hope it's either Jurassic World Evolution 2 or Second Extinction but it came out a month ago and isn't even fully out yet, respectively, so I'm keeping expectations low

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
The french leaker said it is Second Extinction and the game flopped hard enough to make ot believable

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Loop Hero is fantastic. Enjoy people who haven't played it yet!
Also, fuck. I wanted Mount & Blade.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
can't grab loop hero, it says already in my library even though it's not

edit: nvm works now

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
for some reason, the epic launcher is opening up my browser to their website for everything. When I try to claim a game it takes me to the store on the browser, same when I search the store. So bizzare. Never did this before.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Seems that the french leaker is in the know.
I read somewhere that apparently they're who leaks the PS+ offerings and also leaked EGS's holiday free games last year, but they're not posting the full list this year in advance because apparently some games last year got changed at the last minute and they didn't like people calling them a liar as a result. Dunno how true that all is.

Kornflayx

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really feel any kinship towards or need to defend any extremely powerful corporations (that would be super weird to do) that literally do not care about you beyond your monetary contribution to their growth and have no qualms advocating for better for consumers, sorry! Would it be better for consumers if the free games were up for more than a day? I think that is a fairly solid yes. I'm sitting here imagining someone saying "McDonalds should lower their prices a bit" and a McDonalds hardcore fan saying "No! You must really hate McDonalds for suggesting that!" lol, taking up for corporations is a choice for sure

No, this is like McDonald's giving out free burgers on a specific day and you're crying because they don't give you free shit for longer. Crying about free stuff is a choice for sure

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON

There are legit reasons to take issue with EGS and this isn't one of them.

Anti-consumer has been so abused by gamers that it's ceased to have any meaning. I guess EGS is also anti-consumer if they don't charge only 50 cents for each game and I should be able to refund any game even if I played 30 hours of it because it wasn't really that good and only a 7/10 imo.

These games are free shit that you're not entitled to.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Enjoy everyone, I had a blast with Loop Hero when it came out!

Didn't that one leak pretty much had every game so far just not in the right order?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder why they didn't leak the full list even if they know it. The 25th game is supposed to be the best according to the leaker.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Someone nwith both insight into PSN as EGS, hmmmn?

I always thought those two were weirdly buddy buddy.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Someone nwith both insight into PSN as EGS, hmmmn?

I always thought those two were weirdly buddy buddy.
Epic is buddy buddy with anyone that signs their exclusivities 😉

There is legitimate criticism on how Epic handles these sales and such, considering their continued stance is Steam devalues games whereas their sales don't for some magical reason. I guess it's because I can't purchase EGS games anywhere but the store and GMG, so yay?

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
I really love the game selection this year (except remnant ashes because it is repeat)

I was eyeing on neon abyss and loop hero all of this time and they give it for free I was like aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

second extinction seems boring

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I had to look up Second Extinction because I had forgotten all about it. Seemed like that really came and went. Also reminded me of a weird conversation I had on here with someone who said it was better that the dinosaurs you kill are generically altered because killing real dinosaurs would be sad, or something.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So according to a leak these might be the remaining games.
humankind, mutant year zero, vampyr, kingmaker, and prey