• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Potential Fable IV details may have leaked today on reddit, thought I'd post here since I searched and didn't see it posted.

The user that posted it deleted the comment/account, he posted info + a video of it but some people got the info before it was gone (though sadly doesn't seem anyone saved the video he posted)

• First/Third Person
  • In Depth character creator
  • Completely Open
  • No guns
  • Can ignore main quest and never become a hero
  • Players can build towns, ties into main quest heavily if you get the bad ending and fail
  • Multiplayer
  • Unreal Engine
Story/world details (using spoiler tag as it deals with story details):

Albion and Aurora are gone. "Lands reduced to fables." The Spire was rebuilt and used by a mad king to wish that an asteroid would strike the planet. He also wished it would happen again in the far future. Eons later and everything is new (medieval themed, new continents) and you have to stop the destruction of the planet again. Theresa and a Heroes Guild are preserved on another planet via a demon door. Time Travel heavily involved in play. Jack of Blades returns.

NMFried

Oct 25, 2017
TX
I'm game. Loved the first two, but not so much 3. I love the idea of trying to make good on elements from the trilogy while being something totally new.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
No guns

And unreal engine?

Wouldn't play ground be better suited to using the Forza tech engine? Why would they switch when they have clearly mastered the open world portion of it.

I not sure on this rumor

Wait, it's been so long......did the first fable have pistols?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Great to see Unreal Engine on there.

I wouldn't mind if they ported many of the assets from Fable Legends to this. That game's graphics was one of the few things going for it.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All those details sound great to me. Especially if
the game really is far after the setting of the first 3 games. That frees them up to really put their own stamp on it.

No guns

And unreal engine?

Wouldn't play ground be better suited to using the Forza tech engine? Why would they switch when they have clearly mastered the open world portion of it.

I not sure on this rumor

If true, could be a Frostbite situation where it might not be suited to other genres all that well. If works for car games, but who knows how flexible it is to do an action game. Just complete speculation tho.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The Fable series, warts and all, is the second best thing Microsoft has created, ever.

After Age of Empires, of course.

This all sounds good to me.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
people saved the video but it's being deleted super quickly every time its uploaded

assume rumor to be true

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
No guns

And unreal engine?

I not sure on this rumor

It's very likely that engine is not made for anything not racing related.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Hmm, the fact that multiple streamable's have been taken down of the supposed video from multiple accounts is curious.
Would someone go through this much effort for Fable?

OP
OP
Stiler

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
No guns

And unreal engine?

I not sure on this rumor

From what I read it's that it might be better going with Unreal which has tools and is made for rpgs vs using their engine that's built around a racing game and not an rpg/action game. On top of that unreal is an engine that more people are familiar with and would be easier for new hires to use.

Oct 25, 2017
uhhhhh don't really like the "players can build town" thing, also not really sure about no guns, they were really cool in Fable 2

i don't know. I'm skeptic. Not sure if the rumour is true and if it is, not sure that i like it.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Microsoft almost made it to E3 leak free. They were so close!
Hmm, the fact that multiple streamable's have been taken down of the supposed video from multiple accounts is curious.
Would someone go through this much effort for Fable?
I don't think so. Does it say who has been taking down the videos? Ubisoft gave themselves away by taking down the Roller Champions footage.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
From what I read it's that it might be better going with Unreal which has tools and is made for rpgs vs using their engine that's built around a racing game and not an rpg/action game. On top of that unreal is an engine that more people are familiar with and would be easier for new hires to use.

Yes, thinking about it now. It would be like having BioWare use frostbite for mass effect or anthem.......oh wait lol

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I remember literally beating Fable 3 without ever taking damage let alone dying due to how hilariously overpowered the rifle gun was.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I vividly remember working the launch night of the first Fable at GameCrazy. I never beat either game but I always enjoyed what I did play and am looking forward to see Microsoft revitalize this series. I am hoping for a Guerilla Games style surprise for Playground with the transition from a familiar work into something totally new.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Character spoiler
Jack of Blades is a lame bad guy.

Also Reaver better be in again.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Mannn a good new Fable excites me. Something about the dumb quirky stylings of Fable 1 just makes me smile. Here's hoping they capture that well enough

OP
OP
Stiler

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
One thing I'd hope for with a new Fable would be actually talking to npc's. The emote system is great (and I'd hope they still have emotes) but just like give us dialogue and dialogue options along with emotes too.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
If anyone does find the video, share through PM since it seems it is being taken down pretty quickly.
Excited for this, loved Fable 2.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Fable 1 was a very flawed gem, 2 improved on it in every way and is genuinely a great fucking game. 3 was...eh. Very excited for this though.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
Isn't the conference Saturday?
this is from gamespot

The Xbox showcase kicks off on Sunday, June 9. For those in the United States, that's 1 PM PT / 4 PM ET. For UK gamers, that's 9 PM BST, while Australian fans will need to wake up a little early to watch the conference at 6 AM AET on June 10.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Letting Fable fall so far from grace was such a huge mistake. These kinds of open world rpgs are incredibly popular right now and it's so disappointing seeing Microsoft just now entering that area.

Hopefully Fable 4 really blows everyone away, it has been way too long.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
The villain alone guarantees me a sale if the leak is true, though it does seem a bit too to be.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Ex-lionhead staff:

giphy.gif

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Anyone have seen videos posted with the leak? Were they gameplay snippets?

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Fable was also one of the first video games to let you marry the same sex.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
this is from gamespot

The Xbox showcase kicks off on Sunday, June 9. For those in the United States, that's 1 PM PT / 4 PM ET. For UK gamers, that's 9 PM BST, while Australian fans will need to wake up a little early to watch the conference at 6 AM AET on June 10.

Fuck, it is sunday

Nnoooooooooooo I'll have to go on black out and watch a replay with my brother after his graduation lol

Geeko

Oct 27, 2017
San Jose, CA
Crazy how quickly the videos are being torn down after being uploaded. I have yet to find a link with the working video. Must actually be the real deal. God damn, I'm excited for Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.