• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to keep saying it until it happens - Far Cry: Skull Island

Give me giant fauna and man-eating plants and shit

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
I think they could nail a good story this time. They were pretty close with 5's story, but it kind of didn't go far enough and sputtered out.

Oct 27, 2017
They need to continue the FC5 direction. Thee fact you could progress by doung what the hell you want is one of the best parts about it. FC games other than Primal limited you to main missions if you wanted to progress so you always did the story missions instead of what you want.

Also they need to bring back fishing.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
If I'm honest my top three Far Cry games have been :
1.Far Cry Primal on Survival/Hard difficulty
2.Blood Dragon
3.Far Cry 2

So yea,the modern formula with 3,4 and 5 have all been fine but far too similar and formulaic to really excite me too much.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
"Exotic". So I'm assuming somewhere in South America or Asia, since they normally keep the wacky stuff for DLC or side-games.

I hope the main character isn't mute.
Same. I'm glad they let you pick last game, but the character being silent killed any interaction between you and the bad guy. Something that really made 3 and 4 click for me.

Aug 13, 2019
I really hope they don't do the religious cult thing ever again. I hate the Seed assholes, but not in the Pagan Min or Handsome Jack kind of way. I've started to just skip every cutscene.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They really need to get back into something more political like Far Cry 2. You can only do so many kooky villains, with the last two still not being as good as Vaas.

Oct 25, 2017
Just please mix up the formula, after being on this series so long it's really hard not to feel a permeating sameness to the last 2

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I actually liked New Dawn, but it could have been much much better if it didnt follow the Ubisoft formula to a tee. The worst part was the weapon/enemy progression.

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
Hopefully the game goes back to a more survivalist style: Far Cry 2 was pretty perfect, the odds were stacked against you but you did also have allies too.

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wasn't Far Cry 5 the fastest selling game in the series....Era bubble?

I was talking from my point of view... didn't think I needed to be that specific, but I guess that ....Era bubble?

From a design point of view the game has been going nowhere since 3 (though 4 was fun just because of the helicopter) and Primal was great cause it was in a different era, and I think a lot of people purchased 5 thinking it was going to be better than it was, it ended up being a mediocre game. New Dawn sold poorly as far as I recall and was basically a reskinned 5, they didn't even try and hide the fact.

They need to change the formula, though I guess as its a next gen game it'll probably sell well, but I feel its been going nowhere for a while. Its a shame, Ubisoft do this with all their franchises. They used to be one of my favourite games companies, not they've become so formulaic and risk adverse.

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to it! Far Cry is definitely one of my top enjoyed series and even though 5 and New Dawn might not have been quite as good as the previous ones, they were still very solid overall.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I was talking from my point of view... didn't think I needed to be that specific, but I guess that ....Era bubble?

From a design point of view the game has been going nowhere since 3 (though 4 was fun just because of the helicopter) and Primal was great cause it was in a different era, and I think a lot of people purchased 5 thinking it was going to be better than it was, it ended up being a mediocre game. New Dawn sold poorly as far as I recall and was basically a reskinned 5, they didn't even try and hide the fact.

They need to change the formula, though I guess as its a next gen game it'll probably sell well, but I feel its been going nowhere for a while. Its a shame, Ubisoft do this with all their franchises. They used to be one of my favourite games companies, not they've become so formulaic and risk adverse.
Ah ok then,fair enough....I agree with you on everything here anyway.I enjoy the series enough but the formula started with 3 is old at this point,and like you said I was actually severely underwhelmed by 4 until I got the helicopter which saved that game from feeling very copy and pasted from 3......5 was more of the same with a slightly different design when it came to exploration I guess.
It needs a shake up,but like I said in my other post I'm not sure what that could be from a design standpoint.

Dec 23, 2017
Don't know why this one felt different. Allow Ubisoft to make this announcement really take away the surprise and excitement. Either way it isn't for me.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
5 was great, next step should be to make the game even less linear and ditch the mandatory story missions. Build a sandbox and let players make their own story.

Please no. That's the worst idea, and would destroy my interest in the series. Make-your-own-story games are my absolute least favorite type of game.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
I assume by exotic it means "not so exotic". So I'm guessing Cuba or India.
They wouldn't dare to make a North Korean game

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely looking forward to this one. I feel like I was in the small minority of people who actually really enjoyed FC 5. In fact I have pretty much enjoyed every game in the series, with my least favorite being 4.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
If by Dinosaurs you mean Comodo Dragons or big Crocodiles sure.
The 2015 survey specifically had dinosaurs as an option.

Also, Far Cry has already featured creatures that are much closer to dinosaurs than crocodiles are:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of those options aren't much different from what we've gotten. 5's Montana is like Alaska, New Dawn already did post apocalyptic, 3 already covers the jungle settings, and 2 already did Africa.

I'd honestly prefer they just go ham and do Jurassic Park setting so we can fight dinosaurs.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I'll say it for the 10th time here since last January

Hope y'all like riding horses and shooting while riding horses

Tropical-Ish Islands

Helping zoo's

Using jetpacks

Narcos

And co-op

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I want something that makes use of water and boats. A couple of islands with underwater ruins or lab or something

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they don't make it have "loot" and "health bars". Turned me off from ever trying New Dawn

Ubisoft went from all their games having towers, to now all their games having some form of RPG mechanics.

Dodger

Banned
May 30, 2020
I loved the overall gameplay of FC5 and the series in general, so I'm in for another. Never did finish New Dawn though. I'm probably in day 1 for 6.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
I feel like I remember reading something either here or on Gaf a while ago that said that the next game would be based in Cuba. Like the leaked answers to that survey or something. Maybe somebody can cite their sources better than I can?

At the end of FC4, Longinus says to Ajay that he's heading to "South America or perhaps Cuba". Probably not a throwaway line as Ubisoft likes to insert mentions of their future games. Ubi did South America in Wildlands, so I'd say Cuba is the most likely location.

There's a theory that Longinus was one of the warlords in FC2. Then he shows up in FC4. Good chance he'll be in FC6.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
With whatever setting they choose, I hope that they won't take what they did in New Dawn and rolled with it. Adding RPG (read: The Division) into the mix was a mistake. Every enemy a sponge is bad.