• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It would line up with this old rumor right from here that got true colors 100% correct.

For anyone interested, the LiS3 content presented to us in that survey was a direct sequel to the first LiS with a 10 year time jump. Max teaches photography at a college in a small town and hasn't used her power since the end of LiS. It follows the time line where Chloe dies. During a walk through the park late at night Max comes across a dead student of hers and contemplates whether or not to use her power to figure out who committed the crime.

The game mechanic was changed a bit as the working title of the game was LiS: Aperture, and using Max's camera would stimulate the time mechanic through the lens of what she was looking at.

We saw different character models of what Max looked like 10 years into the future and concept art of the town and college campus. We also concepts of an apartment that you could own and customize with different furniture and decorations. There was also a side quest that involved a cat that would eventually become your pet.

There was also talk of expansion and microtransactions but only on the basis of "what is the most you'd pay for alternate outfits, apartment furnishings, or holiday items when certain holidays would come around?" It almost seemed.. live service-ish, but they didn't give us any other info than that.

All in all, it seemed very promising and everyone that participated in the zoom (including me) were very excited for it.
www.resetera.com

Life is Strange 3 and 4 info

Hey all, heard some info down the grapevine about upcoming Life is Strange games so I figured I'd share it with you folks. First off, Life is Strange 3 is being developed right now by Deck Nine (devs of LiS: Before the Storm.) It's being developed on Unreal Engine 4 rather than Unity. It's a...

Obviously could be fake, but seems like it would totally make sense financially to go that route, and details fit with current SE.

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
"It follows the time line where Chloe dies."

Good. The ending where you DON'T save Arcadia Bay was garbage

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Give it to me NOW.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Hopefully it's true, but I'm really not holding out any hope for a new LiS game, especially after True Colors was kind of disappointing.

That being said, the premise sounds pretty good and realistic, so hopefully the new Max/Chloe game does end up following something like that

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
How many rumors have we had where it's said the next LiS would follow up on the 1st game but didn't?

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds neat. I want Alex Chen to come back though. By far my favorite LiS protagonist.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Am I the only one that wants the next Life is Strange to continue having new characters?

I get people loved Max and Chloe (even though if this is true Chloe won't be in this). But I loved seeing other people's lives.

if this does happen though i need a Life is Strange 2 Part 2

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
i hope they make a point of making this the arcadia bay survives ending so we can undo problems and make chloe and arcadia bay survive (the theory people had about the zero escape series before ztd shit the bed). i just don't see the point of it if chloe isn't part of the story.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Could be fake in that it's building off the prior leak. I do expect the game to be more ambitious than True Colors. I could see MTXs being in the game if only as a scummy move by SE and Deck Nine's management. The big thing to me is there's no way they would do this with Chloe being permanently dead. I truly can't see the former lead writer going with that (or anybody on the team), and she hyped up the project after she was laid off.
Sounds neat. I want Alex Chen to come back though. By far my favorite LiS protagonist.
There's currently a what-if sequel comic running for Alex and Steph, plus there's a novel coming out. (Though I don't know when the latter is set.)

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Could be fake in that it's building off the prior leak. I do expect the game to be more ambitious than True Colors. I could see MTXs being in the game if only as a scummy move by SE and Deck Nine's management. The big thing to me is there's no way they would do this with Chloe being permanently dead. I truly can't see the former lead writer going with that (or anybody on the team), and she hyped up the project after she was laid off.

There's currently a what-if sequel comic running for Alex and Steph, plus there's a novel coming out. (Though I don't know when the latter is set.)

When did the writer get fired ? I don't remember seeing anything about that

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
Correct ending but I would still prefer new characters. I kinda liked the idea of it being connected but with different people and powers with their own struggles. If we have to return to the original than yes Bay > Bae is the way to go.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I'm intrigued, but I feel like if they go in that direction there's absolutely no way they don't work in a way to undo that ending choice.

Oct 25, 2017
"It follows the time line where Chloe dies."

Good. The ending where you DON'T save Arcadia Bay was garbage
the problem with that ending though is
1. Basically undoing everything you did.
2. Max is basically committing to letting what's his name get away with it because she otherwise wouldn't know he'd be caught. And if she interfered than it's still basically the use of her powers.

Both endings are trash and nearly ruined such a perfect game imo.

Our choices and actions should have affected the endings.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I highly enjoyed the Life is Strange comics so I'm wondering if it'll take inspiration from there

The series deals with Max jumping between timelines, so the easy cop-out here is to have game explore two timelines, one where Chloe lives, one where Chloe dies.

also man, i'm a nerd, i read all the life is strange comics

Paragon

May 5, 2018
Bringing Max back without Chole would be a mistake. I just don't see any way that goes down well with the core fanbase.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I always thought Max's powers just activate to try to save Chloe in the beginning and choosing not to act and let Chloe die (good ending) her powers never manifest

Guess I assumed incorrectly!

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be bummed. Just keep it an anthology series.

And they'd be worse off for it, too, because knowing the reactions after LiS2 was revealed, people would be mad at that premise if you're gonna directly return to LiS1.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
no thanks
this will forever be the canon to me

19f3501cfc73286f23d60da7e02f8f881d89d01c.jpg

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
The first game established alternate timelines exist with the one where Chloe's father lives. Bay and Bae would have been happening concurrently these past 10 years.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I'd prefer they continue to do new characters for each game. But if they did want to revisit older characters, I absolutely agree with the route in the supposed leak.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
the problem with that ending though is
1. Basically undoing everything you did.
2. Max is basically committing to letting what's his name get away with it because she otherwise wouldn't know he'd be caught. And if she interfered than it's still basically the use of her powers.

Both endings are trash and nearly ruined such a perfect game imo.

Our choices and actions should have affected the endings.
I disagree. It's not undoing everything you did because the entire game is about grief, acceptance, and not taking anything for granted. You don't get to rewind time in real life. You have to make each day count while you can. Hold on to the ones you love while you can. In the Bay ending, Max learns these lessons after getting a chance to say goodbye. A chance that most of us never get.

Jefferson doesn't get away with it because Nathan kills Chloe, is arrested, and exposes Jefferson. It wasn't altering or interfering with reality because Max was in that bathroom as a witness.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
I highly enjoyed the Life is Strange comics so I'm wondering if it'll take inspiration from there

The series deals with Max jumping between timelines, so the easy cop-out here is to have game explore two timelines, one where Chloe lives, one where Chloe dies.

also man, i'm a nerd, i read all the life is strange comics

That idea sounds like it would make the most sense to keep everyone happy

But also raises the question to whether an ending for that concept just ends up repeating the end of LiS1 again

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
That sounds bad.

Life is Strange, to me, are coming of age stories, so having one about a late-20s versions of a character we've already been through this with is lame. The coming of age part is the important part tying it together as a series for me.

The microtransactions sound shit. Just complete trash.

I already felt like Deck 13 was simply trying to recreate 1's popularity with setting it in a small town and everything, instead of doing something hey we're passionate about, but bringing back Max is so much worse. I'd rather they try something new like 2 did.

Also, 2, the best LiS, confirms Chloe's survival, so I'm also not interested in seeing her dead. 🤷‍♂️

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
People that like LiS 2 are my friends.

People that wrote LiS 2 off entirely while praising the absolute worst entry in the series (Before the Storm) are my enemies.

Leave this story alone. It was already finished in the first game. Move on.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to ignore people relitigating LiS1's ending, since too many men don't understand how much the original team fucked up.
Bringing Max back without Chole would be a mistake. I just don't see any way that goes down well with the core fanbase.
That's the thing, the (remaining) Before the Storm crew working on LiS4 would absolutely not revisit Max without Chloe. I don't see a way, especially on a team with plenty of (queer) women. True Colors is antithetical to LiS1 in many ways.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Good chance we get some kind of reveal this year (if this game still exists), considering it's already been a few years since the initial rumor.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Good chance we get some kind of reveal this year (if this game still exists), considering it's already been a few years since the initial rumor.
No, the initial leak/rumor was just a pitch being focus tested from what I recall. (It came out alongside the legitimate leaks about True Colors.) We'll probably get a reveal this year because Deck Nine has two teams and the one that didn't make The Expanse has been working on something since before True Colors fully wrapped up.