• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A remaster means they will need newer assets at least for HD.

Otherwise if it were just a port of FF8 they would have already just done that.

OP
OP
Iori Fuyusaka

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After yesterday's Miyamoto stunt (not from the same person obviously), I am still going to take with a grain of salt. At this point I'm taking all insiders with a grain of salt unless they have receipts, or the thing they're saying is very "no shit sherlock".
Check the Twitter history. I'd call those receipts.

signal

Oct 28, 2017

ovsyG7f.png

o0GzGmx.png

3TpeT3p.png

bo2loyO.png

C3uT6jc.png

RS7Ulnk.png

Wjd5Qyo.png

gtjzPgH.png

XmKiB11.png

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
You guys know FF7 on PS4 and FF9 on Android are also remasters, right?

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Here's my prediction: Square Enix have learned how to use neural network upscaling, and will use it to push out new remasters of everything that has prerendered backgrounds.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully. Been far too long since I've played 8 since it's the one that gets left behind a lot. And it has a mood.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Would be nice if they got on that AI neural thing and got a bunch of artists to clean each background up after. I imagine you'd get some amazing results

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see what the caveat for this re-release is.

- Audio bugs (music loop issue, etc.)
- No 360-degree movement with analog sticks
- Subpar visual "remastering" that makes the game look worse than the original release

Pick two.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder what "Remaster" entails.... if we're talking about the FFVII / FFIX style that's cool but even better would be some upscaled backgrounds. That ERSGAN / machine learning thread had some crazy results just from fans, I'd love to see it be adopted by an actual developer for remastering.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this would entail a new translation. Wasn't the one on the original release inaccurate in a number of ways? Might be remembering another.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Given the bottom-of-the-barrel voice acting in the FFVII trailer, I absolutely cannot imagine the hilarity of FFVIII voice acted.

Brando

Oct 25, 2017
They need to make sure to include the music looping bug to ensure all three ports on the PS4 match /s

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious why it's being called a remaster. It's just going to be an enhanced port in all likelihood, right? (Like VII and IX(

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Why would anyone die of excitement from a port of FF8 with a gil and exp cheat added

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people even being skeptical of such an easy announcement?

Like it makes perfect sense

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Was there ever a reason given for why this wasn't remastered sooner? It always seemed weird that this was absent from Square's last big remaster push a year ago.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Look y'all if they port it to the PS4 (finally) Imma buy that shit. I was looking into replaying it anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.