• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
About a month ago, GoNintendo reported the first hint for a physical release of the Final Fantasy VIII Remastered. This morning I was browsing Base.com and I found out that pre-orders of the game are live for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Switch.

Ok, 50 Euros seems too much for a remaster, but Base not only is a reliable site but they use the same pre-order policy of Amazon.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
there is also the rumor of an added voiceover in en and jp. you can see it in the sourcecode of the site.
maybe that's why it will cost more?

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I would gladly pay 40€ for a physical edition (with extra stuff like an artbook or something) if the remaster is truly voiced like rumored.

OP
OP
manustany

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
I would pay 50€ for a Remastered collection (7/8/9), not for a single game. But yeah, I suppose that price may drop before the release. You can pre-order the game and pay the lowest price before launch just like Amazon.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
This version will still have the "draw" system and weird leveling of the original games, right? I never got used to it.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Figured with the extra work they were putting into this that it'd be treated more like the FFXII remaster and less like the digital only cheaper releases.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
That's a steep price point, even if they are doing a lot with the remaster.
Maybe physical is some limited collector's run?

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
that's great! most aaa games are 59.99 these days.

it was more like a AAAA game at the time

over time, it lowered to a AA game

the remaster turns it back into a AAA game

thus, 50 is a bargain

Era claims to like science, like I've seen people go off on flat earthers, and this is straight up science

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Square Enix pricing as usual if true lol.

Would be cool to see a physical edition if its got some interesting extras! Hope its true.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
While I wouldn't put it past Square Enix to ask 50$ for a physical edition of a remaster like this, I'd perhaps wait for an official announcement before getting too outraged. It can be the price is just a placeholder (to be somewhat safe, Base put a high price that they can lower if/when the price is announced) or they could offer some extras with the physical edition (i.e. artbook, mini-OST CD etc.) that makes the high price more reasonable.

Jun 11, 2019
Makes me wonder to what extent they're updating the game...?

Maybe they're doing something with the Draw system or whatever? I dunno.

Deleted member 26293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Most likely a placeholder, but if there will indeed be a physical release i 100% expect this to hit the 39,99 price tag.

Deleted member 28962

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hopefully it's a Deluxe Edition with an artbook like the one FFVII Remake is getting; if so I'll definitely get one.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Sure why not i'll buy it for PS4. First I'm hearing about voice characters.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Lol at that price. $50 for a remaster of an over 20 year old game.

What a time to be alive

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Wait remastered? As in having the Remako mod made official? If so it should be a patch and not a new game.