• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If this ends up being true, Wednesday is gonna be absolutely insane.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Watch it being a case of miscommunication and it being World of Final Fantasy 2 instead.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Tbh this is mostly a summary of rumours and comments originating either from Twitter or this forum, but I won't complain about having a thread for this :p

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Remember: With Avengers out, SE has basically cleared the deck of all their major announced upcoming projects.

They're going to have to announce something soon. A lot of smart, reliable people thought we would see FFXVI at the last PS5 event. It seems it might have been pulled.

Japanese publishers have a huge vested interest in getting consumers to upgrade to the new hardware as soon as possible, so the install base is ready when their games do come out. This is why SE announced FFXIII before the PS3 came out, and FFXV before the PS4 came out.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I'm happy to board a hype train for mainline Final Fantasy after how good VII Remake turned out.

(Although yes, XII, XIII and XV all turned out to be disappointing in one way or the other).

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh this is mostly a summary of rumours and comments originating either from Twitter or this forum, but I won't complain about having a thread for this :p
Yeah seems to just be summarizing stuff.

If this was to bait out more reputable people speaking about it then thank you OP.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Please don't have an MMO style combat system a-la FF12/Xenoblade :(

We're never going to have another turn-based FF again, are we

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
final-fantasy-xvi-leak.png

God I hope this is true.

Isn't there a high resolution file of this somewhere? I didn an image search, but couldn't find anything really higher than this.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
It being developed by the FFXIV team makes me incredibly excited for this. I'm really hoping for a mainline Final Fantasy that goes to a complete medieval setting. Sword and scorcery, no crazy technology please.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I would feel more hyped if I knew who was handling it. Like, Nomura isn't involved, is he? I remember there being some rumors that Yoshida could be directing this one? I hear did great things with FFXIV, so I would be interested to see what he would do with this one.

I just want a competent story. XIII and XV have me questioning Square's talent pool in the writing department... t

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I would feel more hyped if I knew who was handling it. Like, Nomura isn't involved, is he? I remember there being some rumors that Yoshida could be directing this one? I hear did great things with FFXIV, so I would be interested to see what he would do with this one.

Rumor is the Heavensward leads are handling it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
final-fantasy-xvi-leak.png

God I hope this is true.

Isn't there a high resolution file of this somewhere? I didn an image search, but couldn't find anything really higher than this.

I still think this was intended to be concept art for FFXIV. That dragon looks like the one in the Heavensward logo and the city on the hill looks a lot like Ishgard.

Status
Not open for further replies.