• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really post rumours but this particular one caught my attention and it has been surfacing around a bit.

According to Pokejungle "These are from some of the same people who knew about Rainbow Rocket". That particular statement spiked my interest in these rumours

Anyways I'm going to quote this article

• The Chinese localization team has already finished translating the games' script
  • There will be no new Mega Evolutions introduced in the new games
  • Z-Moves return and now use motion control to activate using the Joy-Cons
  • Central plot revolves around the conflict between tradition and innovation
  • Region inspiration has been rumored to be Spain or Italy
  • Release to come late 2018 (~December) or early 2019

These details pale in comparison to what has also been said though, and that is the games feature a new, simplified battle system which has been compared to that of the Digimon World games. For those not familiar with them they use a real-time battle style in which moves are still selected via menu and include the option to attack or block moves from your opponent. It has also been compared to the battle system of Pokkén Tournament in which moves are either attacks, blocks or grabs and work in a rock-scissors-paper fashion.

What does Era think of these rumours?

Source: https://pokejungle.net/2017/12/26/rumor-first-alleged-gen-viii-details-surface/

(Additional Info Thanks, Nitpicker_Red)

Her research seems to be basically in this video:
In which she quotes Desdar300 on Bulbagarden forums (post in question) and mentions that he is "the first translator of the Sun/Moon starters leak". She is also involved in asking people around for infos.
So does that mean that "the same people who knew about Rainbow Rocket" might be reffering to the translators and not the leakers themselves?
Since Desdar300 says: "Just to clarify it's a popular rumour going around.", he doesn't attribute it to anyone in particular.

Revelant sources:
https://forums.bulbagarden.net/inde...mours-fakes-leaks.241013/page-16#post-6402180
https://forums.bulbagarden.net/inde...mours-fakes-leaks.241013/page-17#post-6402577
https://forums.bulbagarden.net/inde...mours-fakes-leaks.241013/page-17#post-6402590

If this true then according to sources the new Pokemon Switch should play like this [rumour]

Pokemon Switch has also just popped up at EBgames. https://ebgames.com.au/nintendo-switch-225667-Pokemon-RPG-Working-Title-Switch

Just thought I should share

Last edited:

CQC

Oct 25, 2017
A Spanish themed Pokemon?

Si, por favor.

Edit: Simplified battle system for a battle system that is already simple, and plays like Pokken?

I don't believe it.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
James-Franco-Drinking-Water-laughing-to-shock.gif

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Shaking up the battle system sounds good, though i do like turn based Pokemon more. Conflict is kinda meta. No more mega evolutions is great, trash feature.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't believe this for a second. When was the last time Pokèmon rumours were real?

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
They won't even make a new Pokémon stadium and I'm supposed to believe they Pokken all 800 or whatever Pokémon?

Deleted member 6436

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't see them changing the battle system either. Especially when there's official Nintendo-sanctioned tournaments and such.

Everything else sounds plausible.

KB

Oct 25, 2017
The Z-moves joycon motion control thing sounds like complete bs, would completely clash with the portable nature of the series.

Bulbul

Nov 20, 2017
The battle system changing is impossible, this will never happen.

The rest is fine though.

gcncontroller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FL
i literally cannot forsee a game in which they completely overhaul the battle system, switch or not. i can, however, believe the joycon z-move activation thing LOL

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're not changing the battle system. That turn based system is a staple and is what makes Pokémon. Then using joy cons to activate a z move?

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
Hell no. Them changing the battle system to anything resembling Digimon World's would be an absolute no buy for me. Sincerely hope this is a load of BS

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The change to the battle system is an immediate and massive red flag. What would be the point of that? The most successful and accessible for all ages of all games the last 2 decades not selling to enough people?

Everything else is plausible and even interesting but the battle system will not change anytime soon for a mainline game.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
The game is a year off but they've already finished localizing the script? I call bullshit on that.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt they'll change the battle system.

But I do like Spain and Italy. Would perfer Mexico but that's me being Bias.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I call bullshit on the rock-paper-scissors approach (Gamefreak wouldn't just 'break' all of the mainstream games' history like that), please god no on the Z-moves requiring motion control, and am completely in the dark on how they'd make a 'antagonist story' with tradition vs innovation without one side coming off as 'bad'.

So..probably (hopefully) not likely.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope people don't believe this nonsense. Gamefreak isn't going to throw out everything they've built on for 20+ years. Not to mention the battle system was NEVER something they said needed simplification

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they change the battle system? It wouldn't bring in any new fans and would only risk alienating existing ones.

For a company that avoids risks at all costs, this reads as a massive red flag to me.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth Gamefreak staff went to Spain a year or two ago so the next region being based there isn't new news. It's been the speculation for a while.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
  • Z-Moves return and now use motion control to activate using the Joy-Cons
    This is a lame idea

• Region inspiration has been rumored to be Spain or Italy

I hope not, specially Spain.

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like bullshit.

I doubt Game Freak would throw out a combat system that they have refined with over twenty years of entries.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man if they change the battle system I expect the fury to be palpable. It will burn hotter than the surface of the sun

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
These details pale in comparison to what has also been said though, and that is the games feature a new, simplified battle system which has been compared to that of the Digimon World games. For those not familiar with them they use a real-time battle style in which moves are still selected via menu and include the option to attack or block moves from your opponent. It has also been compared to the battle system of Pokkén Tournament in which moves are either attacks, blocks or grabs and work in a rock-scissors-paper fashion.

This sounds bogus.

Nikpls

Oct 25, 2017
There will be literal riots if they change anything about the battle system, but I wouldn't mind them streamlining some elements of it. Just please don't be Digimon World.

Shrike

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering whether there may be some crossed wires going on here, I could see them making a spin off with a real time battle system so perhaps that's where those rumors come from. I don't see it happening in the main series though, but you never know at this point.