• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 23, 2018
This is 100% a fake leak. I know one of the people involved in making it.
Different publications are claiming it's real based on Dragonball FighterZ and Fornite being on the list, but let's be real those were incredibly safe bets.
Regarding 'Killer Queen Black' my friend says she probably thinks a Killer Queen game is coming but "it won't be called Killer Queen Black though, either its a massive coincidence or the devs are playing along".
The leak was created to mess with a specific reddit community, but everyone jumped onto it.

I don't know why people are suddenly forgetting the fact that paper leaks are literally never real.
Even I temporarily believed this leak when Nibel tweeted about it before my friend filled me in. I hope I'm not violating some trust between the two of us, but it's too embarrassing to keep seeing this reported on by people I respect and to see people tweet/make videos about this as if it's credible.
Everyone is so thirsty for a scoop, only now that I'm temporarily "in the know" can I see from a new perspective how stupid we all look.

Sooo what happened? There's a new one now and it's supposedly from the same source as Buffum

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, there is no proof that this is the same guy. I'm impressed that someone made a seemingly accurate replica of the original leaked image (and bothered to change the quantity on both), but I don't buy it.
  • Unlike the original leak, there are no actual new logos (besides the edited FE Awakening logo).
  • No subtitle for Smash is an immediate dead giveaway.
  • The name and logo for 'Fire Emblem Reawakening' is bad. The 'R' in Reawakening is just taken from the main 'FIRE EMBLEM' logo instead of using the same font as the rest of the word. It's pretty clear that it's just an edit of the original Awakening logo.
  • I would be surprised with we see anything out of Steep; that port seems dead.

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, there is no proof that this is the same guy. I'm impressed that someone made a seemingly accurate replica of the original leaked image (and bothered to change the quantity on both), but I don't buy it.
  • Unlike the original leak, there are no actual new logos (besides the edited FE Awakening logo).
  • No subtitle for Smash is an immediate dead giveaway.
  • The name and logo for 'Fire Emblem Reawakening' is bad. The 'R' in Reawakening is just taken from the main 'FIRE EMBLEM' logo instead of using the same font as the rest of the word. It's pretty clear that it's just an edit of the original Awakening logo.
  • I would be surprised with we see anything out of Steep; that port seems dead.

Also, Super Smash Bros. is there with no subtitle. They are not going to call this game the same as the N64 one.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
uep8pmdk9kfl9jefv8qs.gif

You know it's happening

badmoviefan

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Team real. Why would someone go through the effort in making a realistic fake with all previously announced games? Happy to see Steep is still coming to Switch. Hopefully with Nintendo characters. Can't wait to see what Fire Emblem looks like.

Mar 23, 2018
Would Sakurai want a non-game character appearing though?

It's Goku. Why would they say no to having Goku in their roster? Dragon Ball has awesome games that have been released on their platforms previously. If the DBFZ rumor is true, Bandai could be even more interested.

Coming back to Goku. There's like 3-4 characters that would be more known than Goku in Smash's roster: Mario, Pikachu, Donkey Kong and Link(Zelda/The Zelda guy) and Pacman, if he's coming back.

Finally, the trailer where Mario is fighting some character and then Goku appears to fight Mario would be cool as fuck. One of those things you remember for years haha. It would surely become a trending video.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's Dragon Ball Z man.
He actually mocked western people asking for Goku once.

It's Goku. Why would they say no to having Goku in their roster? Dragon Ball has awesome games that have been released on their platforms previously. If the DBFZ rumor is true, Bandai could be even more interested.

Coming back to Goku. There's like 3-4 characters that would be more known than Goku in Smash's roster: Mario, Pikachu, Donkey Kong and Link(Zelda/The Zelda guy).

Finally, the trailer where Mario is fighting some character and then Goku appears to fight Mario would be cool as fuck. One of those things you remember for years haha. It would surely become a trending video.
lol no.

OP
OP

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
Team real. Why would someone go through the effort in making a realistic fake with all previously announced games? Happy to see Steep is still coming to Switch. Hopefully with Nintendo characters. Can't wait to see what Fire Emblem looks like.

Uh? That's fake as hell. I really doubt Fire Emblem and Octopath Traveler are getting a demo station

Last edited:

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017

You're new to the rumor world, aren't ya?

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Even if those are real, who cares. It's all previously announced games. The only thing new is a fire emblem title. It would mean there are essential zero new announcements from Nintendo, which is extremely doubtful.

Hero92

Banned
Feb 16, 2018

The fact you had this thought in your mind is the reason this could be totally fake xD.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
mmm we'll see. But Splatoon 2 playable at E3 again?! Why Lol. If it's real they really have these 2018 games and nothing else. Also where is Yoshi
The assumption would be splatoon expansion.

Also, is this supposed to be the booth setup? If Nintendo is featuring smash this year wouldn't it be more elaborate like Zelda and Mario were?

May 5, 2018
Honestly the more I think about this leak potentially being real, the more excited I am to see Killer Queen Black. Never played the arcade game, but reading about it and seeing how its played has me very excited to see what Black looks like. Killer Queen sounds like a strange marriage of Joust and Starcraft and people claim its about as perfect of a multiplayer game as Rocket League. My question is KQB a straight port of the arcade game or does it have any new content to differentiate from the original? Will there be new maps? Are there new classes that the drones could turn into besides Warriors? Will there be a graphical overhaul? If this is real, Killer Queen Bee is by far the most interesting 3rd party game listed on that leaked list.

Overcooked 2 is the second most interesting just because its an unannounced sequel and I want to see how insane this gets to top the original. DBFZ is intriguing just to see how the Switch can handle its top notch graphics.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Can't wait to absolutely hate playing DBFZ with joycons... Because I'm sure as hell going to try, and I'm sure as hell going to ruin my ranking in the process.

Oct 29, 2017
I know every year it's more and more unlikely (especially with the post from Matt a few pages back), but I still hold a candle of hope for Mother 3.

At this point though, it's probably best to remake it, and Mother 1 and 2 (they've already done a soft remake for the GBA a while ago, so it's not out of the question). Do like the Day of The Tentacle Remaster and keep the same artstyle feel, while updating the sprites to be crisper/hand drawn, bundle 'em together, and maybe include original ROMs and some archival pieces.

Hell, Reach out to Tomato who wrote a whole book on Earthbound's references, changed translations, and cultural impact, the way that Capcom has let Frank Cifaldi pull together ephemera from the Mega Man and Street Fighter universes, and have a digital museum.

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
That one is fake. Too slanted and blurry.

And the vertical letters on the left, and the print data on the right are pretty much literally focused on the same spot as the first leak. Why would they take the pic with the exact same real estate as the first one?

Seems like someone is using the first leak as a basis for a fake leak.
Why would someone fake something only with already know things

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
It's fake in my opinion. Just trying to piggy back off the first leak.

Plus I think Pokémon would be group together not split, not like it matters. Still fake even if I'm wrong here.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sushi Strikers is releasing before E3.

Edit: Also no Yoshi's Flipping Island?

What?

I think it's fake, but it wouldn't be the first time there are demo stations for games that are already released. What's more dubious is the idea that they'd put demo stations for a game that almost nobody cares about and that already has a demo.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
wait... Namco is rumored to be working on Smash Switch right? and Namco is the publisher for DBFZ... hmmmmmmmm

they'd have to get the rights from Toriyama/Bird Studio? so probably not, but I definitely wouldn't mind.
They aren't just the publisher of FighterZ, they are one of the owners of the franchise. They own the rights to merchandise and video games.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
The new one seems like a fake based on the original. The font on the left margin is different from the first one.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
By that time, Nintendo had already announced their online plans, including plans for a subscription service to their older games. So that's not so much a tease, as it is Polygon hearing what they wanted to hear.

The main problem with this theory is timing. Nintendo first mentioned their S/NES subscription service before the Switch launched. At that time, the NES Classic had only sold about 1.5 million units and Nintendo hadn't announced plans to make more. There just isn't enough time, nor was the NES Classic THAT successful, to think they'd scrapped early plans over it.

NES Classic was one of the most surprising success stories of 2016, it was arguably *the* hottest Christmas gift to get that holiday and it was clear Nintendo massively underestimated demand and they could've easily sold at least double or triple that number. To that point though arguably it was the hottest holiday product that Nintendo had released probably since the Wii-era really after a few years of wandering the wild.

I definitely think they had meetings and there was probably was a group of suits that was very vocal in saying "hey wait a second, this thing is red hot, we need to milk this and re-examine how we use these old titles".

It's easy to forget now, but at that time (late 2016 before the Switch launched), Nintendo had several fairly lean years and Christmas 2016 was basically supposed to be a write off because Switch was going to launch in March instead. NES Classic was not supposed to be likely in their mind some huge product that sold like hot cakes, when it did, they realized they were on to something.

Oct 25, 2017
At a lower native res absolutely

Bethesda didn't even get doom running at 60.

And that was by reducing the resolution to 540p and turning off a bunch of graphics. AND it didn't hit solid 30 out of the gate.

But yes, you put it at 200p and N64 textures, sure, you can hit 60.

LOL.

Gonna go ahead and say Blizzard might know a little bit more here.