• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Third one but come on the guy went from taking a nice clean picture to suddenly blurried and cock eyed? why?

Also I assumed the first one was the last page as it wasn't filled. Why would each page have like 6 logos on them and then empty white area at the bottom.

Whether the new ones are real or not they are super safe so who knows. Just seems a bit fishy to me

Depe3VlUYAAmFwq.jpg:large

Wait what was the second one?

Also Steep for the Switch is still alive? LOL

EDIT: okay, just saw it, and it looks fake as hell.

Fire Emblem Reawakening, seriously?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The follow-up "leaks" to the first one all look fake.

edit:

They're doing preregistration for Smash so it'll be in a separate area and won't need signs above each station telling you what it is.

Hmm I guess they could be true, but even then I doubt they'll only have 10 playable games, with only 2 being first party. There's no way this list is complete.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
You can honestly forget about FF15 coming really. If Dragon Quest 11, which is a less demanding game, is taking so long to come out, FF15 would take even longer. I don't think Square is going to do it.

Last we heard they were making tests to see if they could port the game. But I think that if the game ever comes out, it will be for a "pro" version of the Switch.

Lol yes, talking about FF14 :P

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Hopefully Paladins being on there means Overwatch is possible.

At first i was like "Overwatch would be perfect for the Switch" but Blizzard / Activision destroyed all my hopes with their "well, we don't feel the need to do it" (which also applies to Call of Duty), so now i'm not that interested considering i'll probably play both Paladins and Fortnite.

If it comes good, if not i don't really care, i wonder how long Overwatch is going to last cause Blizzard is really good at keeping their GaaS alive, but now Fortnite is a much bigger thing, and there is Epic behind this so it is also probably going to last for many years, and under that there will be dozens of battle royale games.

So if it comes 2-3 years from now, the game could be irrelevant already.

OP
OP

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
Bethesda didn't even get doom running at 60.

And that was by reducing the resolution to 540p and turning off a bunch of graphics. AND it didn't hit solid 30 out of the gate.

But yes, you put it at 200p and N64 textures, sure, you can hit 60.

LOL.

Gonna go ahead and say Blizzard might know a little bit more here.

Bullshits. Doom does NOT run at 540p on Switch, especially after the March patch. Also the port was NOT maded internally but by an Indie team lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of the new pages on that leak, wouldn't shock me if Nintendo listed Splatoon 2 assuming everyone knew it meant DLC and calls Smash Switch just super Smash Bros

Honestly, Reawakening is just silly enough for me to believe Nintendo would actual go with that lol

Last edited:

Adder

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
I believe only the DB FighterZ, Overcooked 2 and Fortnite image is legit. The other ones are fake although they are mostly educated guesses.

great to see finally Bandai Namco supoorting the Switch somewhat. Super trilled for FighterZ and Paladins. The rest I do not personally care that much.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
At first i was like "Overwatch would be perfect for the Switch" but Blizzard / Activision destroyed all my hopes with their "well, we don't feel the need to do it" (which also applies to Call of Duty), so now i'm not that interested considering i'll probably play both Paladins and Fortnite.

If it comes good, if not i don't really care, i wonder how long Overwatch is going to last cause Blizzard is really good at keeping their GaaS alive, but now Fortnite is a much bigger thing, and there is Epic behind this so it is also probably going to last for many years, and under that there will be dozens of battle royale games.

So if it comes 2-3 years from now, the game could be irrelevant already.
You also have to consider other factors that may be holding back Overwatch from coming to the Switch.
  • Blizzard's Overwatch team already has to deal with getting updates out to 3 platforms at once. Adding a fourth platform may be more trouble than it's worth.
  • Overwatch is a game that has a metric shit-ton of updates. Hell, the Archives/Retribution update alone was around 20GB on consoles (give or take). I could see this being a potential concern for Blizzard.
  • Even if Overwatch can run on the Switch, we don't know if it'll run optimally (I.E. Not looking almost unrecognizable & running below 60fps).
While yes, we do have rumors that Overwatch was at least planned for the Switch at some point last year, there has to be a reason for why it was scrapped (or at least shelved, if we go by Blizzard's most recent comment regarding a potential Switch port).

Deleted member 21693

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Third one but come on the guy went from taking a nice clean picture to suddenly blurried and cock eyed? why?

Also I assumed the first one was the last page as it wasn't filled. Why would each page have like 6 logos on them and then empty white area at the bottom.

Whether the new ones are real or not they are super safe so who knows. Just seems a bit fishy to me

I would be SHOCKED if Steep was still in development.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Steep not being canceled is anything but safe heheh

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
You also have to consider other factors that may be holding back Overwatch from coming to the Switch.
  • Blizzard's Overwatch team already has to deal with getting updates out to 3 platforms at once. Adding a fourth platform may be more trouble than it's worth.
  • Overwatch is a game that has a metric shit-ton of updates. Hell, the Archives/Retribution update alone was around 20GB on consoles (give or take). I could see this being a potential concern for Blizzard.
  • Even if Overwatch can run on the Switch, we don't know if it'll run optimally (I.E. Not looking almost unrecognizable & running below 60fps).
While yes, we do have rumors that Overwatch was at least planned for the Switch at some point last year, there has to be a reason for why it was scrapped (or at least shelved, if we go by Blizzard's most recent comment regarding a potential Switch port).

No overwatch patch is that big. Every update annoyingly requires double the current space of the whole game to start, but actually only downloads what's missing. The game is currently less than 24GB on consoles. Just FYI.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
No Final Fantasy XIV coming to the Switch leaks out there? :>
I wonder if Square will put the FFVII, VIII, and IX Steam versions on Switch. They are already on PS4 and I believe even mobile. Already played through all these games, but it would be cool to have them on the hardware. Throw FFX and X2 on there while you're at it.

If these ports do happen, it would be the first time a mainline FF game has come to a Nintendo system since VI. COME HOME CLOUD

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We're confident this rumor is accurate. During the E3 scheduling process, we've received embargoed confirmation of other titles on this list. Thus, we're inclined to believe the veracity of this leak. - Destructoid

Did they just break embargo confirming this rumored list?

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
No Final Fantasy XIV coming to the Switch leaks out there? :>

You can honestly forget about FF15 coming really. If Dragon Quest 11, which is a less demanding game, is taking so long to come out, FF15 would take even longer. I don't think Square is going to do it.

Last we heard they were making tests to see if they could port the game. But I think that if the game ever comes out, it will be for a "pro" version of the Switch.

He was talking about 14 the mmo.

Personally I wished CCP reconsidered Eve Online for consoles if the uploading file rules have changed to be more accommodating to their methods.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017

Can't speak on the updates cause i've never bought it, but 1-3

1) They're all doing this, think about Psyonix and how much smaller that company is compared to Blizzard.

2) Can't really speak on this one, but we've already seen big updates from other Switch games, or big file size for digital games (Revelations 2 is like 25 gb)

3) I've seen Overwatch running fine on very mediocre PCs (weaker than the Switch) with an integrated Intel Graphics GPU. That game is really scalable, It became a meme on certain tech channels, because people asked PC gaming for just Overwatch when even cheap laptops are fine for that game.

I don't believe these rumors, Blizzard has always been clear that they didn't even try to port the game, can't even say whether they have the dev kit or not.

But like i said, if they don't want to port the game, i don't really care, great news for Hi-Rez Studios, being earlier with Paladins on Switch will definitely pay off.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
God i so wish that game would be on Switch.

I mean look at this... it reminds me so much of my PS2 FFXI days with the logitech PS2/keyboard controller.

616Pj5tSUeL._SL1000_.jpg

Whoa, is that real??

Instead we'll get Final Fantasy 15...

.....Pocket edition

Having played that on my iPad, I honestly would be very happy if it came out on the Switch so I can play it with proper controllers!

But is it rumored to come on the SW?

I wonder if Square will put the FFVII, VIII, and IX Steam versions on Switch. They are already on PS4 and I believe even mobile. Already played through all these games, but it would be cool to have them on the hardware. Throw FFX and X2 on there while you're at it.

If these ports do happen, it would be the first time a mainline FF game has come to a Nintendo system since VI. COME HOME CLOUD

Right now, unless there are licencing issues, it is sitting money waiting to be spent on those games.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, is that real??
Yes

Probably never gonna happen thanks to the alleged Sony exclusivity

Mar 31, 2018
Having played that on my iPad, I honestly would be very happy if it came out on the Switch so I can play it with proper controllers!

But is it rumored to come on the SW?
Yes, there are plans to port the full-fat version (not the Pocket Edition) of Final Fantasy XV to the Switch. (Source)
MysticDistance (on Twitter) also claims FFXV is in development for the Switch and there might be an announcement about it this year. (Source)

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Not with the Switch's D pad lol (unless you play stick)

Actually the Switch's dpad is the best dpad imo. I love playing 2D platformers with that thing simply because it's super precise since all the buttons are separated. My only problem with it is that the buttons are too far from each other and if the buttons were much closer it would be perfect.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

From absolute ignorance, considering that Overwatch is anyway a game only online. Could not something be done as with Resident Evil VII?

What would it matter not to have it in physical or installed in the console when anyway you can not use it for practically nothing if there is no internet.

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
From absolute ignorance, considering that Overwatch is anyway a game only online. Could not something be done as with Resident Evil VII?

What would it matter not to have it in physical or installed in the console when anyway you can not use it for practically nothing if there is no internet.

That's actually really interesting. I imagine a fast paced competitive shooter would not work well enough with streaming, so overwatch might just not work. But other online only games, like say destiny, could maybe pull it off

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
Overwatch can run on a potato, it's actually impressive how far that game scales down. Honestly GPU wise I think it'd be fine, the Tegra's GPU packs a bit more of a punch that most of Intel's integrated stuff. I don't think they could run it at 1080p docked though.

Sal_S

Oct 30, 2017
Hamilton
Lol the first leak has 6 unannounced games, 2 being completely new.
The other 2 have only announced games, and old logos.