• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
So by the end of the year, we could have :

- Super Smash Bros
- Pokemon
- Diablo III (rumored)
- Fortnite
- GTA V (rumored)

I feel like 2018 will be huge for the Switch!

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
I mean, it will eventually come to the Switch too, right?
That premise should be a given at this point, having the game already on smartphones.
Exclusive things for the non-battle-royale part is not hard to imagine either, so it's probably a guess the "leaker" is betting on, same goes for the local co op for 'Save the World.'

Mcjmetroid

Oct 28, 2017
Limerick, Ireland
I mean, it will eventually come to the Switch too, right?
That premise should be a given at this point, having the game already on smartphones.

I don't see why it wouldn't. I would bet that's the big third party announcement at E3.

Epic has stated before they wanted to bring Fornite to everything
It would run fine on the Switch with a few cutbacks probably to resolution the usual
It already runs on tablets

I think it's a matter of when not if. I'd be shocked if it doesn't make it to Switch by the end of the year.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Not a super big "get" because it's on every other platform... But I would definitely play it more than I do now.
Hoping it's true. It'd be smart of Epic to be the first Battle Royale on Switch.
I disagree, it is big. Yes it's on every other system, but it's also the only portable console it's going to be on (and a lot of people want physical controls for a portable rendition versus the cell phone version). I think people underestimate how much of a selling point is on portable.

It also helps that the game is free to play, so it isn't actually competing against itself on other platforms.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
This group?

Gimme a minute and I'll come up with some leaks that are just as accurate as theirs.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Lame source but I would guess most of this would be true anyways.

Gyro aiming or I might not even download.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Why are we even making threads for "leakers" that have zero credibility to them? It's simple, guys. If there's literally nothing that supports their claims just do not entertain them.

There are also plenty of threads where this can be discussed, if anything. People bringing up random twitter accounts in the Pokémon Rumors thread? Annoying, but ok. But this is just unnecessary and feeds into the current leaker culture.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
We also heard rumors about Overwatch and Hearthstone iirc, E3 is going to be good (and full of 3rd party ports but we're used to it)

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo Life are so bad at checking the legitimacy of sources it's unbelievable. Leaky Panda? Really??? Wow.

Oct 25, 2017
I can see it being the rocket league equivalent announcement.
But I imagine the source doesn't actually have the knowledge and it'll be a lucky guess

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I strongly suspect Iron Galaxy is doing the port. On a recent episode of the Game Informer podcast they had an interview with Adam Boyes (Iron Galaxy CEO), and he sort of slipped it out that they were working on a Fortnite related project. They have done previous port work on the Switch already, so.......

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I really need this for traveling. I really miss Fortnite when I am on the road. My switch really wants to play it!

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite getting ported was inevitable. Especially when it works on phones and Epic want to port it to everything. Though I'd play way more with a portable version. The phone version is fine but the controls hinder it more than anything.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it'll come but at this point I can't help but feel that it's already too late. The game is huge right now and has been for a few months. It's on everything already, the Switch is the only gaming device left behind. It'll come, be quite successful because at the end of the day it's still Fortnite; but the more you wait, the bigger the waste.

It's basically Minecraft all over again.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Buy? It's free to play.

The PVE mode isn't. It was supposed to go F2P sometime in 2018, but since it hasn't I'm starting to wonder if it ever will.

I could see them selling a physical Switch version that has the PVE mode and BR and having the BR F2P be download only (as they'll want to be able to sell MTs to people who don't care about the PVE mode.

I think this could be big for Switch. Fortnight is huge among kids and teens, being able to play on the go with a controller instead of the touch controls of the mobile port could be a big selling point. It's really the only big AAA type multiplat right now that I could see a port moving Switch hardware. Things like GTA and Diablo 3 would be super nice additions to the library for Switch owners, but I don't see that moving hardware. Fortnite in the cafeteria at lunchtime, recess, breaks at work, between college classes etc. could be really big.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Fortnite on Switch is inevitable. That game will be available on Toasters if they had the enough bread power.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite is a given at this point, but I wouldn't trust Leaky Panda/Vandal Leaks at all. They correctly guessed the date of the March Direct (there were only 5 Thursdays in March so it wasn't a terribly hard guess) but got basically everything else wrong.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People are going to get this for Battle Royale, but Save the World is going to be necessary on a portable platform like the Switch (it's arguable that it's the most appropriate platform for Save for World for that reason).

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Would I play it? Probably not. I will stick to playing it on my X and Pro. I might play it a few times to see the exclusive stuff if that is a real thing.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
I hate the mobile version because I prefer some sort of controller, pop out a Pro controller on Switch, you're golden. I'll play this.

I prefer PUBG far more but I'd definitely play Fortnite on the go for the hell of it.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
giphy.gif

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason I think there will be a dedicated Switch Online Direct which will explain the new Online and announce multiplayer focused games like Fortnite and Call of Duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.