• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played the mobile version but I imagine the experience is much worse without a controller. Having the mobile experience and the controller experience together is a good selling point

It is. Maybe the kids who do more mobile gaming are fine with it though, but I don't enjoy it. In any case, playing with regular controls is far superior and I'm sure a fair amount of people interested in Fortnite away from the TV/PC would pick up a Switches for it (along with exclusives etc.). It's definitely a game that could get some fence sitters who won't buy just for/mostly for Nintendo games to jump in if they get a good port out while the game is still the current hotness.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
I had a feeling this was being saved for E3.

Honestly, with how successful the switch is, its surprising that its taken them this long to get it on the system. The switch has a serious lack of F2P games and Fortnite coming first would be a monster success. The fact that they might implement Nintendo related cosmetics is only going to sweeten the pot.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
People are actually getting hyped about Diablo 3 and GTA5? Games are like 5 years old now

Haven't played the game in like 2 years (since my PC is broken), so I'd be really happy to get to play it again (especially since I haven't tried the necromancer yet). Also, there are many people that don't play on PC, so it would be a new games for many of them.

dharmapolice

Oct 25, 2017
I had a feeling this was being saved for E3.

Honestly, with how successful the switch is, its surprising that its taken them this long to get it on the system. The switch has a serious lack of F2P games and Fortnite coming first would be a monster success. The fact that they might implement Nintendo related cosmetics is only going to sweeten the pot.

I'd imagine Nintendo is pushing for an "impact" announcement. Fortnite is the biggest thing in the gaming world right now. If they announce it, say, as a core title alongside their online service during E3 that has a tremendous impact. Nintendo wants to win E3. The more impactful announcements they have, the better.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Ramirez for Smash pls
A Fortnite stage would be really awesome; the Save the World exclusive stuff is really fascinating. The game's story is a lot of fun so I'm hoping there's something equally zany they'd be cooking up for story related things.

And since an amiibo could save your information...that'd be very useful for BR I think too. Bring your saved, customized character to a friend's device or bring it with you for a tournament.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
So by the end of the year, we could have :

- Super Smash Bros
- Pokemon
- Diablo III (rumored)
- Fortnite
- GTA V (rumored)

I feel like 2018 will be huge for the Switch!
You could add COD (rumored), Animal Crossing (rumored) and PUBG (hinted) to that list. I also think the physical release of Minecraft Bedrock will be pretty huge on Switch. The sports trio (FIFA/NBA2K/WWE2K) will probably return and then there's a bunch of smaller known stuff (Fire Emblem, Crash, Yoshi, Octopath, VC4, MM11, etc, etc) with probably a lot more on that level coming. And the constant indie and retro deluge.

People are actually getting hyped about Diablo 3 and GTA5? Games are like 5 years old now
People are excited about them on a handheld. We saw the same thing with Skyrim SE, LA Noire and DOOM, this has sort of always been a thing with legacy catalogues being spruced up for portable devices. GB, GBA and PSP especially thrived off old ports.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm out of the loop, does Switch have Party Chat?

Not system level, no. But there are games with in-game team chat.

Because the big selling point of a Switch version is that you can play it anywhere. But you can already do that on mobile.

...but the PS4 and XB1 versions don't get that benefit, yet they're still seeing huge hardware sales due to this game. Why wouldn't the Switch also get huge hardware sales then? Even if you completely ignore portability.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, yeah, I can see them doing an exclusive physical official release of Save the World/Battle Royale bundle for the Switch, complete with exclusive Nintendo themed gear for both modes.

Oct 27, 2017
It's out on mobile why the hell wouldn't be on switch. Is this really news? I would put it in the no shit is is coming to switch column.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
There is in-game voice chat through the system on Splatoon, and I think some third party games. But no system level chat or party system, yeah.
Is that system level? I assumed it was just a Splatoon 2 feature?

Doesn't Splatoon chat require the phone app?
Playing local matches has voice chat support but the main multiplayer does not.

Not until September.

Yes, that's how party chat will work for every game once the service launches.
There's still some hope that they learned their lesson with Splatoon.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Splatoon chat require the phone app?

Splatoon has voice chat through the system in LAN mode. It doesn't have that option for online mode, which is very stupid, but it at least shows that there's nothing inherent about the Switch that prevents voice chat in-game if a developer wants to put it in.

Is that system level? I assumed it was just a Splatoon 2 feature?

It's not OS level (as far as I know) I just meant it was through the system rather than through a phone.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
Fortnite always seemed like a slam dunk at e3 this year, so I wouldn't necessarily be surprised.

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
This would seem like an obvious next step for Fortnite. It's already on iOS, I assume they can get it running on a switch without too many issues.

I would be all over this if true. Especially if it still has crossplay and I can play with my PC buddies.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, that's how party chat will work for every game once the service launches.
Hopefully that's been reevaluated after the negative response to Splatoon 2's usage.

Negative response already changed Nintendo's plans on their Classics, they went from a single rotating monthly game to multiple permanent additions.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
having Nintendo content only for Save the World seems a bit silly. Wouldn't a Nintendo skin for BR be a pretty smart move?

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
Figured it was coming once they got mobile ports working. What will be interesting is the cross play options. The population they'd have across every platform aside from PS4 would be massive. If Sony caves, this game could end up being one of those games they goes for over a decade. The kind of games normally reserved for PC.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
billioncopies0oq88.gif

Shifty1897

Oct 28, 2017
This is a no brainer, considering how well Switch does UE4. Nintendo could pimp this all day and open up a brand new market segment of gamers to buy the Switch. It's a win-win all around.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
So by the end of the year, we could have :

- Super Smash Bros
- Pokemon
- Diablo III (rumored)
- Fortnite
- GTA V (rumored)

I feel like 2018 will be huge for the Switch!

This is Nintendo, so you need to trim your expectations. That list should look like this:

- Smash with no new characters other than Inklings and some omissions (Cloud and Ryu)
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon gen 7
- Bravely default port
- Mario Golf
- Mario Party 11 (with a car, you're not getting rid of it!)

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I mean iirc didn't someone from Epic express interest in bringing the game to Switch? So I don't think this would be all that surprising but Vandal Leaks isn't really a solid source.

Status
Not open for further replies.