• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
https:///rumor-french-accessory-maker-releases-pictures-of-nintendo-switch-mini/

Looks nice

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
These still looks like mockups to me

And uh

Gamecube/GBA games? lol

GinoFelino

Oct 27, 2017
The two types of renders are vastly different. The top one looks very chunky. The screen would be very small if you compare the size with the face buttons.

Overall though, the big difference between the types of render are enough for me to discount this 'leak' wholesale.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Didn't we see those mockups before?
Also why is there two different ones again?
Ther would be only one design if its real.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in two minds.

It could be legit, because what else would a Switch Mini look like.

But then it might not be legit, because it's so obvious that it could just be the result of someone making a render.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Looks great if true. Perhaps Switch Mini keeps the same screen size but does away with that ugly ass giant noughties style bezel. Which is what those images indicate.

Although I'd prefer a Switch with a bigger screen.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
A real directional cross. That s a good thing.
I wonder about the screen quality, it a usual area of unpleasing surprises in Nintendo regional changes or model iterations.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
all those leaked we had.. if that's the design i'm not super fan. It's basically a wiiu gamepad ? There is no real design it's like.. the default shape it can have lol

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
looks legit guys

D-so0GEW4AEGGvB.jpg

graphic_desing_is_my_passion_by_coltondhoff-dcr9bje.png

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The two types of renders are vastly different. The top one looks very chunky. The screen would be very small if you compare the size with the face buttons.

Overall though, the big difference between the types of render are enough for me to discount this 'leak' wholesale.
You're right. All of the buttons are in different places between the two renders. Weird.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Accessory makers are jumping the gun like crazy for the Switch Mini, and are doing so with fan mockups. Either they don't know jack shit and Nintendo is keeping a tight ship because it will be truly unconventional in design and appearance or they know enough that the fan mockups are really close to the final product and they are saying fuck it lets go with this for now. Either way, I feel a reveal is gonna happen in the next week, too much smoke has appeared.

Jun 18, 2018
Those fan-made images have been floating around for some time now. The retailer's just rearranged them. Here they are in a post from back in February: https://aminoapps.com/c/nintendo-sw...talk-time/WJzW_el0FXu786zN8X6v826PeraKX6nqmM6

The smaller, different coloured switches look to be the same from Feb.

But the lighting on the larger, light blue Switch is different. It also features shoulder buttons the same colour as the main body, whilst the smaller ones feature grey buttons. So the larger one is different.

Oct 26, 2017
It's hilarious how these renders of a genuine looking new system (the light blue one) come bundled with other pictures using old forum photoshops from 2017.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Wait on closer inspection the ones on the left are fan mockups, but the one on the right is close to the silicon case of BigBen. Minimal top and bottom bezels, same button placement and even the large round power button. Shit, is that one an old mockup as well?

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
We've seen pretty much the same form factors from all the supposed leaks so I think that even if it is fake, it will look a lot like the image. Announcement must be coming soon.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't see a future official Switch having a D-pad by default; that's always my go-to "this smells funny"

Of course, that prediction could be wrong, but I suspect Nintendo would be very concerned about UI consistency.

91osKh1.png

It's things like that. It's by no means an insurmountable issue, but it's absolutely the sort of thing Nintendo cares about more than people imagine.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I keep forgetting the joy cons don't have a d pad since I got shell replacements years ago. That alone worth it.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
The home and capture buttons on the coloured ones look nothing like the enlarged Light Blue one for a start