• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's three leaks now, all the same plus other rumours to say it's coming plus it looks exactly how you would expect it to look. I feel pretty sure that the Switch Mini is going to look like that,.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
The two types of renders are vastly different. The top one looks very chunky. The screen would be very small if you compare the size with the face buttons.

Overall though, the big difference between the types of render are enough for me to discount this 'leak' wholesale.
Agreed. The more I look at them the more major differences I see.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see any interest. No docked and no detachable Joycon. I'll have a second switch if a pro is coming. Not this one

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Looks legit. And I'm really surprised that it indeed doesn't have detachable joy cons.

Surprised by this too, wouldn't this mean that every game that mentions detachable joycons in game (that's all of them pretty much) would need to be updated to not/show mention this on the new Switch? Because that's a fuckload of work for developers, unless they already knew of this since Switch launch and all games launched with this ready to go.

John Omaha

Oct 25, 2017
The multicolor render is a fan made mockup I've seen on Reddit months ago.

The blue one may be legit, however.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Was this a troll thread or something?
It has to be.
Those are so obviously fake. In fact, I think those same mock ups were posted on some other site before already, a few weeks ago.

The bezels even change size between pictures.

Nitpicker_Red

Nov 3, 2017
That's three leaks now, all the same plus other rumours to say it's coming plus it looks exactly how you would expect it to look. I feel pretty sure that the Switch Mini is going to look like that,.
That's three leaks if you cherrypick the renders that fit (unseen before and new) in each leak.
Every leak has been a mix of known fakes and new renders for some reason. That's very annoying because it shows the ones that report the leak don't care about separating the two and doing research. Can you really trust such reporters to verify the identity of their sources?

The chinese one had mockup Grey mini from this https://imgur.com/r/nintendoswitch/5alzD mixed with the new "case render"
For reference, here's a previous render from another accessory maker (that also used fan mockups in different images):
960x0.jpg
The Bigben leak has an old render paired with a box with the same old render plus an unknown product inside.
This leak has the mockup Colored mini from https://imgur.com/r/nintendoswitch/5alzD mixed with the unknown blue one on the right
These are mockups. The colored ones on the left are renders we've seen before. The baby blue one looks new though.
kkZRdiq.png
And you could add the unknown blue shell posted page 2
Everything keeps pointing back to to this, whatever it was.
9f510fb30f2442a70dfdcecadf43ad4bd01302e9.jpg

That constant inclusion of known fakes is making the conversation about the leaks difficult, since you have to cherrypick the images to even start the conversation, implanting a bias from the beginning in your discourse.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like mockups to me. I can't wait till Nintendo announces this already so we can stop seeing stuff like this.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's three leaks if you cherrypick the renders that fit (unseen before and new) in each leak.
Every leak has been a mix of known fakes and new renders for some reason. That's very annoying because it shows the ones that report the leak don't care about separating the two and doing research. Can you really trust such reporters to verify the identity of their sources?

The chinese one had Grey mini from this https://imgur.com/r/nintendoswitch/5alzD mixed with the case render

The Bigben leak has an old render paired with a box with the same old render plus an unknown product inside.
This leak has the Colored mini from https://imgur.com/r/nintendoswitch/5alzD plus the unknown blue one on the right

And you could add the unknown blue shell posted page 2

Whilst the renders are probably non-official it seems clear to me that these companies have been given specifications. The renders may differ on a tiny detail here or there but they are all representations of the same thing - a single unit console with rounded edges, thinner bezels and a d-pad. Which is exactly what you would expect. I'd be shocked if the final product doesn't look pretty much exactly the same, give a or take a few millimetres here or there.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Thread title updated to reflect the update in the article.

Mokujin

Oct 31, 2017
I'm going with it being a mock up done from real Nintendo size info, I'm expecting some dual color design much prettier than those bland monocolor mockups.