• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn remaster (seriously)
If you thought The Last of Us Part 1 divided players up on whether or not a game needed a remake, prepare yourselves as it has been revealed to us that PlayStation is now remaking or remastering (details are still unclear) Horizon Zero Dawn, a game that is only five years old and had its sequel released earlier this year.

Our source didn't elaborate whether or not this was a "built from the ground up" style of remake, however we were told that the remake features an improved lighting system (ambient occlusion, and such), overhauled textures. and better animations, with new character models to match those found in the sequel, Horizon Forbidden West.

Horizon MP
As it turns out, the Zero Dawn Remake/Remaster isn't the only Horizon related project that is in the works, as we also learned from other sources (info collaborated with our original source) that a team (presumed to be Guerrilla Games) at PlayStation are currently developing a Horizon online multiplayer game for both the PS5 and PC.

Two sources have verified that the project is in indeed real, with a third giving some brief details that it may feature a form of co-op. Customization is said to around the different tribes established in the Horizon franchise, however, we have not been able to verify either that, nor the details on whether or not the online would feature any sort of co-op, or PvP.

Source: https://mp1st.com/news/report-horiz...r-ps5-horizon-multiplayer-game-in-development

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
mp1st.com

Report: Horizon Zero Dawn Remake/Remaster in the Works for PS5; Horizon Multiplayer Game in Development

Guerrilla is currently developing a Horizon Zero Dawn Remake/Remaster, as well as an online multiplayer game set in the Horizon universe.

If you thought The Last of Us Part 1 divided players up on whether or not a game needed a remake, prepare yourselves as it has been revealed to us that PlayStation is now remaking or remastering (details are still unclear) Horizon Zero Dawn, a game that is only five years old and had its sequel released earlier this year.
Our source didn't elaborate whether or not this was a "built from the ground up" style of remake, however we were told that the remake features an improved lighting system (ambient occlusion, and such), overhauled textures. and better animations, with new character models to match those found in the sequel, Horizon Forbidden West.

Outside of that, we were told there is big focus on bringing the accessibility options that the sequel introduced. Different graphic modes will also be available, though that is a given since most PS5 games have a performance, quality, and uncapped performance to take advantage of VRR (variable refresh rate). For gameplay changes themselves, there are some subtle improvements, mostly those being the quality of life improvements the sequel brought. It wasn't confirmed whether or not we would see flyable mounts, or a glider, though we suppose that is unlikely given to their story related importance in the sequel.

As it turns out, the Zero Dawn Remake/Remaster isn't the only Horizon related project that is in the works, as we also learned from other sources (info collaborated with our original source) that a team (presumed to be Guerrilla Games) at PlayStation are currently developing a Horizon online multiplayer game for both the PS5 and PC.
Two sources have verified that the project is in indeed real, with a third giving some brief details that it may feature a form of co-op. Customization is said to around the different tribes established in the Horizon franchise, however, we have not been able to verify either that, nor the details on whether or not the online would feature any sort of co-op, or PvP.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'd play a killzone or horizon esque multiplayer game set in that universe, not interested in playing the first game again though, already got sick of the combat during my first playthrough and that translated right into FW

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I hope the word on a remaster isn't true because it's just a waste of resources it absolutely does not need it

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
"If you thought The Last of Us Part 1 divided players up on whether or not a game needed a remake, prepare yourselves as it has been revealed to us that PlayStation is now remaking or remastering (details are still unclear)"

A remaster shouldn't be controversial.

Jun 22, 2021
Co-op sounds cool, don't have any friends tho, so probably won't play it.

We don't need a remake, pls stop Sony.

Anyway, where's GoW 2018 remake?

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't hate but Sony, there are a shit load of games stuck on PS3!? WYD
INFAMOUS? RESISTANCE? KILLZONE? SLY? PLAYSTATION HOME!?

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Yeah I don't buy that for a second. A full on remake of a 5 year old game? A native PS5 port would make some sense, but outside of that...

Last edited:

joshcam19

Nov 11, 2017
Horizon is a perfect world for a Monster Hunter style MP game. I hope that's kind of the idea. Maybe fully open world with a more cinematic story than MH but that would be awesome.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's no way this is a full on remake where they redo all the assets. More like a remaster I'd guess.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully just a native PS5 version of ZD, just to give it Dual Sense features etc.
Anything more is just so... well it should go without saying but this game really doesnt need a remake or even a remaster this soon. Heck, I think the PS5 patch is good enough as is.

Of course this could just be a rumor, so I wont take it seriously, but sadly I can actually see Sony trying this. Good luck getting me to pay 70 bucks for that lol.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
if this is more than just the pc version on console and they expect us to pay for it (on pc) im gonna be pissed.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
At least remaster some of your early PS4 gen games like infamous and resogun instead plzz.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
Why is it fake and what was 1.0? Is MP1ST not reliable? (Genuinely never heard of them)
MP1ST is a legit site as far as i know, they get review codes from every publishers so they seem trustworthy to them.
But i added "Rumor" in the thread title because we have no way to confirm if it's BS.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
Remaster? Sure. Go for it. Price it appropriately. Whatever.

Remake? No. Don't do it.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who doesn't like Horizon, I might be open to this just because it might actually get me to give it a 5th shot.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The remake/remaster is real, it's like The Last of Us Part I (Where you can kinda debate on if it's a Remake or Remaster).

I've seen it.

bye.

Last edited:

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
How about some remasters of PS1 -3 games, like games that would actually profit big from that?

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
This is even more of a waste of time than TLOU part 1. HZD still looks amazing today, particularly on PC.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
A native ps5 remaster update for Zero Dawn makes sense to me. I won't hate but I'm super excited for multiplayer Horizon, I love the world and the diversity of characters in it. Would be fun to play as other characters too.