• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
This is dumb, but idk why people are surprised. Spider-Man came out after Horizon and already got this treatment two years ago. There's no way this is gonna be TLOU-level.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Why are they doing this?
Pushing for that $70 value proposition.
They are doing this just so they can undo the damage they've unleashed on the world with that horrific alien kid Aloy.

That might be a good enough reason.
1*0m8RBT3U5s4cS6Eyf-vOfg.gif

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't mind if they redid the face animations.

The game was gorgeous when in played it on PS4, but the faces in most conversations had a weirdly uncanny, robotic feel to them, where emotions would like click on all of a sudden.

Apparently the snow DLC already improved it a lot, so if they could do a pass over the whole game I'd be happy with that.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
A PS5 remaster of HZD sounds reasonable enough; while it did get a good 60 fps patch for PS5, there were some things, such as proper DualSense support, that they were unable to implement via backwards compatibility, and they've since improved a lot with HFW. I'm hoping The Last of Us Part II, a much more recent game with a 60 fps patch as well, gets a good remaster soon for the same reasons.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Old site, used to focus on pew-pew multiplayer games only. ;)

Also, we broke story of SWBF2 removing microtransactions before: https://mp1st.com/news/star-wars-ba...y-all-gear-to-be-unlocked-through-progression
MP1ST is a legit site as far as i know, they get review codes from every publishers so they seem trustworthy to them.
But i added "Rumor" in the thread title because we have no way to confirm if it's BS.

Thank you! Yes, we get review codes a lot. :) I was also the former EIC of PlayStation LifeStyle, and worked as Managing Editor for PSU, Enthusiast Gaming, etc.
The remake is real, it's like The Last of Us Part I.

I've seen it.

bye.

.... ;)

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
I really hope this is just to train new teams and it's not taking resources from actual new games or sequels

Humam

Oct 25, 2017
I refuse to believe that it's a full on remake, it's most probably (or hopefully) is a Spiderman Remastered type deal.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
At least remaster some of your early PS4 gen games like infamous and resogun instead plzz.
This is Jim Ryan's Sony. They'll keep shoving the same 3 franchises down your throat and remaking the same 5 games until they've released them more than Skyrim. I'm so disappointed in what PlayStation has become in the time since he took over it's astounding. So many amazing franchises left in the dust so they could waste development time and talent on games that already look and play fine on their most current hardware.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
I read the article, calling it a remaster or a remake is a little weird. It just sounds like a PS5 port with higher graphics settings + accessibility options

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Given the TV show coming in a few years a native PS5 game isn't too surprising.

I don't want to call it unnecessary because of the accessibly options, but outside of that? Yeah.

Native_Vel

Jun 5, 2022
A Horizon multiplayer game would rake in coins. The potential for cosmetics would make Sony's monetization team blush.

SaltyDuck

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
I was fine with TLOU Part 1, but this seems a bit excessive considering the game is only 5 years old. In for the multi-player game though, also thought the series would make for a great Monster Hunter like spin off.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
We're going to remake a 5 year old game that absolutely doesn't need and yet Bloodborne just continues to sit there…

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Killzone as an IP must be truly dead if they're going to do HZD over any of their previous games.

FooF

One Winged Slayer
Mar 24, 2020
I mean good luck selling that after you gave everyone the game for free during the pandemic. What an insane waste of time and resources. Multiplayer sounds cool tho

Also this should release some time next to Zelda tears of the kingdom right??

Antoo

May 1, 2019
outside of the lip sync being atrocious this game holds up pretty across the board.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Thought it would be TLOU2 (like a DC version) but I guess it's this...

This is the most interesting part though:

currently developing a Horizon online multiplayer game for both the PS5 and PC

I assumed GAAS would be day 1 on PC, because it just makes sense to reach a larger userbase if you want to monetize the game.

Hope it's announced soon.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Finally, I don't even know how anyone can even bear to look at the original Horizon nowadays. I'm more waiting for the Rift Apart remake.

Toad King

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Listen, there needs to be another Horizon game released alongside the new highly anticipated open-world game. It's just tradition.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
That sounds stupid, but that's what we said with the TLOU remake rumors, so who knows?

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
Wow I was going to start a playthrough of HZD but might as well wait for the $80 remaster. Bring it on.

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
This one is just baffling. Game already looks great and plays at 60fps on PS5 after the "enhancement" patch it got.

If it's a "Directors Cut" style re-release, to go alongside the netflix show?, that is a bit more "low-key" than say TLOU Part 1 then sure I guess. But a full on remake? Dig deeper into the PS2/3 Sony.