• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't that guy joking?

Just after saying that he said "that means we will get two things: full trainer customization and Pikachu talking like a human", then he bursts out laughing.

Oct 25, 2017
I have always said that more customization is where the pokemon series should go. Even costumes/Seals would be a great idea.

I also want contests to return.

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
BOTW/Odyssey didn't just happen. Nintendo had R&D teams prototyping ideas and then had the main teams experiment with that. For GF to do anything as drastic would be quite a feat - and to have that feat accomplished by next year?

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How disruptive would it be if Pokemon battles were changed to "real-time", and just like in the anime, you could command your Pokemon to dodge attacks, block attacks with their own attacks,etc.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But that would means that is not coming on 2018 and I doubt Nintendo will allow that

Linkhero1

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
What are the odds of another dev working hand in hand with Game Freak to deliver the next Pokemon game? They have 100+ employees but a good chunk of them have been working on Ultra Sun/Moon for the past year.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It means it's going back to it's roots. So all gen 1 baby and ash is back!

Think about it. Mario went back to 64 formula and Zelda went back to its nes origins.

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
I think he was joking in the context of the statement. It would be odd to publicly, rather than anonymously, reveal rumors like that. It seems like it would hurt the trust between him and the leaker.

LemonLime

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised. Didn't game informer ask them about this in an interview a few months ago?

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
BOTW/Odyssey didn't just happen. Nintendo had R&D teams prototyping ideas and then had the main teams experiment with that. For GF to do anything as drastic would be quite a feat - and to have that feat accomplished by next year?

Maybe this rumor is for something pretty far, like a gen 9, and they're thinking about it now.

Gen 8 could be a necessary step to experiment with the tech a bit.

Peace

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
France
It isn't happening so you can stop being excited.

Seriously do you even understand anything about the main series Pokémon game to know why it won't be turned into an action RPG?

You seem really sure of yourself, do you work at Nintendo ? What makes you so sure Pokemon on Switch will be a mainline title and not a spin-off ? Your wish =/= the reality.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it. They have no reason to.

If this happens, it's going to be a spinoff and not handled by Gamefreak.

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played a mainline Pokemon game for more than an hour. They bore me.

But if they want to go all BotW/Monster Hunter World with it, I'll definitely give that game a shot.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
How disruptive would it be if Pokemon battles were changed to "real-time", and just like in the anime, you could command your Pokemon to dodge attacks, block attacks with their own attacks,etc.
Pokken already exists

Doing that for 800+ Pokemon would take too many resources. Any shake up of the series is going to work within the confines of the 3D models they made for XY

baberunisei

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't that guy joking?

Just after saying that he said "that means we will get two things: full trainer customization and Pikachu talking like a human", then he bursts out laughing.

I'm 100% he wasn't joking when he talked about what gamefreak is planning. Just the Pikachu part was a joke. And a very good one.

Man, I love Easy Allies so much

Halabane

Nov 10, 2017
Disruptive: Three versions, DLC, MTX, Season Passes, Always Online.

Pokemon finally catching up with the latest tendencies.

You forgot 'loot boxes'. Lots of P2W loot boxes.

With Game Freak's level of technical competence?

This won't look or preform very well, at all.

Hey they did Temp the elephant (and he was bad ass), Giga Wrecker and Yoshi...more than ready to handle an open world Zelda like Poke game. :)

"Disruptive" is pretty vague. I doubt it'll be open world and thank goodness for that.

and thats probably it. Probably more online esports, more tie ins to maybe a cell phone app, etc unless they are going to not launch something for quite a long time it can't be that major a change. The fan base likes the continuity in game play why mess with a money maker?

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, this would be interesting. Given how incredible both BotW and Odyssey were I'd say I'd be excited to see a 'radical revamp' of the Pokemon games. They seemed like they were moving towards revising things anyhow with the killing off of gyms and HMs in Sun & Moon.

Also RIP any chance of this being a 2018 game if he's right.
I honestly hope they don't shit it out in 2018 either way. That'd be less than two years between Gens, and the last time Game Freak was rushed we got X & Y (which, while still solid titles, are easily the worst in the series). Give 'em time, I say.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OMG YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

I wanna enter a forest when I'm not supposed to with my starter level 10 and then face a Ursaring level 50.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

larrybud

Oct 25, 2017
if the stars align, they could make something shatteringly good.

release in summer 2019, rule the year.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Rather than scale, I'd like to see a bit of a shake up in combat.

Like change the number of attacks a pokemon can learn. Make a set hard mode. Speed up animations. Give more customization for battles.

And make the performance solid. Doubles should not halve the framerate.

Peace

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
France
Worth noting, did they say if it's Monolith's main studio, or their support studio in Kyoto? The latter helps out with a lot of Nintendo games (e.g. they did for Skyward Sword). Either way though, I have a feeling Nintendo want to have all hands on deck to get Pokemon out on Switch ASAP.

I don't know, I heard the rumours came from 2chan, but I didn't read it myself so it could be bs. I had hope someone here would have heard about it and give us more precisions.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Isn't a BOTW style Pokemon game exactly what Masuda said Game Freak isn't going to do for the first game(s) on the Switch?

Actually, yeah, that's what he said.

https://gamerant.com/pokemon-switch-zelda-breath-wild/

"If we could find a way to make that kind of setting work with that gameplay and giving players a fun reason to go out and capture Pokemon, then there's always a possibility. Well that maybe is something that the fans want, but from my perspective the Zelda type of game is more suited to having a sword and going out and fighting enemies. Not sure it'd be best suited for going out and catching Pokemon."

Dante&Vergil

Oct 25, 2017
They need to try Pokémon as an arpg. An open world with 150 unique Pokémon with no turn based combat would change the game

Owari

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is exactly why we won't see Pokémon Switch until 2019 at the earliest. It's exactly what's needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.