• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh look another rumor thread! Only this time it's not from reddit.

On the recent podcast of Easy Allies, Damiani said that he heard from trusted sources that due to the success of Breath of the Wild and positive reaction to Odyssey that Gamefreak might being doing something "disruptive" like those two.

I dunno how to embed the actual time it takes place, but it starts at 55:45

SephLuis

Oct 25, 2017
Disruptive: Three versions, DLC, MTX, Season Passes, Always Online.

Pokemon finally catching up with the latest tendencies.

kaytra

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm... what if they made an action rpg pokemon game? I would honestly be very excited if done right.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
With Game Freak's level of technical competence?

This won't look or preform very well, at all.

Belmont

Oct 27, 2017
I've never played a Pokemon game before (my little brother and sister played and watched the cartoons), but I always wondered why there weren't any 3D open world RPGs on the main systems. It seemed like a natural fit.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I would love it if the first Pokemon Switch game just had every region available so far in full 3D.

They wouldn't even need to add new pokemon that way.

Blackquill

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao they can't even release a proper game on 3ds i really doubt they will do something amazing on Switch and it hurts me to say that

Dunban

Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't make much sense logistically.

I mean, in response to BotW's success? Assuming a late-2018 target, it doesn't sound particularly feasible for a small developer like Game Freak to flip the 'highly disruptive' switch and produce something revolutionary in a year and a half.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't think they're just going to do a sequel to handheld game for their console premier. Go crazy game freak.

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
I'm taking Pokemon rumours with a grain of salt after how sure so many credible sites were of Stars, but I hope that's the case. Dunno how quick they can get something like that out after Sun and Moon though...

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Yes and no.
Yes in the sense that it's drastically different from anything before it.
No in the sense that aside from 3D World and Galaxy 2, every 3D Mario is drastically different from anything before it.

Oh okay. Saw a lot of M64 comparisons and it came across as something similar enough (to me, though I've not played either) so didn't think it would be viewed as that different.

Oct 25, 2017
You can't suddenly decide to do something disruptive and release it in like 2 years.
The wording sounds like they started changing the game after Zelda released and Mario was well received at e3

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Hmm... what if they made an action rpg pokemon game? I would honestly be very excited if done right.
Unless Game Freak is willing to throw the entire competitive scene under the bus, don't count on turn-based combat going away. It'd be like turning Street Fighter into Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.