• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
20200728_163536.jpg

Found at a store, posted by Beagle on the PlayStation OT.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
This is Kaz's team we're talking about. December is a pipe dream.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Would be weird as Sony definitly would've have said Holidays for it as well then. I assume this is a placeholder ala 31. December 2020.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Could see an unfinished "Prologue" release that eventually patches out into the full game as sort of a fusion of modern early access and past GT paid demo scheme.

I still believe more than likely not the case and the retailer taking an announcement with no date as an indicator of launch-window release.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Launch barebones, and upgrade and update throughout the generation... but I dont see 1.0 game in Dec

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
This is Kaz's team we're talking about. December is a pipe dream.
Considering how the game is essentially Gran Turismo Sport with a campaign tacked on, that PD's Raytracing Tech was shown off two years ago, and that PD finally started outsourcing stuff, a 3 year gap is not that crazy.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Definitely feels like a launch window title if we were shown gameplay already, don't see it releasing this year though :/

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Come on.. lol.

Gran Turismo is one of my all-time favorite game franchises, but I have no illusions about how quickly they can spit out a game.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Here we go again with the memes that GT takes forever to come out...

It's possivel, using the base from Sport then 3 years is well within their timeline.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Lol here we go, people coming in with the rhetoric that GT games take forever to make when it was just GT5 that took longer than usual.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Heavily doubt, but oh my god I hope so.

December 23, 2020 would be a fantastic date to release.

AllBizness

Banned
Mar 22, 2020
It appears Sony is at least aiming to release GT7 as close to launch as possible. GT3 released within 6 months of PS2 launch and went on to sell over 15 million.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Not to comment on the legitimity of the rumour but I could totally see GT7 released in "early access" of sorts since GT in general has become more and more service like with long period of support.

As long as they can get the single player ready and serviceable amount of regular content they could release it but who knows. It IS one of like 2 PS5 exclusive games we have seen a gameplay demo of.

davygee

Jun 13, 2020
Doubt it will be releasing this year but most likely 2021. But that being said, I don't see why PD couldn't release a Prologue similar to when they did this on PS3. A cut down version that makes this year at a budget price with the full fat next year?

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Some of y'all need to get over Gran Turismo 5. It was the exception not the rule. 3-4 years has been the standard throughout the series' life.

Now to be clear, I'm not expecting GT7 in 2020 either.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we will have to wait several years for it like we're used to. They have most likely been working/porting GT:S engine, adding new features for some time, so a release date might not be that far off. They also showed us some of it, including menus and gameplay and it looked polished.

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
I'd highly doubt the box art has even been produced yet this far ahead of the supposed release, this reaks of fakeness.