• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I'm not sure how trusted The Know is, but they are part of Rooster Teeth. They say they got info from a source remaining anonymous about some early information regarding GTA VI.

It's codenamed "Project Americas" and is set in Miami (or a Miami stand-in like Vice City) and South America, and you can go back and forth between the two land masses. No details on time period.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Vice City and... Brazil? Cuba?
The Know was the source that leaked Dark Souls 3 ahead of its reveal. Hmmm.
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
'Silent Hills may not be canceled after all.

Here's the news direct from our source:
- Microsoft is in talks with Konami to buy Silent Hills as an exclusive for the Xbox One
- If the deal goes through, Microsoft will announce this at E3 2015
- The game will then release in March 2016
- The dollar amount for the sale is in the billions"'

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
"Release window is within the next 3 to 4 years."

So then that means we probably won't see any official info for 2 to 3 years.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This sounds like it could be some kind of drug cartel involved and you travel back and forth. Must admit that I like the sound of this. Hope it's true.

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just Florida in general would be fun to visit in the GTA universe (instead of just southern Florida like Vice City). The swamps, amusement parks, old people, "Florida Man", etc. Florida is already GTA irl.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017

- Microsoft is in talks with Konami to buy Silent Hills as an exclusive for the Xbox One
Billions! What the fuck? Like that is obvious give away.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Aren't these the guys that said Microsoft was buying Silent Hills for billions lol

EDIT:

How can anyone even say this with a straight face.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering GTA 5 still sells millions of copies, when are folks expecting this to release? 2021, 2022?

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
That would be really cool, or being chased around parts of the Florida swamps with crocs.

Seeing Tommy Vercetti as an old crime boss would get the nostalgia pumping but probably not what they would do.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
now I am no doubter for revisiting 80's Miami, but I'd assume it would be more of a southern Florida collage with maybe a small map for missions for cuba, etc. And more importantly, how much can you sell all the excessive mansions for in the MP mode so kids will spend hundreds for the slightest morsel of cred

Jacobson

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Isn't it possible that the deal just didn't go through?

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not really excited for Miami even though Vice City is my favorite GTA. I wish they'd go for Texas or New Mexico.

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it possible that the deal just didn't go through?
Maybe you missed the bolded. No inactive IP or an IP with the sales performance of Silent Hill is worth billions of dollars. The fact that they thought the info was believable enough to even make a youtube video for shows either 2 things:
1) their standards/perception of what is legitimate info is heavily flawed
2) they just post whatever little rumor they hear, regardless of how believable it may be or how much evidence they actually have, because they want the clicks.

Either way, it should make you think twice to take a leak/rumor from them seriously.

Coconico

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
ehh, Cuba? But thats not part of Miami nor is southamerica.
Definitely, as a southamerican, I love the idea. Theres so many incredible places: Buenos Aires, San Pablo, Rio, to name a few.

Take it from someone who's lived in Miami all their life, most of Miami might as well be North Cuba from a cultural standpoint. lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.