• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
GTA6 has been in pre-production since 2012 guys, Rockstar tend to have multiple projects on back burner until they go live, one of these was a new IP due out after RDR2 (back when it was aiming for a 2016 release).

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
I can confirm FIFA 20 and another Call of Duty. ;-)

The interesting question is if GTA 6 will be released for the current generation and next generation of consoles or only for the next generation consoles.

It should take place in Vice City. Maybe it will be released 20 years after GTA Vice City in 2022.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
GTA VI is just about the last title I want from Rockstar right now even though it's an inevitability. After GTA V and RDR2, it'd be nice to have them return to the franchises that really need some love like Bully or Manhunt.

Actually, scratch that, I don't want to play a Bully game where I need to get to the cafeteria on time to eat a balanced meal to keep my health core filled. Maybe just let those sleeping dogs lie.

xeroyear

Nov 8, 2018
We all know it's coming but will it arrive before or after next gen, that's what I want to know.

Oct 27, 2017
Come on GTA VIce City! A new ip would have been great, but I'll be more than happy for a return to Vice City. Also they could easily be doing Bully 2 with a relatively small team. It doesn't need to be anywhere near as big a project as a GTA or an RDR.

2022 or 23 release.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll know that even though RDR2 was taking up most of the manpower, people at Rockstar have been working on GTA6 + other stuff since for years and years right?

Literally everyone over there hasnt been working on RDR2 this whole time.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
This is good news because I thought they were actually making Bully as the next game and I don't give two shits about Bully. Looks like they are working on both so that's good.

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
Lots of people saying Vice City.. hope you guys are right bnever played a GTA and I'd love for vice city to be my first. Plus its so perfect! With the GTA VI, you can mix thee VI and "Vice" like in that fan-made logo. just wannaaa see it hapeen

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
If I remember correctly GTAIV had an epic leak. Someone stumbled across a van, presumably people doing research of city locations for mapping in game, and they had the game logo etc on documents inside when the guy took a peek through the window.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
I would love Bully 2 but I'd also love GTA returning to Vice City. But what I really want is for it to take place in 1989, just for the music. I hated the radio stations in 4 and 5.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Seems like it is. Casting have apparently started.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/bully-2-casting-call

https://rockstarintel.com/casting-calls-for-bully-2-may-have-been-released-2

Going back to Miami I see... :P
MV5BYmIwZGExODItMDE5NC00ODA4LWE0N2YtMGY0MjZjNWFiZmZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

So we went from:
GTA 3 = Liberty City
GTA Vice City = Vice City
GTA San Andreas = Los Santos/San Andreas
GTA IV = Liberty City
GTA V = Los Santos/San Andreas
GTA VI = ?

It would make sense for Rockstar to revisit the Miami settings with GTA VI, unless they want to try something different and do a major European-like city.
Oh wow! That would be sooo cool! I've been wanting a sequel for Bully ever since I played the original all the way back in Christmas 2006!

Also, 4K Miami would be pretty cool as a setting for the next GTA too.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Rockstar Leeds was hiring all sorts of creative roles associated with terrain and stuff recently, so they're pumping something out.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
GTAV is great, to be clear, but frankly disappointing in a lot of ways with a distinct "been here done that" feeling. It's still the same Grand Theft Auto, just a lot shinier.

RDR2, on the other hand, is a revelation. It feels ambitious and innovative, like it pushes the genre forward. GTAV felt like a culmination of their old formula, while RDR2 feels like embarking on a new design philosophy.

I'd like to see them stray away from GTA and continue to explore what they started in RDR2.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
GTAV is great, to be clear, but frankly disappointing in a lot of ways with a distinct "been here done that" feeling. It's still the same Grand Theft Auto, just a lot shinier.

RDR2, on the other hand, is a revelation. It feels ambitious and innovative, like it pushes the genre forward. GTAV felt like a culmination of their old formula, while RDR2 feels like embarking on a new design philosophy.

I'd like to see them stray away from GTA and continue to explore what they started in RDR2.
This. ^^^^

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
what im wondering is if they'll ever make a new ip at this point. or revisit one of their older ones
There was a new IP planned to be released between RDR2 and GTA Next, it was known internally as Project Medieval. Though apart from the outline design and some pre-production not more is known about it especially since the whole fallout at Rockstar North in 2014.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
There was a new IP planned to be released between RDR2 and GTA Next, it was known internally as Project Medieval. Though apart from the outline design and some pre-production not more is known about it especially since the whole fallout at Rockstar North in 2014.
so is Bully 2 next or GTA 6

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
GTA6 has been in pre-production since 2012 guys, Rockstar tend to have multiple projects on back burner until they go live, one of these was a new IP due out after RDR2 (back when it was aiming for a 2016 release).

The game has been in pre-production since 2012 and entered full production in 2015/6.

What makes you say, specifically, that GTA 6 has been in pre-production since 2012 and went into full production in 2015/2016 ?

I mean, why not (for example) pre-production in 2013, and full production in 2016/2017, or any other set of years for each phase of production.

Just curious!

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
GTA6's release window may well be lining it up perfectly for the next gen PS/Xbox launches. Imagine how good that open world is going to look with the PS's SSD tech on top of the increased cpu/gpu speeds.

Oct 27, 2017

Right on.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can confirm FIFA 20 and another Call of Duty. ;-)

The interesting question is if GTA 6 will be released for the current generation and next generation of consoles or only for the next generation consoles.

It should take place in Vice City. Maybe it will be released 20 years after GTA Vice City in 2022.
It would be smart of them to release it on mature platforms at the end of the cycle the same exact way they handled GTAV to maximize the amount they can sell.

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
so is Bully 2 next or GTA 6
I can't answer for certain as I've not been there for years, all I can say is that things were majorly pushed back, entirely possible that Bully II was taken off the shelf again (shelved in 2009 and 2011) and resumed instead as Project Medieval might've been a Leslie Benzies project.

What makes you say, specifically, that GTA 6 has been in pre-production since 2012 and went into full production in 2015/2016 ?
Internal documents with project outlines dating back to early 2013. GTA Next was already in pre-production and a skeleton crew at Rockstar North was also doing pre-production on a new IP.

Also note, Vice City was only ONE of the options considered, they outlined 4 or 5 potential ideas, one including Las Vegas (Las Venturas) in the 1970's and another being a midwest town "dripping with atmosphere" with a lot of interiors and areas to explore.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I can't answer for certain as I've not been there for years, all I can say is that things were majorly pushed back, entirely possible that Bully II was taken off the shelf again (shelved in 2009 and 2011) and resumed instead as Project Medieval might've been a Leslie Benzies project.

Internal documents with project outlines dating back to early 2013. GTA Next was already in pre-production and a skeleton crew at Rockstar North was also doing pre-production on a new IP.

Also note, Vice City was only ONE of the options considered, they outlined 4 or 5 potential ideas, one including Las Vegas (Las Venturas) in the 1970's and another being a midwest town "dripping with atmosphere" with a lot of interiors and areas to explore.
Do you know what the protagonists for Gta next we're going to be? Female protagonist possibly?

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
That's a shame, I wanted to see Bully 2. Business wise GTA 6 obviously makes more sense though.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

A 1970s mobster Las Vegas setting would maybe get me more hyped than Vice City. I really want a Mobster game from R* after RDR2 chapter 4 giving us a taste of what that might be, though preferrably 1920s, but I'd settle for 60s/70s.