• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
This should be labelled as a rumour. Especially from such a high quality establishment like The Leak.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Just assumed this was already happening. It's the perfect fit for the hardware.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Sony is publishing? That's surprising. I really hope its true that its getting a PSVR2 port because Alyx is one of my favorite VR games of all time and is such a cool experience.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
If I am going to believe a leak, it's not going to be one coming from a website called "The Leak"

I'm personally of the thought process that, just like Beat Saber and Meta, Half Life Alyx is Valve's VR killer app and I don't understand why they would put it on PSVR2 when they have their own headset to sell. I'd be more than happy to be wrong though.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Played through it on my Quest 1 tethered to my PC… the game was amazing. Seriously one of the standout moments of gaming for it.

Cannot wait to play it on a higher end and much more comfortable headset!

Oct 25, 2017
pretty-please-begging.gif

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Regardless of the validity of this site, Valve has always been pretty open to working with console makers in various forms. So it's not necessarily a stretch to think it could happen. With that said, it would 100% be a "We'll pay you for it and do all the work to get it ported". It definitely won't happen if Valve has to do anything more than some oversight.

Since considering the age of Alyx now, it wouldn't really be a stretch to say that a port will reach the people not willing to dive into PC.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
What is the track record of this website?
They have a bunch of placeholder Lorum Ipsom pages, articles only going back to August and from a quick run through of several articles don't appear to have broken any stories themselves. Apart from this one.

Absolutely needs a huge RUMOUR warning in the title and should be taken with a massive pinch of salt until corroborated.

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I am going to believe a leak, it's not going to be one coming from a website called "The Leak"

I'm personally of the thought process that, just like Beat Saber and Meta, Half Life Alyx is Valve's VR killer app and I don't understand why they would put it on PSVR2 when they have their own headset to sell. I'd be more than happy to be wrong though.

Same reason why Sony started selling their games on Steam.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Sony is publishing? That's surprising. I really hope its true that its getting a PSVR2 port because Alyx is one of my favorite VR games of all time and is such a cool experience.

Honestly if this happens I imagine Sony handles the porting and publishing and Valve has very little involvement. Valve has like 350 employees and are focused on a ton of things (Steam Deck, Steam client, Steam OS, Dota, CS, their in development game Citadel and possibly an Alex sequel/expansion) that there's no way they would port the games themselves.

They clearly dont have problems with other companies porting their games since an Nvidia owned studio recently ported the Portal games to Switch.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I have never heard of this site, so I won't put much stock in it, but I hope this is somehow true. More people should play this amazing game.

Given discourse in many HL/"Valve making games" threads, I get the feeling that a lot of people that haven't been able to play it think it's a gimmicky VR tech demo type of thing when in reality it's a full proper Half-Life game in VR, and I think those people will be pleasantly surprised.

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
PSVR2, at least in my opinion, doesn't yet have that "killer app" they need for launch and especially so if they stick to their guns and don't have backwards compatibility with PSVR1 titles outside of select games that get significant patches. This would be a big get for Sony.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I expect a lot of PCVR stuff will like Pavlov, Blade & Sorcery, Boneworks, Bonelab. Now that the PSVR has a control scheme close to PCVR I'd expect it, and I hope you guys get it there's some cool stuff out there.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
This has been a rumor since before this rando site claimed it was.

And I believe it; Valve created an amazing game and I can totally see their devs wanting a chance for it to be exposed to millions more people.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
I expect a lot of PCVR stuff will like Pavlov, Blade & Sorcery, Boneworks, Bonelab. Now that the PSVR has a control scheme close to PCVR I'd expect it, and I hope you guys get it there's some cool stuff out there.

aren't most of these already confirmed for PSVR2...?

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
seems obvious, but considering so many here are betting on this thing being $500, it'd be great to have titles like this at/near launch

Status
Not open for further replies.