• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Ok, I think this may be threadworthy.

coalteastwood just stated that, based on his personal "sources close to Xbox Game Studios":
  • Halo Infinite will open the show with a new glimpse of the Campaign in order to show its graphical improvements over last year + Multiplayer Showcase (which will be the real focus of its presentation);
  • Its graphical improvement will be big compared to last year, but probably won't be enough to elevate it to the "best looking game ever" as some people expect it to be (very subjective comment mostly based on the fact that colt dosn't like the old/new art style, which personally I LOVE compared to the H4/H5 one instead);
  • Halo Infinite Multiplayer will have a new mode similar to an hybrid of Battle Royale + Battlefield Conquest + Halo BTB all at the same time, with the biggest and most dense combat of the series;
  • Halo Infinite will release on September 2021;
  • An Halo Infinite Multiplayer "Demo" (or Public Beta more likely) will be released for everyone at the end of the show!
Here's the time stamped video (3:10):

What do you think?

EDIT:

Since February "Inside Infinite" update, 343i are very insistently inviting everyone to sign-up to "Halo Insider Program" here
I believe that would be the base requirement in order to access the first Public Beta once available, but I'm still not sure if this will also require installing some Insider Dashboard OS or not.

I guess we'll find out very soon anyway ;)

Last edited:

Plum

May 31, 2018
I was 100% expecting November so anything before that is incredible.

Looking forward to the hyper-analaysis of the gameplay from a 1080p/30fps stream to determine whether it's "good-looking" or not (with no regard for art-style, gameplay considerations or technical limitations, of course.)

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
End of the show? Like I'm playing the game in 2 weeks? Holy shit

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
September would be PRIME. Plenty of breathing room between it and BF 6 and COD.

Very eager to finally play this game

shanew21

Nov 7, 2017
I think a graphics sizzle reel is a smart move, specifically if they do before/after comparisons. Easier to see the improvements that way.

That Halo BTB mode sounds incredible

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Sounds good to me!

September makes sense considering the game almost came out last November. Its also when Halo 3 and Halo Reach launched so its a good month.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Looking forward to trying it! The MP reveal will be exciting I'm sure.

Its graphical improvement will be big compared to last year, but probably won't be enough to elevate it to the "best looking game ever" as some people expect it to be (very subjective comment mostly based on the fact tha colt dosn't like the old/new art style, which personally I LOVE compared to the H4/H5 one instead);

Who is expecting this? They're dumb. It's an open world game that needs to maintain performance on base Xbox One.

It looked great for that scenario already when we saw it. Next time we see it it'll be even better.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
tive comment mostly based on the fact tha colt dosn't like the old/new art style, which personally I LOVE compared to the H4/H5 one instead);
  • Halo Infinite Multiplayer will have a new mode similar to an hybrid of Battle Royale + Battlefield Conquest + Halo BTB all at the same time, with the biggest and most dense combat of the series;
  • An Halo Infinite Multiplayer "Demo" (or Public Beta more likely) will be released for everyone at the end of the show

What do you think?
If this is true then except this game to be huge especially with the multiplayer being F2P.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He can't even get the name of Xbox Game Studios right. What a fraud!

I believe him

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds believable enough. I can imagine the open beta drop either opening or closing the presentation.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
I'll have to squeeze it in somewhere between Judgment 2, Tales of Arise and the new Life is Strange.

nofuckinidea

Oct 25, 2017
Being 4k60 with Split screen and big hub worlds, people expect Infinite to be the best looking game ever? Wild.

Friender

Sep 27, 2020
9 days until we find out for sure. I didn't like the sound of the feedback from testers that indicated 'it looks improved, but not the 'mind blowing tip-top visuals we've come to expect from 343' comment.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Didn't expect a release in 2021.
Guess I'll have to read up on Halo 5 story, because I won't get to play it on PC before Infinite...

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
September feels way too soon, in my opinion. Considering what they showed a year ago, and if it's out in September, then it'll go gold in August, which gives it about just over a year to fix the game up from what they showed in E3. That's just me.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't have to be the best looking game ever. Just....better than whatever the heck was showed last time.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
if true, hopefully the beta drops on PC as well! Would be a good idea to test cross play anyways.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I don't know why Xbox insiders/fans post stuff like this. It's most likely not going to be true and then it'll just leave people disappointed.