• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
gamerant.com

Rumor: Harry Potter RPG Release Window Leaked

Even though the game hasn’t been officially announced, one Reddit user believes he has an idea of when the game will be available to play.

"According to u/CorGrahven on Reddit, Warner Bros. is in talks with one of their distribution companies to have subtitles ready for one localization of a Harry Potter game for 2021. The user did not name the country, the distributor company, or the language of the subtitles requested, but he did believe that this information relates to the game that leaked alpha footage was showcasing. Warner Bros. has remained silent on the game."

"Not much is known about the game other than what was available in the leaked footage. From what fans could piece together, the game seems to allow players to create their own Hogwarts character and explore the iconic world with magical items and spells. The game will be set in a world 100 years before the story of Harry Potter and his nemesis Lord Voldemort, which gives players the chance to create their own stories. Along this same line of thinking, the game allegedly will allow players the option to choose whether they will become a good or bad witch or wizard as they learn new spells during their Hogwarts education."

"While fans can't be sure of anything about the game until Warner Bros. confirms it themselves, rumors that the Harry Potter RPG would've been at E3 this year seem to support this Reddit rumor. Hopefully Warner Bros. will confirm this game and give more concrete details about what else fans can expect to see from the game that they've been waiting for."

I should add that people actually found that the user is an actual voice actor for commercials so he's probably not lying.

IOTS

Dec 13, 2019
From the small snippets in potato quality it looked quite good, especially the destruction was on a new level.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
this game releasing anywhere near the Chucklefish witch/wizard school title is a dream come true. I've said it multiple times, but a wizard school create your own character open world game is literally my dream video game. Even if the Harry Potter AAA game is too action oriented and less school sim oriented, I'll have the chucklefish game for that. I'm getting the best of both worlds I'm so happy.

mrjohill

Oct 25, 2017
interesting that this is set before Harry. I kinda want to see what the modern wizarding world looks like. how cell phones and magic interact. What would wizarding twitter be?

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
This could be legit amazing ... but I doubt it. The previous HP games were so bad. Even the iOS game could have just legit ripped off Pokemon Go and been way better, but it isn't

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This could be legit amazing ... but I doubt it. The previous HP games were so bad. Even the iOS game could have just legit ripped off Pokemon Go and been way better, but it isn't
the lows have been so low, there is nowhere to go but up from here. PS1 and PS2 titles were amazing for their time, there's reason to hope they aim to recreate the magic of those.

Oct 28, 2017
So I actually just watched all the Harry Potter films for the first time this month. I have to say I never cared to watch them when they originally came out.

But now that I've seen them, I realize I missed out. They're really good movies.

Cant wait for this game now.

Pagusas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frisco, Tx
So I actually just watched all the Harry Potter films for the first time this month. I have to say I never cared to watch them when they originally came out.

But now that I've seen them, I realize I missed out. They're really good movies.

Cant wait for this game now.

now go read the books and be amazed at how amazing they are. Way more than enough differences to make it worth it.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
2021 definitely seems like a safe bet since it leaked all those years ago and it looked like there was a lot done for it. Really excited to finally get the game revealed, and I'm definitely there day one.

thematic

Oct 31, 2017
100 years before Harry Potter?

then the title should be Hogwarts RPG :P

yeah, sounds fun. I'll play this game

Oct 26, 2017
" I should add that people actually found that the user is an actual voice actor for commercials so he's probably not lying. "

What is this logic?

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
I'm interested for the tech alone. The leaked footage showed excellent lighting, destruction, and character models on a truly next-gen level.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
So excited for this! Creating my own character and exploring Hogwarts kind of game is what I've wanted for ages. Can't believe we waited two decades for this.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
interesting that this is set before Harry. I kinda want to see what the modern wizarding world looks like. how cell phones and magic interact. What would wizarding twitter be?
perfectly fine imho. The wizarding society is so separated from the modern world that there is unlikely to be much of an effect on the looks. If you want to see how modern society and the magical world mix, there's always the Fantastic Beasts movies you just gotta deal with the shitty plot and focus on the universe instead.

It also isn't so far removed that any famous locations will look COMPLETELY different.

gamersmap

May 28, 2020
Yup, this one has been in development a long time. You can tell it was built for the next generation.
Good on Rowling for being super quiet about it too.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, this one has been in development a long time. You can tell it was built for the next generation.
Good on Rowling for being super quiet about it too.
i hope she has minimal involvement. Get her only to give the basics of the universe where it might be in her head, the second she starts saying "and maybe at around this time there's a dark lord VoldeNazidom who attacks the sch" and shut the door on her face.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Honestly, if this played like the HP Zelda clones on Gamecube I grew up with, but better polished and more fun? I'd be glad to preorder it, and that's a thing I never do for a licensed game. Those were super underrated back in the day.

gamersmap

May 28, 2020
i hope she has minimal involvement. Get her only to give the basics of the universe where it might be in her head, the second she starts saying "and maybe at around this time there's a dark lord VoldeNazidom who attacks the sch" and shut the door on her face.
If I remember right, didn't all the scripts need her approval for the films? I know she was on set through the entire first movie every day. Well, according to reports anyhow.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
Not a big HP fan but I always liked the school part in the books I read and the movies so I hope there's some of that.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Nice. Hopefully the Batman game leaks soon lol.

Don't expect any of WB's games to leak any time soon. They heavily tightened up security at their studios. When all the leaks from WB Montreal came out, they did internal investigations and beefed up security. This is probably why Rocksteady's game hasn't leaked yet. Also probably why no one knows what WB's plans are for their announcements.

Also I don't know about you guys, but to me the fact that WB has given this game 5 years of dev time kinda tells me they're taking it seriously. I have faith in Avalanche Software.

Last edited:

nath999

May 7, 2018
Don't expect any of WB's games to leak any time soon. They heavily tightened up security at their studios. When all the leaks from WB Montreal came out, they did internal investigations and beefed up security. This is probably why Rocksteady's game hasn't leaked yet. Also probably why no one knows what WB's plans are for their announcements.

Also I don't know about you guys, but to me the fact that WB has given this game 5 years of dev time kinda tells me they're taking it seriously. I have faith in Avalanche Software.

I wonder if it will be an online game or single player? I feel like a Harry Potter MMO could be pretty sick if done well!

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I wonder if it will be an online game or single player? I feel like a Harry Potter MMO could be pretty sick if done well!

Seems like it's single player focused as I've found 0 mentions of multiplayer, online, etc in their job listings. Since WB's 2 new DC games have multiplayer components, this might be their main single player game.