• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this happens just for game preservation. Wouldn't hurt Sony to put their games on PC once sales have died down.

But than again, if Sony was going to start this, why start with Horizon? Wouldn't The Last of Us be a bigger deal?

It would probably have something to do with the engine and Horizon 2.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Well, if you put it that way, it already sold at its peak and it's not selling more consoles anymore, if it ever did. It's bundled with almost every PS4 now lol

This is my main reasoning behind why it being released on PC wouldn't actually be much of an issue for any potential PS5 remaster. The game has been out almost three years now, and I highly doubt enough were holding out to play it on the off chance that a remaster was going to show up on the next gen console. And even if one does appear on the PS5, how would it be a system seller? Did TLOU Remaster or SoTFS specifically move large quantities of PS4s?

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Anything's possible at this point, I guess. Horizon is old enough to where I could see Sony not caring about it coming to PC, and it allows them to test the waters with one of their big budget, in-house titles on PC. I think they might start doing this more often, actually. Release their in-house games on PC at a way later date so as to get the most out of console sales first.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Given this guy's track record, feel free to remake the thread if a more reliable source can back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.