• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EsqBob

Nov 7, 2017
Normally I would say the image is fake, but now I say "So what?". It's not showing anything new or juicy

Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
It's ugly yet beautiful because at least it's more interesting than these boring modern consoles. I hope they take some risks with how the actual console will look. The last 3 Playstations have been boring looking.

KcebAnier

Oct 29, 2017
God I hope the retail console doesn't look anything like that. I do not want that in my living room. It's seriously off putting enough that I would put off buying it until a revision was released. That is the kind of bad design decision that can only come from a market leader.

Terandle

Oct 27, 2017
It's a wise choice to stick with USB-A on the console to avoid compatibility and adaptor problems. Most cables today are still USB-A.
Hard to go back to USB-A and flipping it around 3 times to get the right orientation once you've seen how damn satisfying USB-C on both ends of the cable is but hey I guess I'll take it on the controller only at least.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The dev kit is definitely real, there's a PS4 and PS4 Pro dev kit also in the image.

I wonder what the finished console will look like, and if they'll incorporate the V.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
I wonder if the Xbox dev kits will be zebra'd again to prevent leaks.

bb36922652.png

Nothing to see here...

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I expect the next PS5 leak to drive people crazy, then official announcement to implode everyone.

Something about PS5 news conjurers strange reactions.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the eventuality of the OT PS5 thread.

Playstation 5 OT | V has come to

Terandle

Oct 27, 2017
But will it charge at USB C speeds? Doesn't having a A at one end limit the power delivery to the standard USB 3.0 rate?
Technically Sony could do some custom power charging thing using USB-A that the port was never designed for, but yeah USB-C and Power Delivery would be a better way of doing fast charging as it would work with other standard USB-C chargers.

Going USB-C to USB-C would also allow transfer speeds of 20 Gbps, USB-A is going to cap that at 10 Gbps for external drives.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a wise choice to stick with USB-A on the console to avoid compatibility and adaptor problems. Most cables today are still USB-A.
usb-c was confirmed in the latest wired article.

The next-gen controller uses a USB Type-C connector for charging (and you can play through the cable as well). Its larger-capacity battery and haptics motors make the new controller a bit heavier than the DualShock 4, but Aoki says it will still come in a bit lighter than the current Xbox controller "with batteries in it."

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Technically Sony could do some custom power charging thing using USB-A that the port was never designed for, but yeah USB-C and Power Delivery would be a better way of doing fast charging as it would work with other standard USB-C chargers.

Going USB-C to USB-C would also allow transfer speeds of 20 Gbps, USB-A is going to cap that at 10 Gbps for external drives.

Also, we don't know what will be on the final console, or even what ports will be on the back.

I think as long as the controller will charge *faster* if we use a C to C cable that should suffice, but best case scenario is we get a faster C port somewhere on the console.

DS4's are (in my experience) picky with chargers so I'm hoping that's rectified with DS5.

Playboi Carti

Jan 1, 2018
Portugal
usb-c was confirmed in the latest wired article.

The next-gen controller uses a USB Type-C connector for charging (and you can play through the cable as well). Its larger-capacity battery and haptics motors make the new controller a bit heavier than the DualShock 4, but Aoki says it will still come in a bit lighter than the current Xbox controller "with batteries in it."
He's referring to the USB ports on the console itself, which are still USB-A

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Scrubbing my head about this: Both the DS5 patent and this leak don't show any single sign or hint or trace of lightbar which are perceptible proofs yet we got this before:

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Scrubbing my head about this: Both the DS5 patent and this leak don't show any single sign or hint or trace of lightbar which are perceptible proofs yet we got this before:

He played the thing back in april maybe the DS5 prototype had a lightbar at that time.