• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Just saw this on Reddit

She was talking to a fan at Star Wars celebration cosplaying as her Battlefront character Iden Versio, to where the cosplayer mentioned that she got her into playing Horizon Zero Dawn. She then replies "It's incredible, wait 'til you see the sequel. You're gonna die - I know some secrets! - you're gonna die."

https://clips.twitch.tv/PuzzledBloodySashimiANELE

Janina voiced the role of Tatai in The Frozen Wilds DLC for the first game

Anyway, Jason Schreier made a comment that Horizon 2 and God Of War 2 are already being produced.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I mean we knew this was in the making and now we know they are recruiting a very passionate person.

Edit: wait is it "you're gonna die" figuratively because of its potential awesomeness or that literally Aloy dies?

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bring back Vanasha pls. Loved her so much I would have loved if she was playable. Those abs, that smile, eeeeeeeeee

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize that was Janina in Frozen Wilds. She rules.

Anyway a potential Horizon 2 on PS5 is one of my most anticipated games. I adore the first.

Toasty

Oct 25, 2017
Sidewinder
Sorry Jason but God of War 2 has been out of pre production for a while now. I mean the game came out in 2007. Pick it up scoop master, you're looking like a doofus.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feb 2017 for HZD. Just over three years of development for sequel that needs to account for new HW sounds too soon.

Early launch titles for the PS5 won't be that much different than PS4 games. And that's nearly four years of development time, assuming November or December 2020.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, really liked her. As well as Huadiv. I'd like to see more of both of them
Yeah, I really liked his dialogue. Like Vanasha, he always seemed to me like a character that should have had a bigger role. Their presence was just cool. At least Petra got some decent screen time, I liked her too.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Feb 2017 for HZD. Just over three years of development for sequel that needs to account for new HW sounds too soon.
They've picked up a ridiculous amount of new staff, so while it would be crazy, I think they could do it if they knew where they were going immediately after finishing the first.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, could see them being end of life exclusives for the PS4 before the PS5 comes out. God of War 2 likely started as soon as the first shipped
I can't see GG missing out on the opportunity to make Horizon 2 a PS5 exclusive. Would take full of advantage of the hardware, would make it a killer app, would sell consoles instantly, which is what Sony would want. If it was on PS4 as well, it won't have the same effect. Horizon 2 and God of War (2?) are PS5 games for sure imo.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, could see them being end of life exclusives for the PS4 before the PS5 comes out. God of War 2 likely started as soon as the first shipped
Guerrilla is a very tech focused studio. I can't imagine they would want to skip out on building Horizon 2 around the PS5 hardware. I think it'll be the first major AAA heavy hitter from Sony that's a PS5 only game.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is the secret that you'll be doing the same things as in horizon 1?

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Team Aloy and Varl šŸ˜¤

tenor.gif

Youthful infatuation.

Aloy should obviously pick the Sun-King. Queen of the most powerful nation in the region? Who would say no to that?

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait. Horizon ranged combat is so damn good, every now and then I boot the game to fight some of the machines.

Also Cory Barlog confirmed another GOW in his GDC talk so that isn't really news (I mean was there even any doubt).

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Definitely wouldn't mind a sequel, it's a really good game even if there is plenty of room for improvement.

Oct 25, 2017
My mind can't even comprehend HZ2 right now honestly. What an amazing foundation they have with HZ1.

One of the very few open world games where I actually care about the story. Most of the time, I could not care less. You could tell me the ending to Assassins Creed, and I wouldn't care. I don't play those games for the story. But 100% Horizon.

I think because they built up so much mystery in the world that you constantly want to know more.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018

No way do you waste a beloved new IP and one of your best technical teams by shackling them to last gen hardware when you could have them make atruely next gen showcase.

Besides Horizon is a prime candidate for a game where the CPU boost from Ryzen will make a huge difference. In many ways Gurella need that boost far more then Naughty Dog or Santa Monica based on the style of game Horizon is

Edit. Also #TeamVarl.

Last edited:

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
I hope there are more involved quests that focus on the side characters more. Was underwhelmed with that in 1