• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
Fair point, although I trust Sony to give Bluepoint a bigger budget than whatever EA is handing to the studio working on an ME trilogy remaster. Also, they are simply larger games in general so it would be a lot more costly to have a complete remake instead of an up-rezzed remaster of the series.
Also fair. I don't expect us to get a ground breaking ME remake trilogy, but more of a Ultra HD collection type of thing.

Ilyahero

Nov 25, 2019
lovely. I'm struggling to think what Japanese games could make an appearance in the show

I'd imagine Bandai/From would want it to be at a bigger event first. So for it to appear at TGS it needs to be revealed beforehand
I agree. TGS is too small for the first gameplay trailer

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Honestly thinking a 2022 or 2023 release date could be the outcome... I think the biggest stressor right now is the absence of Elden Ring content. We did receive artwork, interviews, details... but no trailer.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I want Elden Ring at this thing this week and the fact that it won't be seems like a personal offense tbh

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
that's not how this works, the Elden Ring trailer would have been two minutes long at best and Microsoft wouldn't cut any time for their own projects.
I don't know how time works for you but if I know the show is an hour and no previously announced 3rd party games are supposed to be there as an Xbox fan that is very exciting

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder if MS has a FROM exclusive on the way? There have been rumours of a notable new exclusive IP from a prestigious Jpn developer, FROM would fit that mould imo.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Just in case you didn't know, FFXIII runs really well on the Xbox One X. Microsoft went back and enhanced it.

www.eurogamer.net

Final Fantasy 13 on Xbox One X is a back-compat masterpiece

The recent arrival of Final Fantasy 13 on Xbox One is a simply brilliant addition to the backwards compatible library. …

Oh, I know! Been meaning to replay. The first two hold a special place in my heart.

But a trilogy where all three games ran at 60fps and perhaps with some additional updates (mostly to Lightning Returns but please let me lock the radar in place in the original XIII) would be a day one purchase for me.

zthan

Oct 27, 2017
Man, what's going on with this game? Been more than a year without any new info. I need my souls fix.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Clearly I know it can be as long as they want it to be. Knowing this won't show up tells me the hour being presented has more of a chance to show off NEW UNKNOWN games instead of previously known games.
The show could be 58 minutes long for all we know. It could also be 62 minutes long. Elden Ring not being there makes absolutely no difference as to what else is being shown.

Mar 31, 2018
It's disappointing, but understandable. I do hope, since it is a very ambitious project on a large scale, that in case of a late release, they will cancel the PS4 and XB1 versions. Current-gen should not be a barrier for this game.
GRRM is attached to it, it is 100% cursed.
You'll feel what it's like for us book readers... We will have waited ten years for the Winds of Winter, as soon as it arrives, hopefully, in 2021!
#TeamEldenRing2029Release

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
At this point it's probably been restarted at some point but the end of this year is slammed anyway so it's not too bad of news.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
I pretty much don't know whats going on with the game at this point. Omnipotent said that development was fine so I'm not too worried but come on, not even some concept art, seriously?

I'm just gonna try and forget it exists for now.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Game was announced to early.

I'm not so sure. We have a big wrench in the works which is COVID. Which we now know has had a big effect on Japanese companies. Had COVID not of been a thing we very well might have seen Elden Ring again by now.