• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I've never heard of the source but figured it was worth posting given there's been some recent rumblings about the Furiosa project gearing up.

Jeff Sneider from Collider also mentioned a source told him Yahya Abdul-Mateen II was being eyed for a role but couldn't vet the info from a 2nd source.

Furiosa was the planned prequel anime to Fury Road that was scrapped when the shooting time table for Fury Road was delayed. They then rewrote the anime script to be a feature film that serves as a prequel and sequel to Fury Road that spans Furiosa's life over many years. Max was expected to be featured in the film as well with Tom Hardy being contractually obligated for 3 Mad Max films.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After Fury Road I would watch a movie about paint drying on the walls if it was directed by George Miller. I have complete faith in whatever he decides to do here.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have faith in George Miller and Jodie Comer (Madden is good in the Bodyguard), though I'm not the biggest fan of prequel stories in general.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hot take: Tom Hardy and Theron are the least awesome parts of Fury Road and having a cast of fresh faces might be a good thing. Especially considering their bitter on set antics during the shoot for Fury Road.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: Tom Hardy and Theron are the least awesome parts of Fury Road and having a cast of fresh faces might be a good thing. Especially considering their bitter on set antics during the shoot for Fury Road.

True for Hardy for sure - it feels like any number of people could have filled that role easily.

Disagree hard with Theron though. She carried the movie.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I've never heard of this site and I can see that their content gets literally no engagement (no comments etc). And it doesn't make sense for Charlize to be recasted either. The point of a Furiosa movie would be to bring her back, would it not?

Add to the fact that 3 Thousand Years of Longing is starting filming THIS MONTH, thus preventing Miller from even being part of this process....this is bullshit.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Please make it happen.

And I don't think we really need to go over her backstory. Fury Road made it pretty clear (just avoid the comic at all costs).

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I am down for Jodie Comer as Furiosa

I've never heard of this site and I can see that their content gets literally no engagement (no comments etc). And it doesn't make sense for Charlize to be recasted either. The point of a Furiosa movie would be to bring her back, would it not?
Jeff Sneider (who's at Collider now but previously worked at either THR or The Wrap) reported a couple days ago about WB doing a Fury Road prequel with a recast Furiosa.

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA

Add to the fact that 3 Thousand Years of Longing is starting filming THIS MONTH, thus preventing Miller from even being part of this process....this is bullshit.

Film's story spans decades so it'll make sense to cast someone younger to play Furiosa. I could see them getting Theron back to bookend the film as if she's telling a story from The Citadel as the new Immortan.

Miller has said as soon as his next film is finished, Furiosa is next. Production Weekly is trying to say production begins this fall but I think they're a bit of a bullshit source. One of the storyboard artists for Fury Road did mention a few weeks ago that prework on Furiosa was beginning soon hence why all these rumors seem sort of believable.