• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure Mad Max 5 was "The Wasteland". So any rumors claiming that it's a a Furiosa movie get big doubts from me.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The 2 of them didn't get along. At all. Constantly clashed, Theron showing up late to set etc and Hardy not understanding the role given the whole project was more a sequel to Thunderdome with a much older Gibson in mind.

Dang. Theron always seems like she could get along with any of her costars, she's so easy going in interviews.

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Dang. Theron always seems like she could get along with any of her costars, she's so easy going in interviews.

She wasn't happy with the shoot and being in the middle of nowhere. She also cited she wasn't happy to fly off and do it since she just adopted her son and all that but contractual obligation. She only signed on for Fury Road while Hardy signed for 3 movies.

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
This was an interview done back in February for Empire. If they're storyboarding everything and such then it's more along than I thought.
file.php

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I'll watch it but I really just want to see Tom and Charlize again. 😔

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I want without Hardy and Theron.

I'll still watch it, especially if it's great, but it would maybe be a cheap Tuesday watch rather than opening day.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't dislike madden but i'm shocked that people liked the bodyguard lmao. what a heap that show was

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Fury Road, but like every announced prequel ever, have no interest in this.

Prequels are a waste of time.

Variety reports on casting and shooting update
OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Hmmm might have to get a mod to update the title as this comes from Variety.
variety.com

Hollywood’s Biggest Movies Are Stuck in Limbo as Start Dates Remain Uncertain

From "The Matrix 4" to "Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings," it's uncertain when films in limbo will be able to resume production.

Director George Miller, for instance, has been meeting with names including Anya Taylor-Joy for his "Furiousa" spin-off, which he hopes to start shooting in 2021.

Of course, Miller is making concessions to coronavirus — those auditions have taken place via Skype.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Day Zero. Skipping all trailers if this actually happens, too.

What's hilarious in hindsight is that the Fury Road trailer seemed to be in front of every movie I saw for a year, and every time I saw it I said, "what the f*ck is this ugly incomprehensible trash?!"

and then I saw it

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Bombshell?

Oh I see. That took me way too long to get. But didn't you think she was the real star in that? I like harding but he just grunted his lines. Did a great job with the action though
That's the irony of your post, Fury Road was a Mad Max film where he wasn't the focus. And now you're saying you don't want a Furiosa movie if she isn't the focus.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
That's the irony of your post, Fury Road was a Mad Max film where he wasn't the focus. And now you're saying you don't want a Furiosa movie if she isn't the focus.
Aside from Mad Max 1, Max is never really the focus anyway. He kind of just wanders in and out of other peoples situations begrudgingly helping them out.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Liked Comer in Killing Eve but not sure if she is a good fit. Madden seems like a bad choice.