• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

View: https://youtu.be/OBKFEDLenAM?t=262

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Blade game: Alright you got me.
Ubisoft: Alright you lost me.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let me guess it's an open world filled with vampires, you run around and fight them to upgrade your abilities, and then capture their strongholds to cleanse parts of the map.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
This time you climb the inside of towers and they're full of vampires.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Let me guess it's an open world filled with vampires, you run around and fight them to upgrade your abilities, and then capture their strongholds to cleanse parts of the map.

i mean, the structure of spider-man, a game widely beloved on this forum is identical to 2014 ubisoft open world games (along with GoT and horizon), the structure is completely fine if the gameplay is done well. Or maybe ya'll just have double standards lol

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you gonna get a Japanese dev to do it justice, it probably makes sense for Ubi cause I could see their combat working well with something like this. Its not great, but it aint that bad either. Kinda like everything Ubi 🤷‍♂️

Ratuso

Nov 27, 2021
You got it right here.

Ubisoft does an open world -> "oh the same shit all over again"

literally every other developer making an open world with the same game design -> "oh cooooooooool, GOTY"
A few years ago the cool thing to do was to hate EA. Now it's Ubi. I wonder which one will be next...

Garth2000

Oct 27, 2017
Knowing Ubisoft's love of using the same template for multiple franchises, hopefully this is more in the vein of a splinter cell game and less like assassin's Creed...

I say this as someone who really likes most Ubisoft games

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
i mean, the structure of spider-man, a game widely beloved on this forum is identical to 2014 ubisoft open world games (along with GoT and horizon), the structure is completely fine if the gameplay is done well. Or maybe ya'll just have double standards lol

You got it right here.

Ubisoft does an open world -> "oh the same shit all over again"

literally every other developer making an open world with the same game design -> "oh cooooooooool, GOTY"
The hell is going on in here? Have you checked that this individual you quoted is universally loving open world games following ubi formula when it's made by others? I assume it's not just a "well I mean just generally this place-" because you did quote an individual for it so you must think he falls into the camp you speak of.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017

Spiderman wasn't done well. The open world repetitive bullshit sucked in it too. It just had a better story than most Ubisoft games, especially MM, and the core gameplay loop/ traversal was compelling. There was also far less to do than the typical Ubisoft game, which is a good thing.

I'm also not that poster and have no high vemon towards Ubisoft. They're more hit than miss nowadays, but they do make good games still. Origins and Odyssey were great.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I played the hell out of Blade II on PS2, even though I knew it wasn't any good. Slicing and dicing and blasting away vampires seems like a fairly straightforward concept; I'd be glad to at least see some developer take a shot at it, especially with the new movie coming soon.

buttzilla

Sep 9, 2020
Make it a stealth Red Steel 2 sequel. Hell make this game a budget title focusing solely on swordplay, 7 hours long, $30, and you got yourself a hit.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
There was a time when Ubisoft would've been my top pick to make a Blade game, but that time was 10 years ago.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
are we sure that the Blade movie isn't just using a Ubisoft mocap studio? bc the game absolutely would not have the same director as the film which is starting shooting soon

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
That could be fun that being said Ubi has definitely moved away from that formula for better or for worse. I would imagine this would be closer AC Valhalla, so a light RPG and some settlement management stuff. Maybe you send other vampire hunters on mission or something.

I hope they don't do Far Cry 6 again because that kinda a middle ground from stuff like Far Cry 3/AC Brotherhood and AC Valhalla.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
are we sure that the Blade movie isn't just using a Ubisoft mocap studio? bc the game absolutely would not have the same director as the film which is starting shooting soon
If that's true then why isn't Mahershala Ali in the mocap suit and why would blade even need to be mocapped in the first place?

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
If that's true then why isn't Mahershala Ali in the mocap suit and why would blade even need to be mocapped in the first place?
Who says they are mocapping the character, Blade?
Angie If mocap studios are busy (they are) - then yeah they might need to use an external studio especially if its for secondary/monster/background or pre-viz stuff and not a lead actor before they get into the studios in Atlanta (probably being used by another film/TV series before they get it in October)
You don't find it odd that a Ubisoft videogame of Blade would have the same director as the hundreds of millions dollar budget Marvel film about to start shooting? If I'm wrong then cool, but it's not quite adding up

Last edited:

Scuttlefluff

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boy people sure do hate Ubisoft here lol.

I like their games fine, it's their culture of sexual abuse with no consequences I'm not into.

Status
Not open for further replies.