• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been seeing this around and couldn't find a thread.

(Don't know this guy so if there's any controversy with them I'm not aware of it.)

TLDW datamined animations for CAC has some people speculating DLC.

The speculated list is.

1.Franky- One Piece

2.Coyote Starrk- Bleach

3.Orochimaru- Naruto

4. Koro Sensei- Asassination Classroom

5.Ochacko Uraraka- My Hero Academia

6. Krillin- Dragon Ball

7. Saito- Rurouni Kenshin

Edit: New speculated list.

New spectulation.

Krillin

Orochimaru

Katakuri

Saito

Uraraka

Koro-sensei

Uryu Ishida

Pop(Dragon Quest manga)

Tsuna(He notes this animation is the most iffy.)

Last edited:

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Of all Bleach characters they go for Coyote Starrk?

That'd be like Dragon Ball getting Dyspo over Jiren.

Aine

May 27, 2019
Makes me all the sadder that the game couldn't get in Shaman King thanks to rights issues.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Nice to see Koro Sensei, but the genre and series representation is still wack when compared to past Shonen Jump crossover games. Victory VS was able to do so much more, despite it having less character slots.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
To be fair, part of that's based on how powerful and skilled Koro-sensei is, and it's not like this is the first Jump fighter to feature Assassination Classroom.

Yeah but the likes of Arale were also powerful, skilled and featured in EVERY other jump fighter but got banned from this one because comedy

iag

Oct 27, 2017
Of all Bleach characters they go for Coyote Starrk?

That'd be like Dragon Ball getting Dyspo over Jiren.
Well, he was
on Arrancar list. I didn't play it, but is Ulquiorra on the game? Maybe would make more sense since he was kind of an antagonist for some part of the Arrancar arc.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I... understand why they are doing this, but it will never stop bothering me when representation is so disproportionate towards few most popular franchizes. It makes sense business sense, but it doesn't make sense logic sense. At this point, They could've made a Xenoverse 3, keep same xenoverse cast but just add Naruto and Asta or whtaevr and call it "Jump Ultimate Xenocrossover Clash" or whatever. Would make just as much sense. Hundreds of dbz character but hey "we put a couple of other characters therefore still counts as jump game, u guyz"

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda feels like Ulquiorra would have been a better choice than Starrk. I love Starrk so im good anyway.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I... understand why they are doing this, but it will never stop bothering me when representation is so disproportionate towards few most popular franchizes. It makes sense business sense, but it doesn't make sense logic sense. At this point, They could've made a Xenoverse 3, keep same xenoverse cast but just add Naruto and Asta or whtaevr and call it "Jump Ultimate Xenocrossover Clash" or whatever. Would make just as much sense. Hundreds of dbz character but hey "we put a couple of other characters therefore still counts as jump game, u guyz"
Even then the choices are weird.

I'd be ecstatic for Uraraka but Todoroki would make far more sense.

And then we have Krillin over Gohan. Krillin is one of my fav DB characters but who would sell more?

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Oh great, more Dragon Ball, One Piece and Naruto characters...

Koro sensei is a good pick
Starrk, not my first choice, but not a bad one.
Uraraka...I'll allow it.

Still no Tsuna though...

And then we have Krillin over Gohan. Krillin is one of my fav DB characters but who would sell more?
No disrespect to Gohan, but his moveset would be really boring, while Krillin could have some fun ones.

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
The Bleach reps have been super messy. If they wanted to pick an Espada for a game like this I don't know how they picked anything but Ulquiorra, Grimmjow or my fave Halibel? How weird.

Aine

May 27, 2019
The Bleach reps have been super messy. If they wanted to pick an Espada for a game like this I don't know how they picked anything but Ulquiorra, Grimmjow or my fave Halibel? How weird.

I'm just surprised they bothered with Bleach at all, considering the shitstorm its ending caused.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised they're doing another season considering how well it sold

also I wonder if they went with Uraraka because of the complaints over how few female characters there are?

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you'd think they'd be able to rip Joseph from one of the PS3 games pretty easily and copy him in tbh

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017

Grimmjow is in the first set of DLC characters, though I'm not sure if he's been released yet.

I'm fine with Uraraka since it gives the game more women, kind of similar to them adding Biscuit in the first DLC pass. Maybe they want all the bigger series to have female representation? Though we haven't gotten Android 18 yet...

Love seeing Franky, even if it's odd for him to make it before some of the other Strawhats or major villains. For what it's worth I'd expect all the One Piece characters to come from Burning Blood just to save time, though that gives them quite a few options.

Nov 17, 2017
Starrk is a weird choice. Even if he was the #1 Espada, in the grand scheme of things, that number really didn't mean anything. He was just one of the Espada and played a minor role in the story. I suppose if anything, his moveset would be a bit unique with his guns and the spirit wolves but if they were to add another Bleach character, I'd much rather have someone like Uryuu.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Guess I'm not surprised the game sold really well and I assume the season pass did as well. When this second one wraps up I'll probably pick it up again along with the first two season passes. Seems like it'll be a fun way to burn a few weekends.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Starrk makes next to no sense. I dont think he even talked to Ichigo. They were in the same place at the same time for like a second, and that's it.

Everyone else makes sense, though I'd have thought they would go with Nami before Franky.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird that the Korosensei hint is not only there but clearly the strongest of all of them. It's great that they're willing to add new franchises in, but it's clearly going to be pulling on teeth to do so. Here's hoping that means they're more confident going forward? (/doubt)

Uraraka makes a lot of sense from a design perspective: if the goal was "bring in more girls" she's a fairly obvious pick, and I imagine the devs were more entertained by her gravity ability vs Todoroki's fire and ice. Krillin makes sense for similar reasons - as popular as Gohan is, he's still another Super Saiyan - but at that point it probably would've been better off just stopping.

Franky and Starrk are clearly the weakest guesses to me (and Bilbzy even admits he's purely guessing on the latter) so I'm not treating them too seriously just yet. The Orochimaru guess is also kinda weak but the rationale makes sense (though why the hell would they give him that).

You can't be to careful with youtube people these days it seems so figured I'd cover my ass if he'd done some dumb shit I wasn't aware of.

Bilbzy's biggest crime is being clickbaity, something the entire JF Youtube community (tiny as it is) is guilty of. It's what happens when you dedicate your channel near-exclusively to a game this rough, I guess.

But otherwise yeah, he's fine.

7 Bleach characters in 2019, but not Kinnikuman for his 40th anniversary.
Bleach getting another character is the biggest question mark for me.

Still can't believe the current DLC has 2 Bleach characters in it.

what_year_is_it.jpg

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Starrk? The Arrancar that got offed by a captain who didn't even bother with a Bankai? THAT Starrk?

At least it's just speculation, but given the amount of bizarre-ass decisions that went into this game, I guess I wouldn't be surprised.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
While I'm happy that Uraraka & Koro Sensei may be in, I'm surprised by the lack of Todoroki or any other JoJo characters.