• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Typically I wouldn't make a thread based on Slide Rumors (Since they're easier than most to fake). However, after previous leaks on this topic have turned out to be real. These are more than likely the real deal (and relate to a prior leak that has gotten constant information right: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...on-2-and-jurassic-world-survival-leak.112452/)

c1irwj1jgqj0c.jpg

vx1a7bzh8ski1.jpg

So between these Slides and the prior leak these are related too. Looks like we're in for a lot more JW from Frontier as well as other titles.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Haven't played Evolution yet, but there can never be enough games with dinosaurs in them.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
Even with the problems I had with Evolution, I'll still buy this because I need more goddamn dinosaur games.

These movies make billions and yet there aren't enough big publishers who want to make them.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
The first one had a lot of potential but a lot of it felt very sterile, big industrial buildings that took up way to much space on a limited building area, dinosaur exhibits had no customization, it was just a fence. I wan to make my own jurassic park with atmosphere like in the movies. Visitors were just a literal stream of income without desires and needs and I really missed the seed generated Island Sandbox, Evolution also has a sand box but the wrong kind of sandbox.

One other thing I would like for the sequel is a mini map for when you're driving those ranger cars, I had no idea where I was driving when something needed fixing.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Woah! Where the heck did this come from? Man, poor Frontier. If this is real they must be really upset right now. That said:

"Introduce much requested enhancements by the community, partners and ourselves"

Sounds good, and what they needed to do. Also sounds like Universal had feedback about the game as well (although it was probably partly restrictions put in place by them that contributed to the game shipping in the state that it did).

"Release to coincide with the third instalment of Jurassic World"

A given based on the recent leak. The rumored winter update will probably be update 1.9 and the last major update for the game, before the sequel being announced sometime in 2020.

All in all, the key points sound great. Some of it should have been in the first game early on. Basically everything under Engaging Management. Well well. Hopefully the sequel will go above and beyond even what's mentioned here. More gameplay metrics like consumer demand, cleanliness, litigation, financial goal posts, competitors & industry espionage, weather, etc. is desperately needed for the game beyond the park building to be great.

I hate having to wait two and a half years for a truly great licensed Jurassic sim, but at least it will happen at all.

Last edited:

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jawmuncher These slides don't say anything about Jurassic World Survival. Are you saying that they reinforce JWE2 and therefore the entire previous leak (including JWS)?

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for making this thread, Jaw. At least now I have something to look forward to after this year beyond RE8 and RE3.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I loved the first game and put a ridiculous amount of hours into it with my son so am really looking forward to this one.

I know people say the first one lacked content and I do agree I wish they had more but it was still fantastic imo and a great foundation to build upon.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Hopefully it really does fix the issues the first one has. Hope this one has mod support but for a licensed game that'll never happen.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Don't you fucking play with my emotions....

Jurassic Park Isolation would be my dream game.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
They've been really good at listening to feedback but it's clear some stuff is being held back for a sequel.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had more fun playing Dinosaur Island. Think I'd rather spend my money on the Totally Liquid expansion.

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Jurassic World Evolution is a much better game now than it was a launch, and it's about to get its biggest update to date next month. Even at release I played that game 80+ hours... going to get back into it when the new patch hits.

Oct 25, 2017
I actually loved JWE, as it's one of the few management sim games I finished, 5-starring every island. I could totally do with a sequel.

Also, the idea of a survival game based on Jurassic World sounds great; maybe something a bit like Subnautica, but with Dinos?

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Really Hope we get a sequel. Love the first but feel like it should've gotten some large expansions...

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
I know this is a nitpick and kind of weird, but one of my hang ups with the first game is that there was only two basic animations for people being eaten by the dinosaurs. I'd like more variety in my dino-carnage.