• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
From Reddit (Though originally 4chan)

Jurassic World Evolution (Project Nero) - New DLC will contain Acrocanthosaurs, Proceratosaurus and Herrerasaurus. July will be a "Claire Dearing" dlc that will introduce a safari truck ride, paleo botany (growing plants for food in the feeder). Mission will be to save the dinosaurs from Nublar and move to Sanctuary island. There is some decoration coming but not much. Don't get excited. New dinosaurs are albertosaurus, ouranosaurus and another. December will be a 1993 pack with nublar and Sorna. Classic jeep track ride to get around. Missions will be to get JP back online.

JWE2 (Project Galileo) - This is the "new" IP that was mentioned recently. Just a sequel to JWE. Releasing 2021. We can't fix JWE so we are going to make a new one.

Jurassic World Survival - A Jurassic World themed survival game. Not much info on this at the moment."

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/jurassicworldevo/comments/bexchg/jwe_4chan_leak/

While there isn't much to go off of, It wouldn't surprise me (Especially since they called the DLC pack a few days before it actually dropped). JWE has sold more than 2 million copies, so another batch of DLC (There was a carnivore pack just recently released) along with a sequel before or near JW3 would be a perfect fit. Then with the Survival title, something along those lines has been talked about for awhile. So it's bound to happen at some point.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
"Jurassic World Survival - A Jurassic World themed survival game. Not much info on this at the moment."

What's interesting (and a bit confusing) is this doesn't really fit Frontiers M.O. - does this mean they're the lead developer, or could they be publishing a game from someone else? I also wonder if the premise is the same as the one in development at Cryptic Studios which was cancelled..

I just want a 'Alien Isolation' style Jurassic Park game from Creative Assembly.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I want to see Dinosaurs on next gen HW. Never played Alien Isolation or Dino Crisis (Not into horror) but I might give a future project akin to TP or FP survival game a try.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
trexrun7csow.gif

The 2015 game was looking good, so I'd really be pumped to see what an AAA Jurassic title would look like in the future on new hardware, and after the franchise proved itself.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jurassic Park: Isolation, full 90s aesthetic, "interactive CD-ROM" menu.

lets go

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
And we know the first bit is true... Exciting times. All for a 1993 pack. Jeep > Gyrospheres.

I wonder what they think is so broken about base JW though. There are issues but it doesn't seem like something that REQUIRES a sequel. Not that I'd mind a sequel, of course.

Is it really Dino Crisis without Regina?
(Probably can be, but she's so cooool.)

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
I really enjoyed Jurassic Park Evolution. It was a little bit limited for a builder/sim type game but had a lot of positives. I'd be interested in a sequel that maybe added a bit more depth to the park management.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I won't say no to a JWE2, but I hope this is fake, because those details about the future updates are incredibly disappointing if true. The additions sound nice, but the game desperately needs more terrain tools and customization options. Those updates do not sound like they are worth waiting so long for.

Last edited:

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
And we know the first bit is true... Exciting times. All for a 1993 pack. Jeep > Gyrospheres.

I wonder what they think is so broken about base JW though. There are issues but it doesn't seem like something that REQUIRES a sequel. Not that I'd mind a sequel, of course.

I love Jurassic Park and dinosaurs and tycoon games and I found JWE to be a tremendously tedious disappointment, it needs a sequel so they make something good. I don't like to be too harsh but... yeh, was so disappointed with it, I hope they hear the feedback.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I'm so torn about Jurassic Park Evolution and I've been enjoying the game quite a bit.

But while their production and visual style is top notch, the game is quite shallow and is even missing some things that made Genesis so much fun.

My main concerts are still that you can't "mark your own park". Everything so sterile with it's industrial looking buildings that take way up way too much space for the limited amount of space you already have and you can't really personalize your park with neat signs, decorations and stuff to make the habitats of the dinosaurs more attractive.

My other concern is that visors aren't really visitors with thoughts, likes and dislikes, they're just a stream blobs going around your park.

And I really miss just a sand box mode that lets you play as if you start the campaign from scratch without the story bits, a sand box mode in which you have unlimited cash and/or have no real progression isn't fun. Genesis also had a Island Generator which was really cool.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

It's not broken, but for a sim it's limited. Lack of buildings, attractions, terrain tools, animal behavior and species variety (most of the animals use the same animations and skeletons, of which there aren't that many), there are few metrics to keep track of, and the contracts and story missions are very uninspired. I've yet to finish the main story (4 out of 5 islands done) and haven't even touched the story DLC or Jurassic difficulty, but the game has felt lacking for a while. I still enjoy it, but I can't see myself sticking with it long after I finish all the story missions. The lack of variety make the sandbox mode and such not terribly appealing.

Edit: Also, what Ravelle said.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I love Jurassic Park and dinosaurs and tycoon games and I found JWE to be a tremendously tedious disappointment, it needs a sequel so they make something good. I don't like to be too harsh but... yeh, was so disappointed with it, I hope they hear the feedback.
It's not broken, but for a sim it's limited. Lack of buildings, attractions, terrain tools, animal behavior and species variety (most of the animals use the same animations and skeletons, of which there aren't that many), there are few metrics to keep track of, and the contracts and story missions are very uninspired. I've yet to finish the main story (4 out of 5 islands done) and haven't even touched the story DLC or Jurassic difficulty, but the game has felt lacking for a while.
Don't get me wrong, I agree it's pretty lacklustre, but most of what wasn't included seems like stuff that wouldn't take TOO much effort to add. The one BIG problem is maybe aquatic animals as the maps don't really seem made for it. Aviaries, decoration, building variety, animation tweaks, and so on seems like something DLC or patches could fix.

Deleted member 12009

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope Jurassic World Survival is an actual survival horror game and not just a sandbox builder game like Ark.

dangeROSS

Oct 28, 2017
Huh, nice to see the Jurassic stuff getting some love. That Survival game especially sounds interesting...

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game was so aggressively awful, shallow, and actively unfun, that I'll make sure to never ever be tricked again into thinking they could deliver a game that actually entertains the player.

A waste of time, energy, and patience. Please, don't think for a second that anything they release is worth more than 10$ on sale.

They actually made a park and dinosaur exhibit simulator painfully boring and unfun to play.

Avoid at all costs if you want to have an engaging experience of any kind whatsoever.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never got into Evolution because it tied what you could do in simulator mode to what you finished in the missions. I don't want to play the missions, I just want to build parks.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
As much hate as JWE got, I LOVED how you could build your park and roam around it once you've built it.

Personally, I'd love to see a lot more interaction at the ground level. It'd make the entire experience that much more personal and believable.

I'd love to see the park builder/resource manager aspect be the core focus, but then you should also be able to walk around/drive around the park, attend shows, walk into the souvenir shops and buy stuff to customize your character, and then whenever an incident arises at the park, you should be able to bust out a gun and hunt the dinos.

If JWE2 allows for free roam, hunting, attending shows/exhibits, i'm there day 1.

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I want a game where you play as a dinosaur, no people. Play as the alpha of a pack of raptors, take down a large dinosaur with your ai squad raptors, have raptor babies, die, play as the new raptor with increased stats. Defend the herd as a Triceratops. Rule the ecosystem of the Nile as a spinosaurus.

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I agree it's pretty lacklustre, but most of what wasn't included seems like stuff that wouldn't take TOO much effort to add. The one BIG problem is maybe aquatic animals as the maps don't really seem made for it. Aviaries, decoration, building variety, animation tweaks, and so on seems like something DLC or patches could fix.

The size of the maps being so constrained was odd as well, I dont know how much is fixable through patches but they'd probably make more money with a sequel

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Im sure Frontier is going to get it right this second time with Evolution 2 as they learned from what the people asked after playing the game.

Frontier treats their community great and they are always listening. Planet Coaster got better and better with every update and dlc, and eveything was stuff people asked for, and the majority of more important stuff has been free updates.
Im actually susprised they have planned JWE2 before Planet Coaster 2, as that is the older game. I suppose they see more logentivity to it, just like Elite.

The size of the maps being so constrained was odd as well, I dont know how much is fixable through patches but they'd probably make more money with a sequel

Wouldnt surprise me is the consoles power what is limiting the islands. They have said a million times Planet Coaster would never work on consoles, for example, as that game destroys weaker PCs with medium sized parks

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
I hope a sequel is true. I recently bought Evolution on PS4 for $20 on sale and I'm definitely hooked. The game does get grindy and it does lack variety in game play but I'm such a whore for Jurassic Park that I eat all of it up and still is begging for more.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
I´m OK with this. I got the first game for very cheap, at launch, and enjoyed for some weeks. I do hope that the eventual sequel is deeper. There is a lot of potential, even after the decline of the movie series.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's about damned time. DICE's biggest low key mistake was not adding a dino mode to Battlefield and printing money. They probably would have fucked it up anyway.

JW:E was mostly a disappointment. Prehistoric Kingdom looks like it will eat its lunch.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I think JW:E2 could significantly improve, and deliver the game people wanted and then some. What people want from the game honestly is too much just for some DLC, free or otherwise.

But man I wanna know more about that survival game...

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Is it really Dino Crisis without Regina?
(Probably can be, but she's so cooool.)
Oh man i just wished i would spend one day without saying things about this vile piece of trash.
I think i will just copy what i wrote in another thread
Oh, i have one!
Do you people ever heard about Jurassic World : Evolution?
I have, and a LOT. Game promissed a lot.
Genetic Modifications? YES
Tycoon Elements? YES
From frontier? The same devs of planet coaster and a huge background on the genre? YES
So let me tell you something, the truth! The sad fucking truth that no one told me before this fucking game released.

Game is bad, and why would you ask me. Let me explain!
No sandbox mode.
Yeah, you read it right, there's not a fucking sandbox mode in this game. Do you know how absurd this is? Please present me with a tycoon/management/building game that doesnt come with a sandbox mode, with option for you to play whatenver you want. Is hard to find? Possible, because i played a LOT of them and never saw this. Instead, they made a island that doesnt fit everything you can put in the game, that is tied with the progression of the "campaing". What the FUCK!
Since im talking about the maps sizes, lets talk about it!
They are so fucking tiny and restricted that you cannot find a single island and actually put every building you have in a game, let alone all the types of dinos. Yeah, thats right! Is so restricted that you have to feed some dinos to carnivores to make some space and complete objectives that the game gives to you, or make some carnivores fight and you hope that they kill themselves.

Timer
Why they put a timer in this fucking thing? Why????? I tell you why! You dont have anything to do, so they put this timer that make the game looks like a mobile game to give you the impression that you actually do something, but the only thing this fucking timer does is to restrict your progression. You have to wait looking at the dinos, and thats about it. They hope that the visuals keep you distracted, and is the only good thing i can think of this game have.

Management/tycoon/building/ai behavior
Yeah, this is the point that could have saved this game from hell, but it actually buries it deep in the hole. There's no managent at all, there's no tycoon aspect of it, there's almost no bulding and the dinos AI is a joke. They promissed realistic behaviour, the dinos fighting and all. Is all a fucking joke. The guests looks all the same, they dont even have a clear path. Is so barebons that i dont know how they even walk in a straight line, they dont do anything. Dinos are supossed to be the main show, but they are so barebones too that the only event that impacts us is when they break out the fences (oh, and the fences looks all the same since they dont show a single difference between then, it looks like they break all the same) and tou have to call a car and put then to sleep.

I could go on a LOT based on what they promissed and what we received, but im so pissed off that i dont want to talk about it anymore. This made me never believe in anything any dev say prior the game release.
Thank you frontier

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I almost bought JWE last weekend but I"m guessing if JWE2 is coming out to fix the problems I might as well just wait and stick to JP:OG.

I always wanted that JP Survival game for the PS2 that was cancelled, so I'd hope the JW Survivor game is indeed survival horror and not some action game which I'd not be a fan of.

Hoping these rumors are true, after the success of JW I was surprised by the lack of cashing in on dinosaurs from developers, hell I was even asking for a Lego JW2 just to have some options out there.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
"Acrocanthosaurus"

LOL.

DYhVaAS.jpg

They probably went to a 99 cent store, bought a pack of plastic dinosaurs and 3D scanned it to make the model.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The mobile-fication in JW:E is pretty damned egregious.

And yeah, lol, you know it's bad when an old mobile game from the same franchise has a design that is somehow more accurate (looking mostly at the skull shape here)

maxresdefault.jpg

They didn't even do anything interesting with the spine. At least make it more pronounced:

acrocanthosaurus_by_apsaravis-d5kvkj2.jpg

187_acrocanthosaurus_l._d._austin.jpg

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
The mobile-fication in JW:E is pretty damned egregious.

And yeah, lol, you know it's bad when an old mobile game from the same franchise has a design that is somehow more accurate (looking mostly at the skull shape here)

maxresdefault.jpg

They didn't even do anything interesting with the spine. At least make it more pronounced:

acrocanthosaurus_by_apsaravis-d5kvkj2.jpg

187_acrocanthosaurus_l._d._austin.jpg

Hell, Jurassic Park Operation Genesis from 2003 (I think) looks better.

gitWsr7.jpg

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
I don't know how i feel about a Jurassic Park survival game. I just don't like the thought of using guns in Jurassic Park.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.