• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Should I pick up the first one or wait to see how the sequel turns out? Is it worth it? What is it that can't be fixed (mentioned in the OP)?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It's weird that they do listen to the fans, but still refuse to go all in on the decorations. Must be saving it for the sequel.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
JW:E has the same problem as the Zoo Tycoon reboot Frontier made, which is that they were clearly made with consoles in mind. While I do think think that JW:E is better than the Zoo Tycoon reboot - as you can actually design your own exhibits instead of just plopping them down - you can tell just by the small map sizes that they had to constrain the size of the parks so that the game would run smoothly on consoles.

Since it's getting a PC-only release - and because the Wildlife Park series is a shallow imitation of what made ZT good - I'm hoping Planet Zoo is good so I can finally have something that scratch that itch I haven't had satisfied in forever.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Looks to be true - the original post said this:

qR9kpLf.png

Announced today:

5i3vto4.gif

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
"We can't fix JWE so we are going to make a new one"

...damn, that's pretty sad to read, lol.

I guess there's the old saying "Better luck next time".

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
It's the end of the month, and there should be a new Prehistoric Kingdom dev blog update coming soon. Wait for that instead of this crap.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's the end of the month, and there should be a new Prehistoric Kingdom dev blog update coming soon. Wait for that instead of this crap.
The JWE subreddit is blowing their load because Frontier is adding terrain painting and wetlands.

I get that more decoration options are great but none of the new announced features actually solve the games problems.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the stuff the summer update is adding:

- Terrain painting, shrub tools and scenery items like rocks and individual trees
- Wetlands with a wetland requirement for Spinosaurids.
- Fish feeders which Spinosaurids will primarily feed on.
- Pachycephalosaurids can engage in fights against small theropods, with finishing animations.
- Expanded gyrosphere features (can build tracks through enclosures now).
- A few other changes to dino behavior.
- Challenge mode additions
- Misc quality of life features like more building info, details on power consumption, etc.

There's also a paid DLC coming later on.

So far none of the stuff in the leak apart from the carnivore DLC has been confirmed, but it probably will when we know what the DLC is.

Decent overall, but this is something I would have expected six months after launch, and not almost a full year later.

Last edited:

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Most of the stuff the summer update is adding:

- Terrain painting, shrub tools and scenery items like rocks and individual trees
- Wetlands with a wetland requirement for Spinosaurids.
- Fish feeders which Spinosaurids will primarily feed on.
- Pachycephalosaurids can engage in fights against small theropods, with finishing animations.
- Expanded gyrosphere features (can build tracks through enclosures now).
- A few other changes to dino behavior.
- Challenge mode additions
- Misc quality of life features like more building info, details on power consumption, etc.

There's also a paid DLC coming later on.

So far none of the stuff in the leak apart from the carnivore DLC has been confirmed, but it probably will when we know what the DLC is.

Decent overall, but this is something I would have expected six months after launch, and not almost a full year later.
Keep in mind, the leak had non Jurassic World stuff, like the Planet Zoo and Ghostbusters DLC coming to Planet Coaster, which has all come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.