• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOKcFixtm3Q

This is kind of interesting rumor, cause it wasn't even noteworthy until a little while ago.

Basic way this leak came out

Random guy posts supposed details on 4chan, mentions Shibuya from TWEWY being in the game.
Gets called out for having that there, someone says we will never see it again.
Guys then hints at seeing Shibuya again in Nintendo direct in January which we now know was correct.

Rest of the post basically says what the title says, Monster Inc to be featured in Feb trailer. Frozen slated for E3 reveal. Noctis and Lighting to make cameos.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
kh_lightning.png

It's time.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOKcFixtm3Q

This is kind of interesting rumor, cause it wasn't even noteworthy until a little while ago.

Basic way this leak came out

Random guy posts supposed details on 4chan, mentions Shibuya from TWEWY being in the game.
Gets called out for having that there, someone says we will never see it again.
Guys then hints at seeing Shibuya again in Nintendo direct in January which we now know was correct.

Rest of the post basically says what the title says, Monster Inc to be featured in Feb trailer. Frozen slated for E3 reveal. Noctis and Lighting to make cameos.

We all knew this was happening.

As for the Feb release announcement, it's possible considering Square likes to announce their big titles early in the year for release later in the year (FFXV's date was announced in March 2016 for a Nov 2016 release)

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
After 13 years I'll believe it when I have the disc in my cold sweaty palms.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Didn't Nomura say it's too late to include characters like Noctis? There was a poll asking which FF characters people wanted to see.

Calling BS, I'll say that e3 guaranteed for a fall release date.

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
So in the topic of leaks and rumors. Is a Nintendo Switch version possible in the deck? Now that all the cards have been shuffled?

KHlover

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait. I want it to be true. But lots of people also "leaked" TWEWY2 for the January Direct. "Shibuya" isn't precise enough for me. Had he said "TWEWY Final Remix" my hype would've been through the roof ;O

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
If it does come out in Q3, I hope that is enough time to finish the game and they don't release it half done and spend two years finishing it with patches and DLC, like Final Fantasy XV.

HemoGoblin

Nov 3, 2017
Likewise I'll believe it when I see it. I'm afraid it will be delayed in to Q1/2 of next year if they do announce it. I really hope Shibuya is a world though, that'd be dope

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I don't know if it makes sense to put TWEWY in Kingdom Hearts 3 when it does not appear on a Nintendo console

Cloud is in Smash but it is a thousand times more popular and known

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I don't believe, but I want to. I'm playing through the series for the first time on the 1.5+2.5 collection and I'm more excited for KH3 than I ever have been.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the game is in a better state than FF15 when it releases.
Pretty sure there will be at least one season pass?

JasonS

Dec 20, 2017
I still can't believe that this game may actually get released this year. Not hyped about a Frozen world though. I'd rather have more classics.

HemoGoblin

Nov 3, 2017
Likewise I'll believe it when I see it. I'm afraid it will be delayed in to Q1/2 of next year if they do announce it. I really hope Shibuya is a world though, that'd be dope
There's never been a non-disney property world right in KH? I know there's the original words like traverse town but never a square one right? I guess Halloween town may not technically be Disney but I guess other than that

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I'm willing to bet money that Shibuya is not in the game. Also I would be very surprised to see the the release date announced before E3 considering the comments from Square.

And lastly I cannot imagine Frozen not being announced next month at D23 Japan. Long story short I think this rumour is complete bogus.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I'd hope so since KH has the benefit of a longer dev cycle and it's more level based. If they needed to cut content they could have easily axe'd one of the worlds while still delivering something that feels complete.

JasonS

Dec 20, 2017

Oh, 100%
Especially because of all the Final Mixes before. It would actually be nice instead of a whole new game, just a season pass for Final Mix stuff.

I expect to see DLC for new worlds. I think Square just wants to get it out at this point.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I don't think it will be a Q3 release, if it is I think a delay to Holiday's like FFXV will happen.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if it makes sense to put TWEWY in Kingdom Hearts 3 when it does not appear on a Nintendo console

Cloud is in Smash but it is a thousand times more popular and known

Meh why not? KH3 will be on Xbox as well. Doesn't mean Squall can't show up.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I am very skeptical. I would love Shibuya world personally but I doubt it would happen when they are having even less Disney world count than KH2 + isn't Sanfrantokyo in BH6 kinda similar city world vibe?

As for release date, I think they will announce it at E3. They could give vague release window at D23 though (like fall 2018, etc.).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno. It paid off for XV, don't see why KH3 couldn't stand tall during holidays. It has big enough following and I assume marketing push for it not to get buried.

I'm just puzzled as to why September would be too early but November would be fine. The game's been in development for five years, two more months isn't going to make a big difference considering KH has always been a series that releases in a relatively polished state. It's not like we're talking about an Assassin's Creed game here.

Cuboid 64

Oct 28, 2017
Real or not, the most disappointing thing to me about this would be the FF Character list. I'd like to see them pull in more not done by Nomura. I'd love it if the Scions were involved somehow.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I'm just puzzled as to why September would be too early but November would be fine. The game's been in development for five years, two more months isn't going to make a big difference considering KH has always been a series that releases in a relatively polished state. It's not like we're talking about an Assassin's Creed game here.
It's hard to really say what they are targeting for release. Nothing between Sept-Nov would surprise me.

Also sadly 0.2 didn't feel particularly polished (and that was delayed not because of they thought it needed it but because XV pushed it back!) but we just have to wait and see what happens with 3.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I like Noctis.....and actually lightning isn't even that bad of a character.

Please be Q3....this might mean a FFVII:R push for spring of next year.....god that would be amazing.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah yeah Noctis and Lightning and whatever, when the hell is Gilgamesh going to show up in these games?