• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/04/10/kingdom-hearts-3-release-date-leaked/

A Kingdom Hearts III product listing over on Target's page notes that the game has a release date of November 1, which falls on a Thursday. You can see the date right underneath the zip code on the right hand side. (You can see a screen grab below in case it gets taken down.)

kingdom-hearts-3-2-1100800.jpeg

Liam1884

Oct 30, 2017
It baffles me how this forum continues to make threads about random dates from retailer websites.

They are not correct.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
It was on October 31st some hours ago. I have a feeling Square will pit it against a Rockstar game, again.

Grylvak

Oct 29, 2017
While I strongly believe KH3 is coming out this year, that date just seems like a placeholder.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
I still won't believe this game is out until the disc is physically in my PS4.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
It's a Thursday so I'm gonna say it's definitely a placeholder.

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
i just want to mention that comicbook.com is terrible

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
It baffles me more when websites waste time actually writing these articles. It's boring as hell.
Very few sites can pass up on clickbait. It's the penultimate problem with sites whose only or majority of revenue is from ads.

I'd like to think users here know better by now but these threads are continuing to pop up more and more frequently despite the obvious problems with them. Sure release dates do get leaked from retailers but a 5 second search can tell you if the guessed release date has any merit or not.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
November is fairly likely but I'm expecting more late November than first day of November. Or early December.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Very few sites can pass up on clickbait. It's the penultimate problem with sites whose only or majority of revenue is from ads.

I'd like to think users here know better by now but these threads are continuing to pop up more and more frequently despite the obvious problems with them. Sure release dates do get leaked from retailers but a 5 second search can tell you if the guessed release date has any merit or not.
I actively told people I worked with not to bother with them because it takes time away from genuine news and I told them I definitely wouldn't write them.

Made me want to bash my head against a wall.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
It's been officially confirmed for 2018 for some time now by Square Enix in press releases and trailers.
You make an unusually compelling case for 2019 here.

Let us not forget this is the same Square Enix that held an entire concert-hall-packed event culminating in the reveal of Final Fantasy XV's "September 30" release date.

Nothing's set in stone with this crazy company. Don't even believe the date they show at E3, if they do. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we got another few months' delay just so the game could get some "extra polish".

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Let us not forget this is the same Square Enix that held an entire concert-hall-packed event culminating in the reveal of Final Fantasy XV's "September 30" release date.
That's also an isolated incident where the delay was only two months. This game is coming out this year.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
You make an unusually compelling case for 2019 here.

Nothing's set in stone with this crazy company. Don't even believe the date they show at E3, if they do. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we got another few months' delay just so the game could get some "extra polish".
Final Fantasy XV is different. There were rumblings that even a few months prior to the game's launch that they were rewriting the script and they had considerably less time to develop FFXV than Nomura has had with KH3.

KH3 has various gameplay elements done, gorgeous visuals, worlds full of NPCs, cutscenes done, mini games done, English and Japanese voice recording underway / done, and a bunch more. Any extra polish is going to be done over these next few months.

Birdo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I won't play this until it's on the PS5 because I am going to wait for all of the inevitable content they drip feed to come out.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
They'll just release it half finished in November or December and spend the next two years finishing it, like Final Fantasy XV.