• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's cool. I hope she's not misused. They need to have heard sing a song. Preferably a song produced specifically for the game.

Oct 31, 2017
Random guess: if she actually appears in the game she's going to voice/motioncap that silver-skinned pop star we've already seen in trailers and screenshots.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Makes sense, she's cyberpunk as fuck, and could easily slot in as a pop star in game.

I note that one of the more interesting RPG's out there, Eclipse Phase, has a reference to her existing in universe, which makes total sense given the trans-humanist/cyberpunk setting there too.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
This is an old rumor and they later confirmed we won't recognize any artists in the game

I don't buy it

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Tons of high-quality games have big names attached to them. It says little to nothing about the quality of a title.
I don't even disagree... I'm just thinking about what a waste of budget it is and where their priorities lie. But I suppose it's good for marketing at the same time.....
They shoulda stayed niche AA pc rpg devs barely anyone gave a shit about, you're right
No, they should've. I liked their previous games ever so slightly more even though I loved how succesfully they merged their RPG focus with the open world trend.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. I hope she contributes a song or two to the OST and we get to play as her somewhere along the way.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
As long as she doesn't do any music. And if there's an Omikron-esque performance cutscene that's an insta-skip.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
They shoulda stayed niche AA pc rpg devs barely anyone gave a shit about, you're right

You mean when they released Witcher 1 ? Game that sold milions of copies to this day even before the releases of Witcher 2 and Witcher 3, one of the best selling PC games in 2007 and that game that won some major awards in the year it was released, awards from PC Gamer, IGN or GameSpy, game that has 81% rating on Metacritics and on the same site its Enhanced Edition has 88%.. I mean, of course CD Projekt RED really went big with Witcher 3, but Witcher 1 was selling better at release than Dark Souls 1 on consoles

Aktlys

Oct 27, 2017
Shallow to be the main theme song

Tell me somethin', girl
Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there somethin' else you're searchin' for?

PROFOUND

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You mean when they released Witcher 1 ? Game that sold milions of copies to this day even before the releases of Witcher 2 and Witcher 3, one of the best selling PC games in 2007 and that game that won some major awards in the year it was released, awards from PC Gamer, IGN or GameSpy, game that has 81% rating on Metacritics and on the same site its Enhanced Edition has 88%.. I mean, of course CD Projekt RED really went big with Witcher 3, but Witcher 1 was selling better at release than Dark Souls 1 on consoles
Yes, that's what I mean. I was with those games since the beginning. Metacritic doesn't really counter that Witcher was niche. But when someone is saying they are selling out with witcher 3 and now cyberpunk because of gaga it really grinds my gears. And to be fair Witcher 2 was a low point, they forgot their pc roots and went for very console driven, bombastic action rpg experience.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
CDPR hired Charles Dance, incredibly prolific British actor, then explicitly famed for Tywin Lannister in the unfathomably popular Game of Thrones, to voice Emperor Emhyr in The Witcher 3. They also licensed a Ben Howard song for the launch trailer.

Besides that, the Witcher and Cyberpunk are also both based on licensed properties that had some recognition long before CDPR came around.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
This rumor dates back to September and was debunked in discussions with a dev in their official Discord
ihVnpga.png

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
Please God yes. The fashion alone will be worth it

Then I don't think you should support cdpr at all based on their transphobic tweets? And their Witcher games that lack poc, are full of sexim and misogyny? Same for cyberpunk.

Ignore Phono, he's a Madonna superfan so he feels compelled to troll anything Gaga-related. Yes we're still in 2014

Last edited:

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
There is a character that she would be able to play really well that has already been posted so I don't really see the issue.

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
I love Gaga so I'll certainly be happy if she has a part to play in this amazing looking game.