• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
A few months ago a rumor suggested that LEGO is ready to launch a new line of (eleven) sets inspired by videogames properties. Today the first listing has been spotted on a German toy retailer, and it's the Tallneck from Horizon Zero Dawn.

The set is priced at €79.99 and will be available on May 1st, 2022.

Source

Deconstruct me if old.

Gabaghoul582

Banned
Nov 2, 2021
I had no idea of this video game rumor but I got back into LEGO last year thanks to covid, so I'll be buying some of these sets if they are from games I like.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Curious about what the size will be. LEGO has been going a bit wild the last few years with really expensive sets, but I'm hoping this is more of a $50-75 set than a $150+ one.

They can still make some good looking sets in smaller sizes, like the recent $40 Batman Tumbler.
Very likely, I'd say.

She's pretty much the only character I'd want a minifig of from the game series (and maybe Lance Reddick's character), and since the Longneck's whole thing is Aloy climbing it, I'd say they'd want to include her if only so you can pose her climbing or standing on top of it.

JoueurN1

May 15, 2020
Hope this as good as this one !

theo-domon-gif-artstation.gif

theo-domon-final.jpg

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
I have asking for this since before first game released. If priced reasonably, I will be all over it.

huggyhomer

Dec 14, 2018
It would be awesome if Sony and Lego had a whole line of video game collaborations with PlayStation IPs.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Included in a HFW PS5 bundle?!?

Would be nice, but well, hi, bots,and pandemic, and chip shortage lol

Ah hell, someone make a PS5 Tallneck case already

Roli

Apr 16, 2018
Yup. Instant buy. I've slowed down big time on Lego these last few years, but I'd love to display this set.

Oct 25, 2017
Not the series I would start with but if they make more of the dino robots my kid will absolutely shit, it was one of the first games he liked to watch me play.

elPolloDiablo

Apr 9, 2021
the Netherlands
Awesome love those specialized LEGO kits, been a fan of the Star Wars ones for years.

Also slightly off topic, but can anyone explain to me where the idea came from that HZD's robo creatures are based on dinosaurs? It seems to me they seem to be based more on ice age period creatures (well the glinthawks do look like pteradactyls I guess)

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love a UCS-level set of the Horizon dinos, but I doubt this will be it, lol.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if it will be perfect to place it on the desk.
I want Tallneck as my headphone hanger.

213r7jp3.jpg

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome love those specialized LEGO kits, been a fan of the Star Wars ones for years.

Also slightly off topic, but can anyone explain to me where the idea came from that HZD's robo creatures are based on dinosaurs? It seems to me they seem to be based more on ice age period creatures (well the glinthawks do look like pteradactyls I guess)
I think it's just that the Thunderjaw (the T-rex) is so iconic. It's the first machine they designed and the first one they really showed off. The big machines like the Thunderjaw and Tallneck are more attention grabbing.