• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentEagle

Jan 9, 2021
Massive W if its real.

LittleBigPlanet is in my top 10 games of all time and I was waiting for PS4 port for a decade.

Day 1 buy for me.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
So this probably comes out as the same time as a remaster for ps4/5 right? No way sony would just port games based around level sharing just to PC with broken online right?

Jul 26, 2019
Big if true. One of my favorite user generated contents was in these games. Hope they let people to create their levels on PC

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
nifty, there's a lot of old LBP creations I love, i hope a lot of them are still around

hopefully there's some old servers still up and buzzing

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
While it's possible they will come (though unlikely before Dreams)... We sure this is legit?

Cause it lists all 3 DLC for... Gorilla Engine?

7c96f860bf03f113f885f8b81f8e1b73373eaaf8.jpg

Which has this unfamiliar logo.

Gamesadict

Oct 25, 2017
Huh... that would be interesting to see how they handle given the PS3 games had its online taken down AFAIK because it was hacked to ruin. Either rebuilt from the ground up, or no online out of the gate.

Anyway, will be fun if true, but I'm in no rush to buy them again.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Maybe the next PS Plus Deluxe lineup.
In a buying form. Not streaming.

I payed insane amounts of money on DLC and costumes, just so lbp 1 and 2 being stuck on ps3 with dead servers.

So if they putting on steam, the absolutely minimal thing they have to do, is port it to PS5 too in a way I can buy the games.

Oct 31, 2017
Sony is literally willing to re-release pretty much anything before giving people Bloodborne and Demon's Souls, uh.

On a personal note, I'd take a Shadow of the Colossus, please.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Seems random, especially after Sackboy didn't great on PC.
I don't believe it.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I would definitely be down for this if it meant that getting PS3 games and their this-must-be-a-bad-joke insane spaghetti code dealt with and ported to PC and I guess PS5.

Mayjur

Feb 7, 2021
So if they putting on steam, the absolutely minimal thing they have to do, is port it to PS5 too in a way I can buy the games.

If this turns out to be true (which I kind of doubt but we'll see), I don't see why they would release them on Steam and not PS5 which is where the vast majority of their audience is. It most likely might be a future announcement of them coming to both PS5 and PC.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
These games are so good. Some of the best co-op I've ever played, this will thrive so hard on pc

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I'd love for LBP to reach modern platforms, but the servers got shut down because they couldn't deal with the hacks, this means such a port would require completely remaking their net code on a legacy game, sounds like a pain to work out.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I don't think Sony/MM would have shut down LBP servers following the hacks if ports were coming, it's almost definitely fake.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
OK this is very exciting to me!
Not because its LBP1-3 necessarily, which is still cool, but mainly that they're open to porting legacy games to steam.
Really hoping to see things like Jak and Daxters, Ratchet and Clanks, Sly Coopers, God of Wars, Killzones, Uncharteds, etc.

heehofiend

May 13, 2018
Probably fake, but if true, this opens up a lot of potential for PS3 Sony titles like the older Uncharted games, the old God of War games, etc.

julmirakel

Sep 22, 2021
Not sure why you would purchase and play LittleBigPlanet 1 if LittleBigPlanet 2 was available as well. But this would be so nice, I put hundreds of hours into making levels on LBP2.

NaikoGames

Aug 1, 2022
man they're really enjoying themselves with the Steam ports huh

just bring us Bloodborne how hard it can be lol

FooF

One Winged Slayer
Mar 24, 2020
They're listed as dlc for a game called Gorilla Engine/Fish Station and the Tags are for an underwater survival horror game. This is just someone trolling

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019
No fucking way, if this is true it will open the floodgates, so please be true.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Yoooo I fucking wish. LBP2's custom levels were incredible and had such an active player base back in the day. Always missed that and wished more games would have similar creation tools for players.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Oh my god, oh my god, I hope this is true. LittleBigPlanet 2 is my favourite game or all time! Are they really bringing back LBP? No, they can't be…

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
If this is real (big if) then the fact that they are listed as DLC linked to Gorrilla Engine / Fish Station could mean that this is a revival of the long forgotten LittleBigPlanet Hub. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpcfzR1xdMg

Could see it as a situation where you can buy the content of each game separately under one unified launcher.

I don't think Sony/MM would have shut down LBP servers following the hacks if ports were coming, it's almost definitely fake.

They closed the PS3 and Vita servers because they determined that a fix was not possible server side and would need to be patched, which can not be done anymore on PS3 / Vita.

The PS4 version of LBP3 was patched and brought back online.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Depending on the price, this could be well worth it.

The games are fun, and I'm not really into the third person combat games that they mostly churn out otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.