• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
While Dusk is a prominent member, he's by no means infallible and has also been wrong in the past. As soon as there is official comment I'll update (though it'll likely get its own thread anyways).
Updating the OP with the remarks and qualifying statements would probably be wise, considering the amount of broken record posts we see on the subject. Adding your 2 cents with the quote should be helpful, IMO.

Feb 3, 2019
my bet? RE1 remade again in first person. it already made sense, but when I saw that RE3R's intro was in first person, it clicked to me that you would play as Jill in fp in the first game and then go into RE3 and transition smoothly to 3rd person.

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Remake RE4 but remove the castle.
giphy.gif

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Jumping into this thread because something clicked in my head without checking everything in here. What if we're getting a 0 and 1 remake put together. If the scope of this project is supposed to be huge what better way to go about it than to start from the beginning. It makes sense with all the notes left around...

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I would like it to be Code Veronica, I think it makes more sense to remake Resident Evil 1, so they can sell RE1-3 in a package deal as part of a remake trilogy.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Jumping into this thread because something clicked in my head without checking everything in here. What if we're getting a 0 and 1 remake put together. If the scope of this project is supposed to be huge what better way to go about it than to start from the beginning. It makes sense with all the notes left around...
Capcom would never do something like that when they could sell both remakes at $60.

"Huge project" = something like RE 2

Since he is a former Platinum CEO, I expect something more action oriented, like Devil May Cry or RE 4

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
since it is large then it is RE4 that would make sense. Since RE4 is the first game on the series that sold that much to give it that budget.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man a Resident Evil 4 Remake would be crazy.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
RE4make Part 1: Village.

Code Veronica was a big game too IIRC. So much stuff happening in that game.

Last edited:

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Give me the mansion again.

The tutorial could be Alpha Team investigating the Bravo helicopter crash, then moving into the mansion proper.

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
If this is the RE4 Remake then I hope they tone down the last third of the game so it is less action and has a better pace.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
RE4? *shrugs*

At least there'll be a new RE for me to buy in case RE8 really turns out to be RE7's successor and I'll end up skipping it.

They'd better not cut corners for RE4 remake though, I don't think fans will take it as well as in RE3's case.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I don't want it to be RE4.. yet.

I would love a new Remake of the first and a Remake of Code Veronica, before going into RE4 territory :(

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Finished RE3 Remake today. I can comfortably say that I'm here for anything M-Two puts out. Incredible first outing. If they got a shot at RE4, that'd be okay with me. Valen-Time is a great mechanic for RE. Just imagining Leon with all he had in RE4 + a similar dodge mechanic. *chef kiss*

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
It's gonna be my boy Teepo.

TEEPOOOOO!!!!

It's gonna be BOF3 boys.

Doesn't that just beat all?

Sep 14, 2018
Ugh please don't be RE4, I hope I don't find out the studio behind RE3 is not doing any DLC cause they moved on to a game that doesn't need a remake. Though I doubt Capcom would outsource a remake of 4, even though they back M-two it's still technically outsourcing.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Ugh please don't be RE4, I hope I don't find out the studio behind RE3 is not doing any DLC cause they moved on to a game that doesn't need a remake. Though I doubt Capcom would outsource a remake of 4, even though they back M-two it's still technically outsourcing.
There is not a chance in hell an RE4 remake doesn't happen. Could arguably be the best selling RE if the quality is there.

Jesb

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
RE4 makes too much sense from a business point of view. You have potentially two big sellers in RE8 and RE4. It would be stupid not to do it

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
RE2 and RE3 are completely 'meh' to me, and I will be skipping the latter outright.

RE4 on the other hand has me salivating...

pixelpatron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seattle
Okami ? Or original Devil May Cry? I'd love a Maximo trilogy Remake - with quality visuals on par with likes of the Spyro/Crash Remakes. Maybe get to see/play the cancelled Maximo 3.....