• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
French twitter account NintendHOME, a reliable source when it comes to retail offers, broke on Twitter the news that the Black Friday Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundle that only released in US so far is planned to release soon in France, with a day one shipment of 60.000 units (which is higher than any bundles released in the past):

News site Gamekult then confirmed the info with their own source amongst distribution and even gave a release date: December 3rd (so next week) as well as a price: 299.99€. This would be the cheapest Switch bundle with a paid game, essentially giving you Mario Kart for free.
https://www.gamekult.com/actualite/...e-arrive-finalement-en-europe-3050811723.html

Official announcement expected soon.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's your 20 million.

Am I doing this right?

But seriously good to see it come over.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah it's hard to beat that bundle for the Switch.. wonder if it comes up north as well.

Switch bundles are still very much super expensive here and this one, even if imported would be much cheaper than buying a similar package here.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
That's a great deal for sure. That'd be €60 of savings (assuming retailers are raising this MSRP to €330 like they did with the regular Switch). Should sell quite a number of units.

60k is a large amount, but it's not a staggering amount imo. Last year in France Nintendo sold over 500k during the last quarter, and this quarter should be way up according to expectations. 60k is therefore less than 10% of total.number of units, but still a nice boost for hardware sales!

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oh boy. Between this and the Facebook deal, they seem really determined to sell those switchs. One way or the other. If we are lucky, we could get a price cut before the fiscal year ends. Shame I broke already.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Today's hottest console with said console's best selling game...

Will the bundle sales count for Mario Kart's sales too?

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
60k is a large amount, but it's not a staggering amount imo. Last year in France Nintendo sold over 500k during the last quarter, and this quarter should be way up according to expectations. 60k is therefore less than 10% of total.number of units, but still a nice boost for hardware sales!
Considering there are also Pokemon/Smash/Diablo packs, this offer is probably targeting those who look for a cheaper option.

Will the bundle sales count for Mario Kart's sales too?
That's how MK Wii stands at 37 millions (partly).

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Only 4 days before Ultimate too.

I am sure that retailers will make very enticing deals with this bundle like they often do in France.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm bumping this because it kinda feels like GoNintendo liked my thread:
https://gonintendo.com/stories/323474-rumor-mario-kart-8-deluxe-nintendo-switch-bundle-due-next-week
According to a French Twitter account by the name of NintendHOME, a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Nintendo Switch bundle is headed to Europe. There will be 60,000 units available, which is a higher quantity than any other Nintendo Switch bundle that's been made available in the past. It will cost €299.99, which is approximately the price of a Nintendo Switch on its own (therefore making Mario Kart 8 Deluxe essentially a free game). The bundle is rumored to start hitting store shelves on December 3rd, and an official announcement is expected within the next few days.

or did Filip Miucin join their team ?

Deleted member 5159

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it would be cool if it extended to the rest of the continent, only now the switch (unbundled) has hit hit the 300€ mark. They should price this bundles 300€ and push down the stand alones to 250€ sometime next year.

The switch until recently retailed at 329€ without bundles, thats equivalent to 370 american dollars. its too expensive still in europe

KratosEnergyDrink

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's hope it will be €299 in Germany too.
Of course it won´t. Dankeschön Merkel!
you can thank our gov for that!
Looks like the rumor was right as the bundle just appeared for €299 on Media Markt Germany's online store.

https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/produc...-bundle-nintendo-switch-konsolen-2501749.html

The_Ultima I am shocked o_O

Und wie ist es? Bedankt ihr euch nun bei Merkel oder gehört ihr zu den üblichen deutschen Meckerfritzen: Beschweren auf hohem Niveau und an allem sind die anderen Schuld.

Oct 27, 2017
I used to work in Argos during the Wii years.

When sales started to finally slow down and we had a good supply of the basic Wii Sports bundle, Nintendo introduced the Mario Kart Wii bundle and stock started flying off the shelves again.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Und wie ist es? Bedankt ihr euch nun bei Merkel oder gehört ihr zu den üblichen deutschen Meckerfritzen: Beschweren auf hohem Niveau und an allem sind die anderen Schuld.

To be fair I have never said anything against the government which doesn't even make sense considering they are not responsible for the price making of the Switch lol.

The_Ultima

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Germany

What the heck am I reading here? rofl

Translation: So, how does it look now? Are you going to thank Merkel or are you like the rest of german grumblers: high-level moaning with everyone else being at fault (he doesn´t specify for what)