• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019

"One big obstacle Marvel Studios has faced for its entire history involved the complicated rights issues surrounding Hulk (and Namor). While Disney is free to use Hulk in any team up movie, they couldn't realistically produce a solo Hulk film due to complications surrounding the distribution of the movie.

Despite the common belief on the internet, Marvel could always have made a solo Hulk movie, but the chances of Disney actually distributing it and profiting off the money that went into it were slim. That's because Universal held the rights of first refusal for any solo Hulk film. They had first dibs at distributing it, and only if they passed would Disney be free to release it themselves. But who would pass up the potential billion-dollar opportunity that comes with a MCU movie these days?

But that obstacle might not be an issue anymore.

I'm only putting this out there as a rumor, not as fact, but I've heard from someone very reliable that Marvel has gained full control of Hulk (and Namor) so those pesky distribution hurdles no longer exist. It's very doubtful they'd ever do a solo Namor movie (due to the success of Aquaman) but they'll use him as both a villain and potential future Avenger.

This could explain why Kevin Feige invited Mark Ruffalo to pitch ideas for The Hulk. If they could now make and distribute a solo Hulk film on their own, without worrying about Universal, then it'd make a lot of sense to see if there was any ideas out there for such a thing."

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Dear god, they were unstoppable before! Now the Hulk's on their side?!?!?!

Seriously though, it'd be nice to see a solo Hulk movie. At this point in the story, they don't need to do the tired self loathing character arc. Time to get weird. Send him to Vegas.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Fuck namor
I only accept him appearing is if someone punches his face. Lots of time. Repeately.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
same source who for sure knew the title of the last avengers movie was "Annihilation" right?

that dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.