• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
This guy says that his sources correctly predicted the date of Heroes Omega's death

http://steamcommunity.com/app/493840/discussions/0/1700542332328613093/

DV2fCB7W0AA9b3z

DV2fDVoWAAUHUWk

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I wouldn't be shocked if it's taken off the store, but shut down I don't see. There's no real benefit to it and it saves a negligible amount.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
A random person on Steam doesn't seem like a great source. That said, there's probably something worthwhile for an actual site to investigate given Marvel sure hasn't been saying a lot about their game lately even on their own news updates page.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Seems pretty unlikely, but the fact that I wouldn't be shocked if it happened... pretty much says it all.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
This doesn't seem likely, or even verifiable.

That said, I could see Capcom seriously retooling Infinite after the reaction. In a way that could involve them taking the game down from Steam, and relisting it after some major design improvements.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
It being delisted is totally possible given it's... well, Marvel.

But as I said in the FG Community thread, someone should at least do some digging/asking around about the shut down part.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I'm not shocked at all. It's a shame the game released in the state it was in, but I was really hoping for one last hurrah to course-correct.

Even though I have it on PS4, I'll more than likely start to pick up the game and DLC on Steam, just to future proof it a bit.

GamerEra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense. When a game like Monster Hunter World sells 6 million in a month it doesn't make sense to keep servers for a game like MvCi online if it's only sold like 1mil.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
this would be a legendary failure, but i guess getting cut from tournaments is the start of something like this potentially happening

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
If this does happen I hope they take note as to the real reasons it failed and make a new game, and not abandon the game forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.