• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
As always, take everything with a pinch of salt. Also a truck load.
  • Holiday 2021 release date, probably September like PS4 Spiderman was.
  • Reveal this Summer.
  • No online co op. Completely single player.
  • Queens and Brooklyn. Will feature new gameplay mechanics to facilitate the low building traversal.
  • Set during Winter. Set approx 5-6 months after the first game. Peter is still mourning Aunt May and constantly reminds himself of what happened. MJ and him live together but she is away for the entire first act of the story.
  • Oscorp is attempting to Clone certain DNA to build a super soldier. Goes wrong. New villains spawn from this.
  • Harry Osborn will become Venom but it's a unique take on the character my source said.
  • Carnage and Mysterio are in the game.
  • Eddie Brock is in the game and a major character.
  • Miles is playable in sections of the game. They're still unsure wheather to let the player free roam as him but it isn't being thrown out completely just yet.
  • Think of Arkham Knight's system where you could switch to the other Bat family characters in certain situations. Same thing here. Not very original but it is fun.
  • A new "Web-Chain" mechanic is how my contact named it. You can basically chain together web "zips" so when you reach a point, he immediately zips to the next and so on.
  • Web swinging overhauled. They've gone all out on the animation tech this time, so we won't see the same animation as much, more variety, not only are they bringing the animations from PS4 over for the swing releases, they're adding MANY MANY MANY more. They have like 2 animators devoted completely and solely to the web release animations throughout the entire development cycle.
  • There will be three swing modes. Realistic, Arcade and Hybrid. (Naming still not final). Realistic is very Spider-Man 2-esque in that it's just pure physics. Arcade is a little "fake" assistance. and hybrid is a merge of the two, basically PS4's swinging.
More details to follow over the year maybe. Not sure, depends if my contact wants to keep telling me stuff. Have a good day."

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/fl7t9q/insomniac_marvel_spiderman_2_ps5/

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
r/gamingleaksandrumors.... the subreddit that basically never gets something right

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing seems out of the ordinary here but believing leaks and shit, especially anything related to the PS5, after yesterday is foolish.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Insomniac works fast, can't wait to see what this looks like.

Hopefully they get rid of (or minimise) the stealth sections and mini-game puzzles. Shame that there's still character switching as that's another element I didn't enjoy.

But the first game was still a blast, and its sequel is certain to look utterly mind-bending on PS5.

EDIT: How would on-line co-op have worked for an open world game like this anyway?

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm... The source is kinda meh. But I like all those bullet points.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Why would they make several different versions of the same mechanic when the first game is widely accepted as having the best iteration of swinging anyway?

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I need those web swinging modes to happen. I like the swinging in the first game so far but it does feel a bit like its on training wheels and doesn't fully satisfy my lust for Spider-Man 2's swinging.

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Its hard to take random leaks like this seriously.

I also kind of doubt that this is something they would do:
  • There will be three swing modes. Realistic, Arcade and Hybrid. (Naming still not final). Realistic is very Spider-Man 2-esque in that it's just pure physics. Arcade is a little "fake" assistance. and hybrid is a merge of the two, basically PS4's swinging.
I feel like the team behind the first Spider-Man game would rather focus its resources on creating 1 really good system instead of creating 3 (!) different ones, especially seeing how integral the system is to the gameplay.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
r/gamingleaksandrumors.... the subreddit that basically never gets something right
?

Tales from the Borderlands Redux trailer was posted there first yesterday and The Wolf Among Us 2 + Batman: TTS Shadow Edition was up on there b4 The Game Awards.

This leak is probably bogus and the subreddit is pretty bad, but real stuff (at least when it comes to Telltale) show up there from time to time.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
What reason is there to believe the source? Anyone could type this out

Dark_Emil

Apr 5, 2018
Sounds believable. They must show it this summer, long gameplay, not only a logo or launch date.

Ideally, that game should launch with PS5, but time is not on their side, unfortunately.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
As addicted as I was to Spidey 1's traversal, a presumably skill based "realistic" mode is exactly what I need. This leak aside, I hope Insomniac do consider something like that.

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping they manage to not pad out the game with check-list content this time. Completely fell off the first game because of this.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Well it's too easy to do fake leak about Spider-Man, it could be just guesses

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
God, I can't wait for this. I've never bothered to 100% a game, but the first one is the only one I cam closest to.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
EDIT: How would on-line co-op have worked for an open world game like this anyway?

I mean it's been done before in big open games like with Dying light. I imagine it would have been like one player is Spidey and the other is miles and you just do the missions together. The benefit of online co-op is that you're not splitting your screen so it's easier to enjoy with these open games.

But I'm glad it's just single player.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Hoping they manage to not pad out the game with check-list content this time. Completely fell off the first game because of this.
You didn't have to play those checklist content if you didn't want to. I like those content, the main meat of the game are combat and traversal and those sidequest basically give you more stuff to do. Just pace yourselves like do a little sidequest here and there, continue the story mission when you're sick of sidequest, comeback later when you feel like it etc

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It felt a little believable until this...

There will be three swing modes. Realistic, Arcade and Hybrid. (Naming still not final). Realistic is very Spider-Man 2-esque in that it's just pure physics. Arcade is a little "fake" assistance. and hybrid is a merge of the two, basically PS4's swinging.

Kinda seems like a very specific fan request and an option that'd just confuse a lot of casual players

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
We are going to believe rumors now? None of them made it to the consoles specs. So I think we should be ulltra careful.