• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Just get rid of Mary Jane stealth sections and we'll have a perfect sequel.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
Why would they pick 2022? Parity with the original's release date being the year Spider-Verse came out? Just to ask.
I'm actually convinced it'll be sooner than that given how much it's being used to promote the PS5. It's like the main first party game promoting it.
Will not be surprised if it's sooner than 2022.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
3 years sounds fine. They could start promoting it mid-next year, with full promotion in 2021.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
2021 sounds peculiar given the original never released in Spider-Man MCU solo film years between Homecoming and Far From Home's release date.
Isn't 2021 just Third MCU Spider-Man Solo year?

Oct 24, 2019
3 years is not sooner than we think. 3-4 years is EXACTLY what we would expect for a sequel to an established AAA franchise

CornIsGood

Oct 25, 2017
I hope not. As much as I enjoyed the first one, it could have used more time in the oven to make sure all the side stuff matched the quality of the story. Take your time Insomniac.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Diet we'll get a Spider-Man Speedloading edition at launch , which will fall within just weeks of Venom 2

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean that's a pretty standard length of time between games.

Though I wonder if it'll be PS4/PS5 or PS5 only.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Here's Insomniac's output this gen: Sunset Overdrive 2014, Ratchet and Clank 2016, Spider-Man 2018. And that's along with many smaller titles at the same time.

Holiday 2021 is not sooner than I'm thinking at all. In fact I'd be slightly disappointed if we have to wait that long.

QBizM

Oct 25, 2017
Hope they give my Spider-Hombre a jetpack option. The swinging was completely dull, slow and boring for me. Make him more like Batman where you glide around at least. Also improve the controls and you have a golden game!
... the hell kinda take is this? No. Just... No.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
2-3 years seems about right, gotta keep riding the hype wave after those endings. I hope we get PS5 Ratchet before then.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Yeah like everyone else, 2021 isn't "sooner than we think" but again, he said the exact same thing about Zelda in late 2018 "it's coming sooner than we think" when we were already ALL expecting a 2D Zelda in 2019 lol

But hype anyway !! Bring the Goblin, Norman was such a great reinterpretation of the character in the first game.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
No stealth (or just the only good one with the Rhino) and better missions please.

The swinging is great just most things round it are mostly OK.

Todesritter74

Oct 30, 2017
With or without Spider-Verse multiplayer arena? Maybe Team Spidey vs Team Venom multiplayer modes?

Concern for me would be setting. Dipping into New York again would probably turn some people off. Where can you take Spider-Man that makes sense in his lore but is not New York?

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
Uhhh.... Explain the MCU Spidersuits in the first game. They might not be related universe-wise, but for synergy purposes they are for the purposes of allowing Suits from across Spider-Man media to be in the games. That and I was talking about it in the sense that the first game wasn't released in a year where a Spider-Man MCU Film released.

The game did release the year an MCU film released which featured Spider-Man though. But not a Spider-Man MCU Solo Film year like it could be for the sequel.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Considering the first one took 4 years to make, that's at least a bit faster. They have an established engine now though, but making a PS5 game is definitely more ambitious... With greater power, comes greater responsibility... (I would love to see Ratchet on the PS5 though, seeing dat Pixar quality running in real-time)

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
I've thought that Spidey could definitely be the "Breath of the Wild" killer launch for PS5. I see every console from here on out having a really heavy hitting first party title and I really think Spider Man might be it.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
With or without Spider-Verse multiplayer arena? Maybe Team Spidey vs Team Venom multiplayer modes?

Concern for me would be setting. Dipping into New York again would probably turn some people off. Where can you take Spider-Man that makes sense in his lore but is not New York?
Probably just Miles added and all of New York City instead of just Manhattan

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Uhhh.... Explain the MCU Spidersuits in the first game. They might not be related universe-wise, but for synergy purposes they are for the purposes of allowing Suits from across Spider-Man media to be in the games. That and I was talking about it in the sense that the first game wasn't released in a year where a Spider-Man MCU Film released.

The game did release the year an MCU film released which featured Spider-Man though. But not a Spider-Man MCU Solo Film year like it could be for the sequel.
They aren't related

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I half expected a new Spidy game within the first 12 months of the PS5.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Nice, can't wait.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
2021 seems very feasible if they re-use a lot of the Manhattan open world assets. Hope the open world is significantly upgraded and diversified though, or would prefer some different settings outside of the city.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Uhh tbh 2021 WOULD be sooner than I thought for a Spiderman 2, at least if it's being built from the ground up for PS5. That's only a 3 year turnaround time.