• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
... the hell kinda take is this? No. Just... No.
I just want my jetpack.

584059208899756078.png

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
I hope ther is more interactivity with people on the streets and a more busy new york.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
If it comes out that soon I wouldn't expect it to be more than a spidey 1.5. The foundation is there already anyway and I think its below average at best. Game felt like a shameless Arkham clone more often than not. It's not even half as good as those games sadly.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Question is whether this beats God of War

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I know it's about what we expect, but I still want them to savor that time and put some new elements into the world. I want a proper next gen game out of the next one.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
So if I think it'll come out this Wednesday it'll actually come out on Tuesday ...?

Holiday 2021 sounds just about right really, it'll be three years since the last one.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
After learning that they made the entire original game in 3 years from start to finish, I've always expected that a sequel would only take 2 or 2 and a half years. Early 2021 seems super reasonable to me.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope they give my Spider-Hombre a jetpack option. The swinging was completely dull, slow and boring for me. Make him more like Batman where you glide around at least. Also improve the controls and you have a golden game!

What fresh hell take is this? The only time Peter Parker will use the jetpack if they decide to do the identity crisis story arc and have him be the Hornet.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, it's coming tomorrow?!

Hope they give my Spider-Hombre a jetpack option. The swinging was completely dull, slow and boring for me. Make him more like Batman where you glide around at least. Also improve the controls and you have a golden game!
What the fuck am I reading?

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
Nah man. They will add the movie suits to the game but release wise Marvel movies won't matter
I know. I'm just pointing out the oddity of speculation of it releasing in a Spider-Man MCU Solo Film year considering the first game wasn't. It didn't release in 2017, when Homecoming came out or this year, the year of Far From Home, for example. It was a year with an MCU Crossover film featuring Spidey, and Spider-Verse. That's what I'm trying to get at.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Just trying to help out Insomniac. Want them to make a better game that's all. Also I dont require any credit if you're reading this Insomnica dev, but I appreciate the consideration.
But then he becomes just..."Dude in spider costume who uses jetpack".

tenor.gif

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Implying that they won't be held back by the ps5? Gamers never learn
No. Of course they'll hit their limits on PS5 as well. But a 2021/2022 game shouldn't be held held back by 2013 hardware (and not even top-of-the-line hardware for it's time either).

This is pretty interesting. The SSD alone will be a game-changer when it comes to game design.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The end of 2021 is not sooner than I thought, lol.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
I expected this after a new Ratchet & Clank, please don't shake up these expectations.

I need a new Ratchet & Clank game. Not a remake either, one that continues the story!

Oct 25, 2017
I've thought that Spidey could definitely be the "Breath of the Wild" killer launch for PS5. I see every console from here on out having a really heavy hitting first party title and I really think Spider Man might be it.

We are not getting a Spider-Man sequel in two years. That is unrealistic by any standards.

I expected this after a new Ratchet & Clank, please don't shake up these expectations.

I need a new Ratchet & Clank game. Not a remake either, one that continues the story!

This will probably happen. Definitely think we get a NEW R&C first.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Can we modify the thread title to prevent further heartbreak?

I'm apparently not alone in being tremendously disappointed after being excited by that title. Holiday 2021 is exactly and in many cases even later, than what people thought.

Not the OP's fault, just Imran being extremely hyperbolic and overexcited. Please update the thread title?

*edit- found the one person who thinks it's "sooner than we thought"👇

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it comes out that soon I wouldn't expect it to be more than a spidey 1.5. The foundation is there already anyway and I think its below average at best. Game felt like a shameless Arkham clone more often than not. It's not even half as good as those games sadly.
While I prefer Batman over Spider-Man as a character in the comics and movies, it actually pained me to admit that Spider-Man PS4 is better than ANY of the Arkham games. The traversal is obviously better in every regard, and the combat, well, it only takes a few minutes with the game to see that it allows deeper combos with its combat options, far more ways to mix things up and keep the experience fresh. I couldn't enjoy the Arkham games after Spider-Man.

Jul 10, 2019
A continuation of a game on a console of the same generation 3 years is normal, but we still talk about the transition to the new generation eh. It's still a little different. =)

This game is definitely not the only game under development at Insomniac Games.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Hopefully "sooner than you think" means 2021. I hope it's not an early PS5 title because I want to wait before buying the console and I don't know if I can handle not playing this ASAP.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Can we modify the thread title to prevent further heartbreak?

I'm apparently not alone in being tremendously disappointed after being excited by that title. Holiday 2021 is exactly and in many cases even later, than what people thought.

Not the OP's fault, just Imran being extremely hyperbolic and overexcited. Please update the thread title?

*edit- found the one person who thinks it's "sooner than we thought"👇
It's not even Imran doing anything, it's the site taking a 3 second soundbite and making an article out of it without the surrounding context.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017

I'm sure we will get one but be reasonable, they just made Sony's biggest game this gen and Spider-Man is still very hot right now, and not to mention Insomniac just got bought by Sony. Even if the plan originally was to finish up Spider-Man and then work on another R&C, that likely changed pretty quick.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Fall 2021 (September?) is exactly the period i've been expecting since, hell, since i've played the first one.

Hope Insomniac is able to push out a R&C closer to PS5 launch as well.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I'd want it any sooner than that. Give them time to cook up new stuff and really flesh out what didn't work as well.