• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope they give my Spider-Hombre a jetpack option. The swinging was completely dull, slow and boring for me. Make him more like Batman where you glide around at least. Also improve the controls and you have a golden game!
This fucking guy was playing Spider-Man thinking he's Jetpack-Man. The fuck

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
2 things I want

1. No relationship drama please, it was bad in the first one just let them be a happy couple
2. No fucking Superior but who am I kidding that will totally be the tease going into the 3rd one

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
2 things I want

1. No relationship drama please, it was bad in the first one just let them be a happy couple
2. No fucking Superior but who am I kidding that will totally be the tease going into the 3rd one

How would that even work? That would be so weird for the 3rd game to do Superior considering what that all involves. I think we might get Carnage, would be awesome to get a new Maximum Carnage type game due to what's hinted to come in the 2nd one.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Can we play as Gwen or Miles?

No. Of course they'll hit their limits on PS5 as well. But a 2021/2022 game shouldn't be held held back by 2013 hardware (and not even top-of-the-line hardware for it's time either).

This is pretty interesting. The SSD alone will be a game-changer when it comes to game design.

Indeed. From 20MB/s cap for the bandwidth of streaming system to who knows what. I can't begin to imagine what Insomniac will attain.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
seems like people in this thread didn't even think the second game will be quite different from the first game since it's on a new tech, it's not just a sequel on the same platform, it's a jump in technology and that mean way more time to develop a game.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
No. Of course they'll hit their limits on PS5 as well. But a 2021/2022 game shouldn't be held held back by 2013 hardware (and not even top-of-the-line hardware for it's time either).

This is pretty interesting. The SSD alone will be a game-changer when it comes to game design.

Imagine if they use the PS5 Tech to give the NPCs in the city more than three different pairs of shoes.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why "3 years after the first game" qualifies as sooner than expected. That seems to be a pretty common turnaround time for open-world games.

Oct 25, 2017
Can we play as Gwen or Miles?

Indeed. From 20MB/s cap for the bandwidth of streaming system to who knows what. I can't begin to imagine what Insomniac will attain.
Well you're probably going to play as miles in the second game but Gwen is presumably dead as shit and they're probably not going to get into universe hopping yet

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I love it when timing happens like this. I played Spider-Man last year when it released, loved it, haven't touched it since. Over the holiday I felt like re-playing it, I'm about halfway through and loving it as much as I did the first time, and was just wondering if they'd announce a sequel at E3 or the PS5 unveiling event or whatever. Unofficial rumor, hey, good enough.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
October 2021 isn't earlier than I expected, as they already have the engine in place and overall game design. Just have to make a new story/enemies/locations plus some minor gameplay changes and 3 years seems enough time for that.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds about right! Can't wait.

They have a lot of options too, which is super exciting. I hope they don't throw too much in at once though. Focus on green goblin for two and further tease Venom at the end. Maybe even give spidey the symbiote suit at the end. Three can be all venom. Give these iconic villians room to shine.

Oct 24, 2019
So what villains are we all hoping for this time around?

Either Green Goblin or Venom for the main villain seems natural, and can't wait to see Insomniac's take on both of them!

As for side villains, I would love to see Spot, Mysterio, Lizard, Sandman, and Kraven

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
smYpcdB.jpg

I wonder if we'll be able to play as Venom like in USM...

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
3 years for a sequel where all the ground work is already set up by a developer as well managed as Insomniac isn't that surprising.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3 years after launch of the original is nowhere near "sooner" than you think lol. He probably doesn't know much and it's just speculating.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Close to when I thought but still hype to know. Now tell me that marvel 4 is closer than I think please

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Still, 2021 would make it a PS5 launch year title. (Nov 2020 thru Nov 2021) Not bad to me.

2020 would be amazing.

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
It's exactly the time frame I'd expect. The term "sooner" is being used because this gen people think the industry standard to develop a game should be 5-8 years.

GreenEarth

alt account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
Here is my take. P5 is the main platform with a P4 Pro version. They could make the last-gen version digital-only or something to not confuse customers and to push the Pro. No baseline PS4 version though. I want a leap.
Wat. You either want a leap or you want a crossgen game, you can't have both. The CPU in Pro and base PS4 is (almost) the same shitty Jaguar, so you aren't getting any leap by arbitrarily cutting out base PS4.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope they don't diverge to much from what made the first game so great. Please Oatu just let the game be focused on Spidey with no tacked on gimmick like the symbiote or even a playable Venom.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
If they ship a Rachet game for PS5 launch, 2021 for Spidey is sooner than I expected.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Am I losing it or is this a 250-post thread going off an offhand podcast comment where the very person who made it showed up and clarified it was personal speculation and not a scoop/rumor not ten posts in

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Hope they give my Spider-Hombre a jetpack option. The swinging was completely dull, slow and boring for me. Make him more like Batman where you glide around at least. Also improve the controls and you have a golden game!

Spiderman has been able to glide in the past, so it's something that wouldn't be too far fetched. A jetpack ain't happening though.