• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Take all the time you need, Insomniac. I'll be there to support when it releases. These devs have earned my trust again and again and again. Sunset Overdrive and Spider Man were both phenomenal.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
2021 is not sooner than i think. That would be 3 years after the first one. With assets / movement already in place i would be surprised if it was any later.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Holiday 2021 would have been my guess too. 3 years to make a sequel is more than enough, especially if they're using a lot of the existing city and not starting from scratch on the combat.

Oct 27, 2017
Late 2021 would be 3 years after the first (which itself had a very fast development time, IIRC), so that seems fairly reasonable. Sony will probably want it out as quickly as possible too as it would be a massive early boost to PS5 hardware sales.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
The ending of the first game was so good,left me eager to see what happens next.The next one can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I hope they don't rush it because as good as the last game was, it needed more dev time to polish it up a bit.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I hope it's way more polished and doesn't have the "insomniac" feel to its movement mechanics. I don't want to feel like time and inertia resets every time I swing or push. It needs more ragdoll physics on the webs and Spider-Man's weight and it doesn't have to work against the gameplay.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
With great sales comes a great fast sequel.
I'm so bummed this is how the industry works.

On paper it makes sense because you're asking the developer to create a similar game without spending 1-2 years fleshing out the foundation and pipeline to make it, but it kinda doesn't make sense to rush sequels given that you expect sequels to be as good but also better than the original.

I've just seen too many sequels and game trilogies where the further it goes the more stripped down it gets whilist technically improving in other areas. Mass Effect 3 still stings, and to be honest Jak 3 and Ratchet & Clank 3 even had their "3" woes.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Spiderman is also in a lucky position where its always gonna take place in New York, so the open world doesn't have to change all that much

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Spiderman 2 inevitable PS5 bundle is going to destroy NPD charts my god. Sony might even be puzzled because there are so many outstanding games to bundle with. A nice problem to have.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Holiday 2020 with the PS5 is what I'd called "sooner than expected"

Really loved the first, so can't wait for 2. Hope we get
Miles as the protagonist

Gaiseric

Aug 4, 2019
This is like a month away from saying it's coming out in January 2022 and that's 'sooner than expected'. 😅