• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which team are you in, hooman? (NOTE: Vote-changing disabled!)

• #TeamReal

Votes: 2,046 67.7%
  • #TeamFake

Votes: 978 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
This, I feel, is fake.

The way the new characters are laid out with that open space seems very unprofessional and didn't Sakurai outright say not to expect too many new characters and there are only a few left?
Funny, didn't you say back in June that banner had a little more room for just few characters.

Then August proved that wrong

wondermagenta

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne
DqRczIgWkAAbFvF.jpg:large

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
You know what? I'd be fine with that!

Chorus kids could play in a incredibly creative way and fucking Banjo Kazooie? Hell Yes!
Give em to me! That would be a dream come true for me! The move set basically writes itself and I can already hear the sound kazooie makes with the side-b attack (duck + some c-button from the Banjo games).

That would also explain why there's no N64 mini announced yet. Could include BK or BT or even other Rare games and would be a huge thing!
A bit sad about Goku though.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd LOVE Banjo to be in, but you know what's most baffling to me? The first reveal trailer for Smash Ultimate Sakurai quite literally says "don't expect many newcomers due to the amount of past content we are bringing back". So I thought that meant "Inkling and Ridley are the only two newcomers".

At this point + these potential leaks, it feels like there's MORE newcomers than any past title to me. It feels so weird that he seemed to have to temper expectations like that when this amount of content is well and enough what we'd expect from a new Smash title.

They've been working on this game since 2015 dude, using a game that was pretty much built before. I know there was a lot of work in it but it's not like it was built from scratch. I can easily see them being able to do all of this.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Could all of these be DLC rather than base roster? Then it doesn't contradict Sakurai's comments about fewer newcomers... In the base game, at least.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
No Rex/Pyra and Mythra or Lora/Jin and Haze makes me sad. Well, one of those teams will enter the brawl as DLC most likely. At least the Ultimate Life Form seems to be in.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Smash 4 had 21 newcomers.
We shoudlnt expect 21 newcomers for Ultimate and going by this leak we wont get anywhere near close, even when counting echoes
Correction: Smash 4 had 17 newcomers, 15 if you discount echoes/clones. 21 is the post-launch number. If this leak is real, that puts us at 16 newcomers in Ultimate, with 10 original newcomers. That's still extremely close to Smash 4.

OP
OP
ResetGreyWolf

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Could all of these be DLC rather than base roster? Then it doesn't contradict Sakurai's comments about fewer newcomers... In the base game, at least.

Very unlikely. Either this is fake or they're all in from launch.

Even if this leak is real, Ultimate would stull have fewer newcomers than prevoius Smash titles.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
This seems to fit well with the Codename leak awhile back

• Ponytail -
• Old Man -
• Archer -
• Mech - Mach Rider
• Rhythm - Chorus Kids
• Folklore - Banjo
• Doll - Geno
• Soul - Isaac?
• Fake - Shadow

Mech would have been Ray(01)
Dixie Kong would have been Ponytail
Old Man is probably Mach Rider
Archer might've been Monster Hunter.

Bulbul

Nov 20, 2017
Regardless if this is real or not,

After Cloud, no character can beat him in terms of hype and relevance.

Cloud the GOAT.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
SEVEN new characers, only two of which are echoes, AND I finally get Isaac after all this time, AND people get Geno and Banjo as well?

I want to believe of course, but this is just... it's too much of a dream scenario.

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Sounds absolutely awesome to me. Only thing I'd love to see is a Felix echo. I know that's greedy, but maybe as DLC haha. As long as I have Isaac I'm satisfied.

quesalupa

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
US
I skimmed through some of this thread before reading the OP and thought the fucking Grinch was in for a second lol

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
If it's true, I will really be disappointed with the lack of more XC characters (basically Elma). Too many fan-favorites and retro characters.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Something people need to consider.

The fact that whoever posted this might have worked for a printing company does not mean that this person would be incapable of faking their own leak. This person was dumb enough to post "fuck you Nintendo" while leaving a paper trail in his image.

Ultimate's character art on the mural is also, quite honestly, not too comlpicated to replicate if you have any illustrative talent, while blurring the image out easily covers any inconsistencies.

The one thing I'd say the Grinch stuff is evidence of is that this person seemingly does work at a company doing graphic work.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
  • No Dragon Quest
  • No Custom Robo
Sigh... I only needed Dragon Quest to be happy. Just 1 character Sakurai!

But I'm with team real. At least Isaac is in!

The only reason I'm with team real is because the guy who leaked this is supposed to really work on marketing stuff, so it's plausible considering his Bandai Namco ties.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Most of these characters have performed very very well in character popularity polls. A few of them are Sakurai-favourite characters that he has stated in the past that he personally would have liked to include in Smash.

True, but it just all seems to good to be true. Plus apart from the echo fighters, there doesnt seem to be any super well known announcements...but then again, theres not many people left to put in (apart from monster hunter, phoenix wright, professor layton etc)

Regardless if this is real or not,

After Cloud, no character can beat him in terms of hype and relevance.

Cloud the GOAT.

You just wait till Goku gets announced

#Believe

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Rather than being condencending and rude over and over again, why can't you contribute then by elaborating? Where and how has it been debunked, exactly?
I'm certainly not condescending. Ijust wonder why there would be a thread for 1 leak when dozens of other as fake-ish are disregarded.

It has been debunked by the initial maker of it or something like that but I don't have any link right now.
But it still doesn't work when you look closely.

No need to be overly negative ^^.

Edit : Doesn't mean no characters from this can end up in the game.

Actually they could all be but that would just be a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.